Notable Phenomena Repository | Please add yours!

Hmmm. I've seen some Tree thing in the Codex a few weeks back... post pics plz :D
These are the ones I submitted:

xREGrfu.jpg
YNJNaH6.jpg
Qaasx5X.jpg

Bumping this fine resource.

I found two NP systems (my first) in short order en route to Omega Mining Operations. In the Smojue and M17 sectors respectively. Don't know if pure luck or the fact they're pretty common in the Inner Orion Spur was the reason. Spent about a month in two other regions before that without any finds.

Last edited:
Just noticed a few errors in my submitted entries, apologies for that. The "IC Sector" entries should all have "1396" between IC & Sector, and one of the proto Lagrange clouds was submitted as a k01-type anomaly by accident. Going to avoid submitting through mobile while on my console from now on, and just enter my data after the session is over and I can get to my PC.

Last edited:
You know what would be REALLY useful. A way of sorting this spreadsheet on distance away from a reference system (i.e. your current location). Anyone know how to do that?

You know what would be REALLY useful. A way of sorting this spreadsheet on distance away from a reference system (i.e. your current location). Anyone know how to do that?

Use edsm - it has search :) Still needs work so you can search on 'anything', but you can search for up to 10 things: https://www.edsm.net/en/codex

For example: https://www.edsm.net/en/search/syst...nlyPopulated/0/radius/400/sortBy/distanceCMDR

(Hint: Maximum radius is a bit low to start with :) )

Use edsm - it has search :) Still needs work so you can search on 'anything', but you can search for up to 10 things: https://www.edsm.net/en/codex

For example: https://www.edsm.net/en/search/syst...nlyPopulated/0/radius/400/sortBy/distanceCMDR

(Hint: Maximum radius is a bit low to start with :) )

Yeah, I've used the EDSM Discord channel before now to measure distances. If I write a shell script which processes the entire spreadsheet from this forum thread and makes numerous requests to EDSM to calculate distances from a given reference system and then sort the sheet by the results do you happen to know if I'm going to kill EDSM? (i.e. is it designed for use by automated batch query).

Last edited:
Yeah, I've used the EDSM Discord channel before now to measure distances. If I write a shell script which processes the entire spreadsheet from this forum thread and makes numerous requests to EDSM to calculate distances from a given reference system and then sort the sheet by the results do you happen to know if I'm going to kill EDSM? (i.e. is it designed for use by automated batch query).

Errrm no - use the EDSM website.... (someone doesn't click links, especially the 2nd one :) )

Edit: And if you upload to EDSM it will fill in the current location (i.e. where you are) for you :)

Last edited:
Mobia :
yellow cloud
rubeum MC
praesenum MC
Viride umbrella

kioti:
Red cloud(luteolum) n+
Pupureum MC
Praesinum MC
Viride umbrella mollusc clustered and in pairs

E_P PX-T D3-281
yellow cloud
solid mineral spheres + ink cloud
rubeum metallic crystals lots
luteolum umbrella mollusc large

union:
ruby cloud
rubeum metallic few
luteolum umbrella many
solid mineral spheres many.

orange cloud
Praesinum MC
Luteolum umbrella
solid mineral spheres

distribution seems about equal

EP IW-W E1-1234

Proto cloud/deep purple
luteolum umbrella molluscs
solid mineral speres
lattice mineral spheres (1 only)
No caltrops!

valac:

ruby cloud
purpureum MC
prasinum mc
luteolum umbrella mollusc
equal distibrution

aurora astrum:
Blue cloud
prasinum mc
luteolum umbrella

*EP/E_P = Eol Prou

Errrm no - use the EDSM website.... (someone doesn't click links, especially the 2nd one :) )

Edit: And if you upload to EDSM it will fill in the current location (i.e. where you are) for you :)

I did click the link ... but I'll admit I didn't pay enough attention to the form it landed me on! [haha]

Perfect - thanks!

I have added this table to my website as "Qohen Leth's Notable Phenomena"
I am just dumping the data in table format at the moment, I will reformat it soon so that it more internet friendly. But at least you can order the data by proximity to a reference system so here is a link giving the order relative to Sol:
http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk/customtable/view/notable%20phenomena?id=notable+phenomena&system=sol

Oh yes I found a number of errors in your table of data:
There are several that reference a system "IC Sector ...". These do not exist, I think it meant to say "IC 1396 Sector ...".
"prea euq nn-j c25-0" should be "praea euq nn-j c25-0" me thinks
"NYEAJEAU XFK B42-7" should be "NYEAJEAU XF-K B42-7"
"M17 SECTOR QX-T B19-3A" should be "M17 SECTOR QX-T B19-3"
"FLYOO GROA SO-Z EO" should be "FLYOO GROA SO-Z E0", that last character is a zero not an "O" as in "O dear I spelt this wrong"

Would it be possible for you to provide a unique Id column? NP1, NP2, ... or some such scheme?

regards
Capitan Ace Rimmer

Last edited:

I know a few sheets had that feature (the Rock Rats monster sheets back in DW1 iirc), but I'm not sure how to do it off the top of my head. Deffo possible though.

Last edited:
I have added this table to my website as "Qohen Leth's Notable Phenomena"
I am just dumping the data in table format at the moment, I will reformat it soon so that it more internet friendly. But at least you can order the data by proximity to a reference system so here is a link giving the order relative to Sol:
http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk...ble phenomena?id=notable+phenomena&system=sol

Oh yes I found a number of errors in your table of data:
There are several that reference a system "IC Sector ...". These do not exist, I think it meant to say "IC 1396 Sector ...".
"prea euq nn-j c25-0" should be "praea euq nn-j c25-0" me thinks
"NYEAJEAU XFK B42-7" should be "NYEAJEAU XF-K B42-7"
"M17 SECTOR QX-T B19-3A" should be "M17 SECTOR QX-T B19-3"
"FLYOO GROA SO-Z EO" should be "FLYOO GROA SO-Z E0", that last character is a zero not an "O" as in "O dear I spelt this wrong"

Would it be possible for you to provide a unique Id column? NP1, NP2, ... or some such scheme?

regards
Capitan Ace Rimmer

I will look at those errors! And at a unique ID.

Alright, fixed the sysname errors, and added a unique NPxx identifier to the entries, that will auto-generate with each new entry.

Alright, fixed the sysname errors, and added a unique NPxx identifier to the entries, that will auto-generate with each new entry.

There are still two more "IC Sector" entries that need correcting, and the K01 Anomaly in one of them is supposed to be a Proto Lagrange Cloud. Once again, I'm sorry for those fumbled submissions.

ODINS HOLD
Dryio Bloo LT-Y D1-801
Rubeum MC
Luteolum Capsule molluscs
Solid mineral spheres

These molluscs exhibit signs of territorial behaviour.
When i approached a cluster of 6,they were not oriented towards the main light source,as umbrella molluscs usually are, but rather at odd angles to each other.They were also mobile,manoeuvering,also unlike umbrella molluscs.When they came within range,or on some other cue,a pair which i was watching reversed towards each other,until their 'tails' tangled.There followed bursts of electrical energy,and a cloud of 'smoke' appeared.Then they backed off of one another.I observed this behaviour in other pairs,as there were several clusters.At one point i must have drifted too close to one of them,as i heard the discharge when at least one of them connected with my shields.Subsequently this one ceased moving,and another mollusc 'charged' it from the side and discharged into it,but it remained unmoving.I fear it may have been stunned by coming into contact with my shields.

2) Ceruleum (blue/green) cloud
solid minral spheres
purpureum MC
Lutolum Capsule Molluscs
I found one of these alone and investigated further.It reacted to light source,turning and moving towards me at 7~8 kmh, (i reverski'd very slooowly.).It pursued me and at 103 meters,it caught me and discharged into my shields.I backed off swiftly.It hung for a while,inert in the darkness,and light produced no response.I backed off and returned.It must have been stunned, bcause it oriented towards me and we resumed the chase.It lost interest and returned to its normal routine after 750m.

3) Green cloud (viride)
Prasenum metallic crystals
Purpureum MC(few)
Luteolum Capsule molluscs. (several clusters)

Similar fighting behaviour.I think they are more attracted by mass,since i was stationary and without hi-beams,yet one of them lined up and engaged me.(no shield breach).They normally travel at 2~3 km,but after an engagment,the 'winner' backs off,the other is without motive power for some twenty seconds or so,and if the 'winner' has an 'ally' it may ram the flank and disharge into the 'loser',further disabling it.

Odins Hold
Dryio Bloo NO-Y D1-215
Green cloud *
Solid mineral spheres
Rubeum Metallic Crystals
Luteolum Capsule Molluscs (large clusters)

I stood off for a while watching a large group of nine capsule molluscs battling it out.I then switched off my shields,and maneouvred within range.The codex entry for these beasties says 'approaches any nearby objects.'Can confirm.Hull damage was 2%,(or 50% current,can't be sure).Dont try this at home.

*scanner did not identify lagrange cloud
2i7mu5h.jpg

v49f7b.jpg

v49f7b.jpg

2i7mu5h.jpg

Sorry about the double image.Don't know how that happened.

Last edited:
Odins Hold
Dryio Bloo YE-A G1518

Rubicundum Lagrange cloud (Red)
Purpureum MC
Flavum MC
Lindigoticum Capsule Mollusc*
Spent about an hour observing this new type of mollusc.There were several groups,one pair,three groups of four,and possibly one solo.The pair exhibited the same fighting behaviour as the luteolum molluscs,but appeared to co-operate with one another to attack another pair.They also demonstrated synchronicity in movement in pairs,turning together.Effective range of detection was 300m.
*New type-first encounter.

Top Bottom