Notable Phenomena Repository | Please add yours!

You're on a roll [where is it]

I think this repository is a great idea, not only for revisiting our own discoveries but to go visit the stuff we've not seen yet but others have been kind enough to share :D

I'm happy to add (almost) as I find them, although will hold back for a day or two if in (as yet) undiscovered systems and I've had to wait to hand explo data in...

Found some Lagrange Clouds near the Gnosis, system PLAA EURK XO-X C15-4

JgqjhhM.jpg

Found some Lagrange Clouds near the Gnosis, system PLAA EURK XO-X C15-4

Brilliant! I'll get over that way sooner or later :)

But you can't be an explorer - there's too much paint left on your ship :p

(My Krait II with the same paint job is at 0% and it looks quite odd compared to the 'full paint job')

Just had it repainted! Can't go on DW2 with a beat up looking ship! (It's kind of newly fashioned as an explorer vessel anyway, used to be my scout killing ship!)

Just a quickie - has anyone else noticed that Solid Mineral Spheres appear to eject 'spores' in a cloud as you approach them? I have a video of this happening but I don't think linking to my website would allow playing it...

Just had it repainted! Can't go on DW2 with a beat up looking ship! (It's kind of newly fashioned as an explorer vessel anyway, used to be my scout killing ship!)

I like the Krait MkII as an explorer, even if I have just gone out on a jaunt in the Phantom... My MkII was in Colonia when 3.3 went live, so I went out to Sag A* and a little trip up near the Abyssal Plain seeking 'new' stuff before buying and equipping the Phantom. Was about a 30KLY in the MkII :D

Well, about 760 jumps out in a semi 'helter-skelter' direction and turning back. Not a single NP found. Haven't been near any nebulae though, but as I understood it that wasn't really a prerequisite, save for the more colourful lagrange-clouds? A few biologicals (mostly anemones or whatever they're called) is all out of the usual suspects.

At last! Found 2 notable phenomena in Blau Eurk MR-A b3-0: 1 proto-lagrange cloud containing both Flavus and Rubeus metallic crystals, and a cluster of Purpureus and Rubeus metallic crystals in the ring of a gas giant.

Will submit full reports to the repository, but here are a couple of screenshots:

xm7gl4C.png

o6LLyMY.png

I didn't see anything else floating or flying around, but given the size of some creatures, it's not impossible I missed something.

Also, I may have accidentally fired a mining laser and some pulse lasers... repeatedly... at a crystal; there was no effect.

ETA: Reports submitted! Hope all is in order.

Last edited:
At last! Found 2 notable phenomena in Blau Eurk MR-A b3-0: 1 proto-lagrange cloud containing both Flavus and Rubeus metallic crystals, and a cluster of Purpureus and Rubeus metallic crystals in the ring of a gas giant.

Will submit full reports to the repository, but here are a couple of screenshots:

I didn't see anything else floating or flying around, but given the size of some creatures, it's not impossible I missed something.

Also, I may have accidentally fired a mining laser and some pulse lasers... repeatedly... at a crystal; there was no effect.

ETA: Reports submitted! Hope all is in order.

Worth looking more closely if you can - I've been finding those clouds usually have 2x different crystals + 1 smaller mollusc or the like. Try and get close to the main bunches of crystals and they should appear on the nav panel. (Of course I may have just been lucky!)

Just a quickie - has anyone else noticed that Solid Mineral Spheres appear to eject 'spores' in a cloud as you approach them? I have a video of this happening but I don't think linking to my website would allow playing it...

Hmmm... A similar thing happens with the Candidus peduncle pods...

If you shine your lights on them, they burst forward a little, ejecting something from the back... not with any great force however, (enough to nearly take out a ring of my fairly weak shields....)

Without the ship lights on, however, I can bump and bang them all I like and they don’t move....

If you shine your lights on them, they burst forward a little, ejecting something from the back... not with any great force however, (enough to nearly take out a ring of my fairly weak shields....)

They cause plenty of damage to an unshielded 'Conda :/ Around 20%.....twice.....err, for science :)
a 1D repair limpet is almost useless as it turns out - about 1% each. Now I have constant sparkle :D

In other news....
It seems the NSP's appear on honk - no need to FSS. I'm finding I drop into system, pop open FSS, spot waves in the NSP area, quit FSS and go to NAV panel. If they're near, I'll go look.

Edit: So, whilst the above is true, failing to resolve the NSP in the FSS also fails to write the journal entry - assuming EDD will upload this to EDSM to give us lists of NSP's for distribution purposes, you may want to trigger the journal entry
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ous-Star-Map?p=7281819&viewfull=1#post7281819

Last edited:
Edit: So, whilst the above is true, failing to resolve the NSP in the FSS also fails to write the journal entry - assuming EDD will upload this to EDSM to give us lists of NSP's for distribution purposes, you may want to trigger the journal entry
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ous-Star-Map?p=7281819&viewfull=1#post7281819

A quick question on this...

I haven’t downloaded edsm at all in my 3 1/2 years of playing as my system isn’t the best.
I’m writing down all my finds...
How much of a performance hit would using edsm be?...

Sure would save me a lot of hassle as I’ve found so many Proto/Peduncle spots....

I haven’t downloaded edsm at all in my 3 1/2 years of playing as my system isn’t the best.

Sure would save me a lot of hassle as I’ve found so many Proto/Peduncle spots....

edsm is a website, don't download that ;)

You want edmc - it's very lightweight

Well, as Factabulous says, EDSM is website - you can manually upload your journal logs there or use a 3rd party tool to do it for you. I use EDD (ED Discovery)- I have it running in conjunction with ED but do find it sometimes (EDD) lags due to lack of CPU in my system. But it doesn't have to run all the time since it will read your logs after the event too. So you could play, and then start EDD after you quit ED and let EDD run for a bit to process your logs. Or, don't use a tool and just upload your logs manually.

However..... I'm funding a lot of 'dud' objects - penducles that can be scanned but don't actually register as scanned - no codex no nothing, and that includes no journal entry. as if I had not scanned at all. Seems to be quite often actually - I think the pods always scan properly though. So this means that to keep a complete record would still be pen n paper until the bugs are fixed.

The ones that don’t scan are the 8-legged types...
Two different kinds, one with small central spines and one with large, as far as I can tell...

I’m getting same results as you... no scan, no codex entry...

Bug has been reported.

Are you also having difficulty dropping out at the correct point?
I’m having to manually drop at around 350km to ensure i’m not too far away...

Without the ship lights on, however, I can bump and bang them all I like and they don’t move....

I've yet to meet those beasties... Obviously don't hang around in the right places :) Now I'll have to codex them and see if there are any in my locality!

Bug has been reported.

Are you also having difficulty dropping out at the correct point?
I’m having to manually drop at around 350km to ensure i’m not too far away...

Great that a bug is reported already :)

yes, I had drop-in issues - dropping me at 900km or whatever and then having to either slow boat or constantly enter and exit SC to edge closer. It did stop though - I *think* it was after exiting game - I've had 3 or 4 sessions today :D Mind you, since leaving Dryman's Point area, I don't think I've seen any NSP's so it could be coincidence

So this is strange. Just submitted another entry for what seemed like a new feature, but there seems to be some oddness around how it's actually named. When I discovered it, it showed up as a "Stolon Tree", not pod. Looking at the Wiki page, it shows up as
(http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Stolon_Pod) pod and possibly called "Gyre Trees".

After submitting it, I looked back in the Codex and the main Biological page shows it under Organic structures as a Stolon Pod, but clicking on it, it states it's a Stolon Tree. Either way, it doesn't look like any of the images in the wikipage at any cost...

So this is strange. Just submitted another entry for what seemed like a new feature, but there seems to be some oddness around how it's actually named. When I discovered it, it showed up as a "Stolon Tree", not pod. Looking at the Wiki page, it shows up as
(http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Stolon_Pod) pod and possibly called "Gyre Trees".

After submitting it, I looked back in the Codex and the main Biological page shows it under Organic structures as a Stolon Pod, but clicking on it, it states it's a Stolon Tree. Either way, it doesn't look like any of the images in the wikipage at any cost...

Hmmm. I've seen some Tree thing in the Codex a few weeks back... post pics plz :D

Top Bottom