Community Event / Creation LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

Yup. Definitely a Safe Plate.

I think that was Shan just spitballing about Dev's flying the thargoids.

I was yes..

In some MMO's I played the Dev's controlled the opposing monsters to make it more fun and challenging. It was just for a single event though, not something that lasted a week.

Not entirely sure where you got the idea of dev's actively participating in the new CG's (e.g. "piloting Thargoid ships") but, fun tho' the speculation was, I GUARANTEE (at forfeit of a large dinner plate with some words on it) that this won't happen. FD even acknowledged that they can't manually afford the time to keep up with player submitted Galnet news ... there's absolutely zero chance that they can afford to have people in-game actively involved in running CGs (let alone issues re: time zones, different languages, instancing issues, etc). Sorry - just resetting expectation for listeners excited by this possibility.

Cue Adam or Dav or even worse one of the QA Team, deliberately taking control of a Thargoid one night and flying it over to Lave :D

Although being serious, I don't even know if FD's dev magic allows them to do that and you're right it's not something that could be maintained for more than a couple of hours (probably on a Saturday night with some beers!)

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Cue Adam or Dav or even worse one of the QA Team, deliberately taking control of a Thargoid one night and flying it over to Lave :D

Although being serious, I don't even know if FD's dev magic allows them to do that and you're right it's not something that could be maintained for more than a couple of hours (probably on a Saturday night with some beers!)

That I'd like to see. Drunk Thargoids over Lave :D

Pru_Aub_DL-P_e5-35_20190407-223132.png

Lave Radio Episode 239: Big ship... little ship cardboardbox

Wild (pre April update) discussion on what to do when there's nothing to do and @Alec Turner on his round the world trip!

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

Wish I'd had this to hand yesterday but, re: progress on the First Great Planetary Expedition, @SushiCW has just produced this fantastic graph showing where everyone is (the waypoints along the bottom are listed from the start on the left to the finish on the right).

Ynoqydx.png

Personally I managed to reach the top of Sulphur Peak this morning so I'm feeling on top of the world! 😁

Cayfvcw.png

Lave Radio Episode 240: The Strain for Spidermind is over is now available for download!!!

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

8.png
4a.png
9a.png
Listening now via a direct download but for some reason the iTunes podcast hasn't picked up the presence of episode 240. Did you do anything different with this one?

Lave Radio Episode 247: Fozza and the Foggy Forecasts is now available for download!!! http://laveradio.com/lave-radio-episode-247/ where we talk about the recent 'hacking protest' as well as Frontier's response and speculate on what we'll get in Elite, whilst we wait for the 2020 release.

Cmdr Eid LeWeise

Barnards-StarBarnards-Star-5-d_00001.png

We've since found out that the individual who was taking part in the protest at Jameson Memorial had actually been using those cheats for weeks and wasn't the first time he's been caught using them before.

We didn't have this information at the time of recording and we'll be bringing this up on next weeks show.

Top Bottom