Ace Combat 7 has Battle Royale...

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I really hope this hasn't hurt the campaign's development in any way.

Ace Combat 6 had that too.

Whether or not that "ruined" the campaign, I personally have no idea. Ace Combat 6 was the first of the series that I played. (Never owned any Playstation, only Xbox 360)

I just watched the story trailer yesterday and I look forward to it. Multiplayer aspect never interested me much.
It looks great. If it has a childrens' mode in it, I don't mind. Will simply ignore it. :)

The only thing that bugs me is that I'm on PC. Therefore will have to wait till Feb. Boo. :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Ace Combat 6 had that too.

Whether or not that "ruined" the campaign, I personally have no idea. Ace Combat 6 was the first of the series that I played. (Never owned any Playstation, only Xbox 360)

I have high standards after playing Ace Combat 5. 6 was alright but nothing to scream about. Music was good.

Speaking of music... It seems the music player in AC7 will be a paid extra.

I'm a little at that.

I have high standards after playing Ace Combat 5. 6 was alright but nothing to scream about. Music was good.

Speaking of music... It seems the music player in AC7 will be a paid extra.

I'm a little at that.

I don't personally like anime melodrama, so the story/campaign was the least interesting for me. I really like the Ace Combat 6 gameplay as my first in the series.

Let me put it this is way — the gameplay in AC7 can't be any worse than Assault Horizon. :x

Deleted member 110222

D
I don't personally like anime melodrama, so the story/campaign was the least interesting for me. I really like the Ace Combat 6 gameplay as my first in the series.

Let me put it this is way — the gameplay in AC7 can't be any worse than Assault Horizon. :x

That is very true.

Alas, I love anime melodrama. :(

It only became CoD with AC6. All previous titles had no online multiplayer.

Source: My shelf.

It's not just about multiplayer, just how these games play.
I actually quite like the AC, so I don't really mean it in a very negative sense. Single player usually plays out in similar fashion. Fast paced arcade spectacle, with absolutely nonsensical and hilarious story that tries to take itself a bit too seriously. Those games are a good laugh, and I can enjoy that.

I really hope this hasn't hurt the campaign's development in any way.

My interest in this went from high to zero when they cut back on the VR (initially announced as a VR title with optional screen support).
So for me it having a battle royale is just another few nails in an already sealed up coffin

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Yup I saw the new Thrustmaster Ace Combat 7 HOTAS for consoles but I was more interested if it supports Warthog or X55.

Couldn't comment on PC.

I only found out yesterday it was even on our platform. Ace Combat has always been a console-exclusive.

My interest in this went from high to zero when they cut back on the VR (initially announced as a VR title with optional screen support).
So for me it having a battle royale is just another few nails in an already sealed up coffin

Wait, it's got VR. Isn't it? I've not played it. But from reviews I've seen they showcase VR gameplay. So what's the issue?
Edit. Ah, I think I see now. It's PS VR only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom