Hellmode

I read about this in another thread:

Notoriety 10 - relentless pursuit from 5 ATR on this CMDR wherever he goes // loss of engineering on all modules at rebuy.
Notoriety 9 - relentless pursuit from 4 ATR on this CMDR wherever he goes // loss of engineering on 1 random module at rebuy.
Notoriety 8 - relentless pursuit from 3 ATR on this CMDR wherever he goes
Notoriety 7 - relentless pursuit from 2 ATR on this CMDR wherever he goes
Notoriety 6 - relentless pursuit from 1 ATR on this CMDR wherever he goes

Caveat - Killing NPCs does not bump Notoriety above 5. Notoriety 6 and above should only come from murder of another CMDR.

Last edited:
I'd go with a more logarithmic scale on how many cops are chasing you after level 5. If you're going to hellmode, go big.

I'd go with a more logarithmic scale on how many cops are chasing you after level 5. If you're going to hellmode, go big.

These numbers are based on what someone said in the other thread about impossible to survive 4-5 ATR focused on you. I have no experience with the ATR since I clean notoriety as soon as it happens.

I like it, but it doesn't go far enough as all the miscreant loses is credits and well we all know how easy credits come by.

What I would like to see is the added punishment of when they see the rebuy screen, they only have two options, the free Sidewinder or the basic replacement for their ship. All their engineering is gone as well as their D, C, B, and A modules, i.e. can not be purchased during the rebuy.

At least this will take the player out of the game a bit whilst they run around in Solo re-engineering their ship :D

Last edited:
With their reverb lasers, 1 ATR is as good as good as 100, at every level it just means you have to leave immediately. Maybe not if you're ganking someone and can get the kill with a few extra seconds, but if they're chasing you down on your own time then I don't see any functional difference between lvl 6 and lvl 10. No one is going to stick around to fight ATR, even if it's only one, and any number is easy to run away from.

Also, the fun thing about notoriety is that it encourages wing ganks. One person sitting in a system ganking people isn't going to be there very long before ATR starts being a PITA, and yet one ganker is ideal, because you can go back and challenge them and get a good fight out of it. With notoriety, people just wing up so they can distribute the kills and keep a low notoriety on each of them, which shuts down any idea you might have of getting a fun pvp encounter out of it, unless you can round up a full wing of your own.

I like it, but it doesn't go far enough as all the miscreant loses is credits and well we all know how easy credits come by.

What I would like to see is the added punishment of when they see the rebuy screen, they only have two options, the free Sidewinder or the basic replacement for their ship. All their engineering is gone as well as their D, C, B, and A modules, i.e. can not be purchased during the rebuy.

At least this will take the player out of the game a bit whilst they run around in Solo re-engineering their ship :D

Where's the popcorn eating emoticon when you need one!

I support this [edited]. But even without losing the engineering, imagine how much fun it would be to get pestered relentlessly by the ATR until dead. And if another player is around to join in, good times.

Last edited:

I've always found it strange that when you're wanted and then killed, that you still have full insurance cover. There should be some decrease in the discount in a system as bounties/notoriety increases. Can't imagine that insurance companies would become the most benevolent entities in the galaxy. Losing all the engineering would definitely be a bigger hit though, like that idea.

Notoriety above 5 should increasingly lose you the benefits of membership of the Pilots Federation. The first thing you should lose is the IFF function - the pilot's name and status, the ship's name and, most importantly, the "hollow" flags on the radar that identify other CMDRs. Without those the Hassle-hole gankers would find it hard to target other CMDRs.

Ridiculous. Why should any level of notoriety magically remove engineered modules from my ship?
If you guys spent as much time practising combat as you spend whining about C&P you would not need it or the ATR.

Maybe you should have read the proposal before ranting. You lose your engineering on rebuy, it is a punishment, lets say implemented by the Insurance Agency. Nothing magical about it, just a sound corporate decision by your insurance broker :D

I have no experience with the ATR since I clean notoriety as soon as it happens.

How do you clean notoriety?
I was under the impression you had to wait it out.

And concerning the op. Absolutely no. Way to harsh, and not fun for anyone.

How bout this idea:
Instead of harsher penalties, how bout no penalties :p.
You die from PvP you get your ship back, at no cost, except if you have a bounty on you.
If you have a bounty and is killed by a player, the bounty amount will be deducted from your account and given to the one that killed you.
Killing a clean player sets a 1 mill bounty on your head, per kill.

If you want a real punishment, sentence the perpetrators to hauling 1 tonne of biowaste to Beagle Point in a stock Hauler with a fuel scoop. It's still a Zorgon Peterson, after all.

Bah. Try this on for size:

Sir, you have been found guilty of being a complete jerk to other players. You will be given a red rectangle for 60 days. To lift this red stain on everyone's radar, you are commanded to bring 5,000 tons of fresh fruits and vegetables to Hutton Orbital.

In a stock sidewinder.

Ridiculous. Why should any level of notoriety magically remove engineered modules from my ship?
If you guys spent as much time practising combat as you spend whining about C&P you would not need it or the ATR.

This needs one thousand reps.

Seriously, do some PvP. It is actually a lot of fun and far more a challenge. No point in removing hundreds of hours of grind from folks, Good way to alienate the player base. Moreover, thats a "Noone should do anything outside my scope of play" proposal.

So it's a flat out no.

I would go harder on the punishment

Notoriety
1 , NPC kill gets you wanted for 2 hours mil fine ,cmdr kill gets you the same but when you pay the fine you win a trip to the penal colony in colonia.
2. NPC no accident 4 hours 10 mil, cmdr 24 hours 1 atr on your case 10 mil fine ship stripped to basic and colonia.
3 as above but double and you now get a sidey as your ship.
4,5,6,7,8,9,10 just double up on the fine and time you are wanted for each murder.

Last edited:
I'm strongly against removing modules for crimes against Cmdrs, they are part of the game, live with it.
And ATR must be boosted to have effect, iirc you can Fa off reverski and be faster then a Vulture, no use to send 5 after you if you can outrun them.
I also wouldn't differentiate between crimes against CMDRs and NPCs, but strongly between anarchy-low-medium-high security.

Top Bottom