Community Event / Creation LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
There's a problem with the latest episode on Itunes - the one labelled as 223 4th December is actually a duplicate of last week's show - I thought it sounded very familiar!

Just wanted to post a quick apology for the racket coming from my microphone (constant banging and shuffling noises in the background). I only have a crappy mic that clips onto my shirt collar and it seems to pick up everything on the room. I'll look into using push-to-talk in the future ... or maybe I should invest in a new headset? Not planning on doing much voice stuff in the future but can anyone recommend anything?

Just wanted to post a quick apology for the racket coming from my microphone (constant banging and shuffling noises in the background). I only have a crappy mic that clips onto my shirt collar and it seems to pick up everything on the room. I'll look into using push-to-talk in the future ... or maybe I should invest in a new headset? Not planning on doing much voice stuff in the future but can anyone recommend anything?

Are your feet doing anything when you play Elite? I don't know about headsets but investing in a footswitch might be an idea. The cheap ones I got from Amazon default to being a 'B' press on the keyboard

Jingle Bells, EidLeWise Smells, Phoenix_Dfire Ran away,
PsyKoKow blocked his ears because Shan had too much to Say....

Genius! Happy Christmas everyone and thanks for another year of fabulous entertainment while the dull commuter-world around me slides past. Already massively excited for Lavecon 2019 ... is that wrong? (I should be looking forward to Christmas first right?)

Last edited:
Could you do my a big favour and give a shout-out for the Drabble Contest?

Kow may no longer be doing the Drabble Show, but the thread continues. I think this could well be the third rollover week because we haven't had enough entrants yet. The current topic is "NOSTALGIA"

Could you do my a big favour and give a shout-out for the Drabble Contest?

Kow may no longer be doing the Drabble Show, but the thread continues. I think this could well be the third rollover week because we haven't had enough entrants yet. The current topic is "NOSTALGIA"

Sorry Frank I just saw this... I do have one question though... What's a drabble? :D

A Drabble is a short story of exactly 100 words (not including the title) loosely based on Elite

...you see. It's an involuntary reaction these days

I guess this week's show will be dominated by a certain trip. But could you please tell those listeners there's no better way to wile away those hours jumping through the stars than trying to think up a short story of exactly 100 words (not including the title).

We did a rollover and so the topic is still "NOSTALGIA".

I guess this week's show will be dominated by a certain trip. But could you please tell those listeners there's no better way to wile away those hours jumping through the stars than trying to think up a short story of exactly 100 words (not including the title).

We did a rollover and so the topic is still "NOSTALGIA".

That will forever be the topic

Lave Radio Episode 227: It's not all about Distant Worlds 2 is now available for download!!!

* Show Page and Notes: http://laveradio.com/lave-radio-episode-227/
* Podcast Feed: http://laveradio.com/feed/laveradio.xml
* Direct Download: http://www.laveradio.com/podcasts/Laveradio-ep227.mp3

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

Starts listening ... spends at least a minute thinking "where do I know that voice from?" ... omg it's Fozza!

Welcome back mate! Quite surprised you chaps didn't make more of a fuss about Fozza's very welcome return to Lave Radio (but then again I've only just started, perhaps you do later on).

P.S. re: the orange sidewinder ... I personally think it's a HUGE shame that the sidey has been replaced with an installation. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of installations around he bubble - the orange sidewinder was unique. Did FD have a good reason for replacing it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom