Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.02

No fix for the low wake against players bug?

Clearly, you haven't been around long enough to recognize a new "feature" when you see one.

This "feature" conveniently coincides with the Distant Worlds 2 event.

As you can see, there was no further FDEV input on the PC bug report after it was acknowledged as an issue and elevated.

I won't speculate on why that post was locked. But sometimes when FDEV gets tight lipped about something, they're just up to their old predictable games.

It's OK with us though.

We adapt and overcome.

As always.

ZO

Well that's disappointing. The BGS is broken beyond belief and all we get in the patch notes are "balance changes".

Considering where we're now coming from (BGS mostly non-functional on the Influence side of things) : what Balancing changes?

Details please. Precise ones, otherwise it's impossible to verify anything.
We've had a full month of pure Trial & Error that resulted in nothing, causing alot of havoc.

Enough of that. Sure not feeling the urge of wasting hundreds of more hours into unknown or no outcome, sorry guys.
No Details = no work or testing. Been a non-volunteer Alpha Tester long enough, thanks.

+1 to this.

AFTER the patch and BEFORE the tick we dropped 10M exp data in our station... 2% influence drop. The BGS is still A LOT broken, despite "balancing". What balancing? We need a FIX.

Deleted member 38366

D
+1 to this.

AFTER the patch and BEFORE the tick we dropped 10M exp data in our station... 2% influence drop. The BGS is still A LOT broken, despite "balancing". What balancing? We need a FIX.

Lol exactly the same I did : some 160M Cr (>450 Systems) Exploration Data sold to a Faction that was free to move and almost had zero traffic. Today they as well lost 2.0%. Ridiculous.

Hence we really need precise Details now, no room for "we did something to the BGS but we won't tell you what" anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked mine and it's 754mb
Then it seems to be a bug or so. Played it yesterday evening and it's 20.4 for me.

DSC1511.jpg

Considering where we're now coming from (BGS mostly non-functional on the Influence side of things) : what Balancing changes?

Details please. Precise ones, otherwise it's impossible to verify anything.
We've had a full month of pure Trial & Error that resulted in nothing, causing alot of havoc.

Enough of that. Sure not feeling the urge of wasting hundreds of more hours into unknown or no outcome, sorry guys.
No Details = no work or testing. Been a non-volunteer Alpha Tester long enough, thanks.

You just recognized, that BGS is moving directly from bad 2 worse from February 2018? ;) :D They cannot write real mission influence during ~1year, please, see here, if needed. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...o-be-done-with-log-file?p=7332873#post7332873
I think, that these missions with +++++ influence are simply non-existing, if the influence cannot be written in log during a year. And this new joint "mission server" is just a common fault point, often writing "Failed to to connect to comms sever" w\o any heavy load, and stopping work with DW2 startup. Previous servers were working with Salomea event (maybe, with loud creaking, but functional). How I see the history:

Previous severs required sync, while launching event on all of them (Salomea) or counting results of long CG (the 1st Colonia CG was counted ~24 hours)
unknown effective manager decided to join servers. Many othes with me wrote about one fault point - no mind
Now we have what we have - usual "Failed to to connect to comms sever", faults with events 4 many participating, empty missions list w\o reload, unknown BGS, no events in USSes, etc. It seems 2 me, that often mentioned hangs diring 10-20 seconds are caused just by sync between client, gone ahead, and server, failed 2 receive the data. "Mice were crying and pricking, but continued to eat cactus"....

Last edited:
Just flew to Havans to visit my new home “Anita’s Legacy” only to find it is still “Mason Enterprise” on the galaxy map, system map, when you target the station and written on the station! The only place to even mention “Anita’s Legacy” is on the menu screen inside the station.

I know it was a charity auction but still...

:(

Hate to be the guy to break it to you chief, BGS issues aren't game breaking. You can still sell goods(trade), engage in combat(fight), and explore. They are balancing the BGS, they are working on it.
Sorry, Ace, but you're wrong. The BGS is the game, pal. The BGS is the reason our entire experience is held hostage to an always-online DRM based system, buddy. The BGS is the reason we can't have mods, champ. The BGS is the reason we have mission timers which tick down in REAL TIME, big guy. The BGS is the excuse and justification for every hamstrung feature and every limitation of player agency and flexibility, tiger. The BGS is the big selling point of the online experience and the only reason it gets called an MMO, sport. If the BGS is broken, the whole game is broken, skippy. It's like if all the houses and hotels were missing from a Monopoly set, partner.

Top Bottom