Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"we are aware that the servers are currently experiencing some turbulence!"

Turbulence? This is a game, not a plane :/

Instead of preparing for DW2 they opened Youtube's live streams with their beer and chips. But (surprise!) they have forgotten to pay Amazon for this ):
And now are watching how dozens of thousand youtubers look at "connection turbulence" black screens.
Typical 25th anniversary for Frontiers. I hope responsible persons will never get their bonuses in this company.

Come on Frontier.... I mean, seriously... DW2 has been planned for MONTHS. And it crashes the server? It just looks like Frontier did no planning whatsoever. But more worrying is the evident capacity issue: if the servers cannot handle an increase in the number of players online at once, what does that say for anticipation of future sales of the game? I mean, you are hoping there will be future sales, right? As a shareholder in Frontier Developments this is a little more worrying that not being able to play ED tonight, or take part in a long planned event (planned by the player based, anyway).

Please get your act(s) together!

Come on Frontier.... I mean, seriously... DW2 has been planned for MONTHS. And it crashes the server? It just looks like Frontier did no planning whatsoever. But more worrying is the evident capacity issue: if the servers cannot handle an increase in the number of players online at once, what does that say for anticipation of future sales of the game? I mean, you are hoping there will be future sales, right? As a shareholder in Frontier Developments this is a little more worrying that not being able to play ED tonight, or take part in a long planned event (planned by the player based, anyway).

Please get your act(s) together!

well thats one of the things players dont know
its always a possibilaty that stock prices play a big role in the development of the game
but as you wel know those stocks have been dropping over a periode as we all can see here
and much of this has to do with the problems internally

these stocks could also be the reason that they pushed the update knowing that there are so many bugs in it just to get the stocks going up again
money plays a big role in the bugs we have today
and if the bugs will be solved in the next month well i dont know players and stockholders who is more important

well thats one of the things players dont know
its always a possibilaty that stock prices play a big role in the development of the game
but as you wel know those stocks have been dropping over a periode as we all can see here
and much of this has to do with the problems internally

these stocks could also be the reason that they pushed the update knowing that there are so many bugs in it just to get the stocks going up again
money plays a big role in the bugs we have today
and if the bugs will be solved in the next month well i dont know players and stockholders who is more important
Stocks, 'cos without good stock price their debts get called in.

Yeah I'm a dad and my son wants to play with Multi Crew but we keep getting thrown off. It's very frustrating, and we're on the same LAN! Both on Steam! He was grinding and grinding to get a Crusader and now we find we can't share in it :( Just wanted to do a little bounty farming, very sad :(

And on my PC here at work, I can't get to the Adjudication Server at all when it comes to approaching bases of any kind. It throws me off 100%, and I can't see any way to fix it. :(

Maybe someone upstairs is telling you that at work, you should be "working" ,not playing, the meaning is in the word;)

So sad

It's so sad seeing that there's no patch 3.3.02 in sight and what makes me more sad is the status of the Bug Reporting forums lately. Today they seem to be offline as usual in the last couple of weeks. More and more threads keep adding up. The poor QA guys will never have a chance logging and tracking all the stuff. What's wrong in the forums? Is ED not that important anymore [woah] - I've never seen them like this before December last year...

Last edited:
Maybe a lot of the jumping to conclusions could be stopped if fdev would take half an hour to explain how their network topology works a bit. Because it's a bit confusing how a p2p game can overload servers that do nothing but push instance (map data/locations) and log the comings and goings of players in a given "instance" as well as provide a list of players to send to clients so they know who to connect to.

To someone playing the game, this sounds like the game servers should be little more than an irc server with some bots. The irc server handles joining/exiting "channels" or "instances" and the bots handle the dynamic creation of client lists that clients request upon entering an instance (or get pushed when a new person enters). Add a DB backend to log the data. So to hear about the servers not being able to handle a few thousand simultaneous connections makes anyone who remembers how many clients IRC networks had connected back in the day very confused. This confusion easily leads to frustration and anger because there's no real communication about why.

Obviously it doesn't work that way, but it would be nice to know why it doesn't work that way and then maybe we'd all be more understanding of when issues occur. Because right now the default reason leans towards mistakes on the developer's part. ...either past mistakes in design or intentional mistakes to underfund hardware.

I wonder what the following clip from launcher is all about ????
V 2018.12.17.190809 0.4.6471.0 [0.4.6496.0 AVAILABLE,SEE NEWS] FD

Cant find NEWS to see ....
Is it a fix or what ? (could have been there since Kickstarter but I've only just noticed it ;-) )
Mijk

Wondered about this as well, glad I'm not the only one that couldn't find anything.

Wondered about this as well, glad I'm not the only one that couldn't find anything.

Go to your account page on the frontier website. Click on the 'my downloadable products' page and download the latest launcher from there.

I think the reason the automatic update isn't working may be because the file name of the latest one is different - it's usually called Client-Installer.exe, but the newst one is called EliteDangerousLauncherSetup.exe.

Just another bug :D

Last edited:
Maybe a lot of the jumping to conclusions could be stopped if fdev would take half an hour to explain how their network topology works a bit. Because it's a bit confusing how a p2p game can overload servers that do nothing but push instance (map data/locations) and log the comings and goings of players in a given "instance" as well as provide a list of players to send to clients so they know who to connect to.

To someone playing the game, this sounds like the game servers should be little more than an irc server with some bots. The irc server handles joining/exiting "channels" or "instances" and the bots handle the dynamic creation of client lists that clients request upon entering an instance (or get pushed when a new person enters). Add a DB backend to log the data. So to hear about the servers not being able to handle a few thousand simultaneous connections makes anyone who remembers how many clients IRC networks had connected back in the day very confused. This confusion easily leads to frustration and anger because there's no real communication about why.

Obviously it doesn't work that way, but it would be nice to know why it doesn't work that way and then maybe we'd all be more understanding of when issues occur. Because right now the default reason leans towards mistakes on the developer's part. ...either past mistakes in design or intentional mistakes to underfund hardware.
P2P was a poor choice for a game like this but it was the cheep way to do it and cheap won. Now we all suffer for it. Even so, ED has more P2P problem than it should so the problem goes beyond just a poor development choice. The only real solution is a central server that is an expense I don't know if Frontier will take on. However, with the new content being paid, that should be more than enough to fund servers. It also maybe required because squads operating as squads from carriers will not work with the instancing available now. P2P can't handle it. So either Frontier will bite the bullet and fix this design miscalculation or all the problems thousands of players are experiencing now will be amplified.

Go to your account page on the frontier website. Click on the 'my downloadable products' page and download the latest launcher from there.

I think the reason the automatic update isn't working may be because the file name of the latest one is different - it's usually called Client-Installer.exe, but the newst one is called EliteDangerousLauncherSetup.exe.

Just another bug :D

Ohhhh. Thanks!

Heat Bug/Swarm Bug (Damage multiplied by the number of players in instance)

Frontier, after 5 months of knowledge about that "multiplayer = unplayable" bug, and still no attempt to fix it? seriously?

No bug? ah, ok. i have another information, that has confirmed, it IS a BUG actually.

i have messaged one guy of the QA, the answer was clear about "investigating that issue and passing it by internally".

he was not able to give me a few detailed informations.

Last edited:
Update 1.31. Keeps causing me a blue screen. And not just once, but 3 times in less than half an hour. Each time losing my keybinds and each time i either jumped out of supercruise myself (twice) or submitted to an interdiction. This last update certainly srewed up SOMETHING. Which is especially annoying right now as my faction is finally in an expansion

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom