Announcing FleetComm, the exploration-focused Private (pc) Group.

Just a quick status update: The Fleetcomm private group has stopped taking new members yesterday. We're going to open it back up soon, but for the time being we're recommending people join an alternate private group if they haven't already joined Fleetcomm.

I'll update this post when we start taking new applications. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Gankers getting in was inevitable.

As I understand the policy, Fleetcomm is primarily inclusive. All members are accepted as long as they agree to the rules and don't have a history of PG infiltration.
Plenty of infamous PvP'ers are Fleetcomm members. It is assumed that FC members will abide by the rules while they are playing in the PG, and they do 99.99% of the time.
What they do outside the PG is not considered. Members are removed from the group, only if they violate the rules. So ya gotta let them in and give them a chance.

To be clear, I agree with this policy. It's just a risk you have to take.

We should assume there are other would-be gankers still in the group waiting to cause their mischief during the community goal and perhaps even later at BP.
But there's nothing that can be done about it until or unless they violate any rules. Just keep your wits about you. Exploration is a risky business.

I registered successfully and on the roster, but did not allow me to enter a private group. Can you invite me to join the group?
-----CMDR ETO-shezhang

I registered successfully and on the roster, but did not allow me to enter a private group. Can you invite me to join the group?
-----CMDR ETO-shezhang
The DW2 roster and Fleetcomm private group are not the same thing.
Fleetcomm access requires a separate application form and is not related to the Distant Worlds roster at all.

Fleetcomm signup form is here, but new signups are halted for the time being. See the post above.

Last edited:
Waiting for the server issues to be resolved?
I'm pretty sure that Fleetcomm signups being halted has more to do with the infiltration of gankers into the group.
Admins are still trying to sort things out but there has been an organized effort to infiltrate the group and cause mayhem.
This is all rumor and hearsay though. I don't know anything official.

Last edited:
I was accepted two days ago and FleetComm is where I'm flying now. Someone posted this (probably in this thread, I only saved the text for personal use):

1. Search for cmdr FleetComm
2. Click the cmdr name
3. in the popup menu select "+ ADD FRIEND" (FleetComm will appear in "Friends" list until the request is declined)
4. go to "Friends" tab
5. Select cmdr FleetComm
6. In the popup menu select the join request to PG

It worked like a charm.

EDIT: Just a page back, Avengerus' post.

Could OP include this workaround into the first post or something?

Last edited:
A little status update: It's not infiltration, it's just Distant Worlds 2.

I do pretty much all the application processing for FleetComm, which ordinarily isn't too much for one person. However, Distant Worlds 2 more than doubled the size of the private group (from 3300 commanders last November to 7300), with the majority of those in January alone. The launch weekend of Distant Worlds 2, I spent something like 22 hours processing applications and, frankly, burned through my stamina. I came down with something nasty Sunday night and spent the night in a fever watching The Haunting of Hill House. I don't know why I like watching horror when I'm sick, because it really makes the whole experience more horrible :D

I've been slowly working through the enormous backlog of applications since then, but the progress is slow. Once those are done, then I'll put some thought into opening up the PG for new applications. I was hoping to be able to do that by this weekend, but I find myself unable to keep up the pace of processing them. The other FleetComm administrators are similarly overworked with other aspects of the expedition, so I don't really want to toss this on their plates right now.

I'm not offering this as an excuse, but I did want to give an explanation. While we're catching up with things, the kind people at Mobius have graciously agreed to take the DW2 overflow for now.

tl;dr: Backlogged; Working on it; Be open soon.

Last edited:
Hello, relatively new player here. I knew about fleetcomm from the get-go but not the whole application process until now... I know applications are closed but is there any chance they'll be open again any time soon? this is my first time far out from the bubble and I'd really like to play as part of the community rather than solo for the whole expedition. Thank you for your time.

Hello, relatively new player here. I knew about fleetcomm from the get-go but not the whole application process until now... I know applications are closed but is there any chance they'll be open again any time soon? this is my first time far out from the bubble and I'd really like to play as part of the community rather than solo for the whole expedition. Thank you for your time.

I'm in the same boat (ship?). I'm relatively new and heard of the risks of Open mode as DW2 started, so applied to the Private Group. Then I heard it has temporarily stopped taking people on. It was mentioned earlier about the Mobius group who are taking on the overflow for DW2, so you might want to try those. I've applied and am awaiting acceptance in-game:

https://elitepve.com/page/join

Hope that helps. See you in the black!

Last edited:
Howdy Chap(ette)s, applied as a latecomer recently after being given a very slight nudge from friends already participating, and wondered whether the official PG would grant entrance to latecomers after they have been amalgamated into the roster further down the line, such that I may be able to have the full experience further into the trip. Cheers!

Top Bottom