Announcing FleetComm, the exploration-focused Private (pc) Group.

Yes there's both but people mostly use text channels unless theres some event going on. Fleetcomm Discord is the home for many explorers and theres always some chatting going on. :)

Ok, I spotted what appeared to be some Discord voice channels last night while browsing on my ipad. Will check my PC Discord settings for PTT, but then is it just a matter of selecting the channel and conversing, or is there some further joining procedure? Some of the channels seemed to have lock symbols.

Ok, I spotted what appeared to be some Discord voice channels last night while browsing on my ipad. Will check my PC Discord settings for PTT, but then is it just a matter of selecting the channel and conversing, or is there some further joining procedure? Some of the channels seemed to have lock symbols.

The general voice chat area/channel is where you want to go and they're open.

Now that 3.3 is live, would it be a good idea to make a Fleetcom squadron too? I really want to join a large exploration focused squadron but there doesn't seem to be one yet...

Now that 3.3 is live, would it be a good idea to make a Fleetcom squadron too? I really want to join a large exploration focused squadron but there doesn't seem to be one yet...
I think there is a limit to the number of players in a squadron and the Fleetcomm group is already way over that limit.
Though I would be interested as well, I think it will need to be broken up into several FleetComm affiliated squadrons.

I think there is a limit to the number of players in a squadron and the Fleetcomm group is already way over that limit.
Though I would be interested as well, I think it will need to be broken up into several FleetComm affiliated squadrons.

Well I doubt everyone in the Fleetcom private group will want to join a theoretical Fleetcom Squadron, as I'm sure many people will be in other squadrons anyway. I'd just like to see one very large exploration focused Squadron emerge which can dominate the exploration leaderboards every season! Plus the in game squad chat would be nice to have for company out in the black.

With the DW2 expedition fast approaching, there will no doubt be a lot of new applications to FleetComm.

A word about Rule 3
RULE 3:
Restrict speed and stow hardpoints while within 2 kilometres (including altitude) of any published waypoint, landing zone, base camp, or any gathering of 4 or more ships.

In my experience, Rule 3 is the most frequently broken rule because people at meetups like to show off and do stupid things they wouldn't normally do. 99% of the time it's fine and nobody gets hurt apart from losing an SRV or a few points off someone's hull. But many players only have one SRV, and a lost ship can mean many hours of play time lost.

Apart from just "accidents happen", a lot of players may not have been on a large expedition before and may not have experience with "instancing issues"
Instancing problems can often make ships or SRVs invisible to other players. You may not be visible to other ships around you or there may be a ship in front of you that you can't see.
This often happens at meetups when there are a lot of ships in the instance but can happen any time, and collisions are still possible even when you're invisible.

I have witnessed a ship attempt to land on top of another ship because the pilot could not see any ship beneath him. I have witnessed an SRV crash through a group of other SRVs because the pilot did not see anything in front of him. I have personally been speaking with another commander on discord who was right in front of me and he could see my ship but I could not see him.

So before you decide to come into an LZ "Hot", or do a showoff high speed flyby to release chaff, keep in mind that you could be flying right into another ship you can't see.
Before you decide to fire those remote release flack cannons into the air to celebrate with fireworks, remember, just because you don't see anything, doesn't mean there isn't a ship there.

Thanks

Last edited:
There's a bug in 3.3 that's preventing searching for private groups. This puts the kibosh on applying to FleetComm until Frontier releases a fix for it. I'll announce in this thread and on the FleetComm discord when it's been fixed and people can apply to FleetComm again.

Until then... Scan, me hearties! Scan!

There's a bug in 3.3 that's preventing searching for private groups. This puts the kibosh on applying to FleetComm until Frontier releases a fix for it. I'll announce in this thread and on the FleetComm discord when it's been fixed and people can apply to FleetComm again.

Until then... Scan, me hearties! Scan!

The first time I tried, I was able to search FleetComm in the Private Groups in-game. I applied, but after that I'm now unable to do a search (the search text field never becomes active). Just in case it didn't go through, the CMDR name for my DW2 account is "PN3ll3s3n". I did apply online as well (I'm already in the FleetComm Discord).

I submitted the form thinking that I would be able to easily request a join in game. I was wrong as PG searching is bugged atm. That said, I am in FleetComm discord, have filled out my application here. I'm just waiting for the ability to request to join the pg in game. If you are able to send an invite, that would work as well.

Greetings, commanders. Will be putting in request for FleetComm PG this evening on PC, have submitted the application just now.

o7 Commanders. Looking forward to meeting many of you.

G'day, Appreciate what your doing.
I posted my application to fleetcom, private group on PC several days ago, but when I checked by logging into Elite/ Friends/Private/Fleetcomm today I was not on the fleetcom list.
Cmdr D48 2K4-DW- Explorer
Roster 4249.
Pleaser advise me that I will make this group as I have no understanding of the discord server.
Thankyou.

With the DW2 expedition fast approaching, there will no doubt be a lot of new applications to FleetComm.

A word about Rule 3
RULE 3:
Restrict speed and stow hardpoints while within 2 kilometres (including altitude) of any published waypoint, landing zone, base camp, or any gathering of 4 or more ships.

In my experience, Rule 3 is the most frequently broken rule because people at meetups like to show off and do stupid things they wouldn't normally do. 99% of the time it's fine and nobody gets hurt apart from losing an SRV or a few points off someone's hull. But many players only have one SRV, and a lost ship can mean many hours of play time lost.

Apart from just "accidents happen", a lot of players may not have been on a large expedition before and may not have experience with "instancing issues"
Instancing problems can often make ships or SRVs invisible to other players. You may not be visible to other ships around you or there may be a ship in front of you that you can't see.
This often happens at meetups when there are a lot of ships in the instance but can happen any time, and collisions are still possible even when you're invisible.

I have witnessed a ship attempt to land on top of another ship because the pilot could not see any ship beneath him. I have witnessed an SRV crash through a group of other SRVs because the pilot did not see anything in front of him. I have personally been speaking with another commander on discord who was right in front of me and he could see my ship but I could not see him.

So before you decide to come into an LZ "Hot", or do a showoff high speed flyby to release chaff, keep in mind that you could be flying right into another ship you can't see.
Before you decide to fire those remote release flack cannons into the air to celebrate with fireworks, remember, just because you don't see anything, doesn't mean there isn't a ship there.

Thanks

So I was sitting at my SRV and going hmmmmm...

ud7AHJD.png

...and thinking when it says this it does this...

9CrSokp.png

...and that so too is a still of a single shot because them bugga's is fast; try yourself, was full auto

...but when it does this...

Vzzgrlx.png

...then the pow pow things don't pow pow and we really should tell everyone to do that within 2 Kilometers as a precaution too...​

...because it sure stops me wasting sprays of SRV fire with accidental trigger pulls and would lessen friendly fire incidents significantly.

I shall rename it and call it the safety catch.

I'll be famous.

Quick, someone ask for a scanner to detect the different states on other ships. Maybe add blue triangles to the radar?

...then the pow pow things don't pow pow and we really should tell everyone to do that within 2 Kilometers as a precaution too...
...because it sure stops me wasting sprays of SRV fire with accidental trigger pulls and would lessen friendly fire incidents significantly. ...
I just power off the repeater and the wave scanner when I'm at a meetup. I power off the repeater for safety and the wave scanner because the noise is annoying if you aren't searching for minerals.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone, just signed up for the DW2 event, also tried to add in game but not sure if it did take, it just found a Cmdr, not sure if it's because of the bug mentioned above, or if that's the way to actually apply for a group, if not, I think I just sent a friend request to a CMDR Fleetcomm ;)

Looking forward to this in advance, absolutely inexperienced in expeditions but reading about the instancing issues and everything. Thanks in advance for all the effort set towards this event, awesome meeting you through this forum, it definitely feels like a great experience already just by joining ;)

- CMDR name: kmetko

Top Bottom