Multicrew exploration in 3.3

So I just spend an hour having my friend join me on a 2 hour voyage from Colonia to Kashyapa, being rather productive we both went on the new frequency analysis scan thing and detailed surface scanner features, scanning 40 million worth of credits on the way. And I must say having a second person on the FSS really helps to speed things up.
I read somewhere that he'd have to be on board to get a payout when I sell because the data was on my ship to begin with. So he stayed all the way until I sold the data.
And in the end he got zilch, 0, null, nothing. It even said so much on the multicrew report after we decided that he might have to leave and cash in the scan data or multicrew earnings with the authority contact like you would for example the trading dividents, but no such luck.

I thought multicrew exploration was being built upon with the new features added, and yet there is no reward to it at all for the crew.

So what gives?[mad]

View attachment 122159

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a bug or as intended, but it has been present and reported since the beta. Even though there is (or at least, was at around 3.3's release) real demand from new players for MC exploration, the community by and large doesn't seem to care much about it. Also, with Chapter Four being probably the most broken release the game has had so far, I imagine this isn't high on the priority list to fix. We'll see.

But yeah, can confirm that crew gets absolutely nothing for the help they gave you.

It's very disappointing, because of the fact that they specifically mentioned on multiple occasions that the new system would support multi-crew. To me, having only one person get the rewards isn't actually multi-crew, unless the other person is specifically trying to help "power-level" you.

I was about to say something about how broken it would have been to introduce multi-crew in the first place, if it didn't share the money and rank experience rewards in combat. But that has its own issues too. For instance, if someone joins your ship as a gunner, or to fly the SLF, you'll earn those rewards considerably more slowly. It splits both the money and the XP across both players, but you aren't doubling the kill rate, so your individual rewards go down.

This is very disappointing. Quite a few people have told me they wish to multicrew with me during DW2. It's cool they get recognition for discoveries, but they should also get paid.

It's very disappointing, because of the fact that they specifically mentioned on multiple occasions that the new system would support multi-crew. To me, having only one person get the rewards isn't actually multi-crew, unless the other person is specifically trying to help "power-level" you.

I was about to say something about how broken it would have been to introduce multi-crew in the first place, if it didn't share the money and rank experience rewards in combat. But that has its own issues too. For instance, if someone joins your ship as a gunner, or to fly the SLF, you'll earn those rewards considerably more slowly. It splits both the money and the XP across both players, but you aren't doubling the kill rate, so your individual rewards go down.

Actually the captain gets the full reward for bounties, while the crew gets a part of it, depending on the rank difference to the captain. So a Harmless player joining an elite ship will get considerably less than say a master player joining a dangerous one. Not sure about the exact ratios but I've seen them somewhere on the wiki I'm sure.

Top Bottom