Dinosaur breeding

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's the easiest way to do it because they dont want to add it.. If you want a little more to it they could add the dino's sex to their info. If you stay on top of it by cycling through your species you could spot one that has become a male. Then a character breaks in and could be like "ugh... Did you notice something odd there? When did the dinosaurs switch from skirts to pants? Is that dinosaur a male now?" Dr wu breaks in frustrated " i thought we had fixed this issue? Lets sell this male before our population gets out of control. Not to mention i could do without dr malcolm hearing about this and going into another one of his chaos theory tirades."

Then you have a way to spot males and prevent it. If you dont you end up with more dinos. It's an easy way to add breeding without having to create babies and nests. They could even add dialog about not seeing nests and concluding they must be hiding them in the forested areas of the paddocks which is why we havent seen them. The dinos keep the adolescents in seclusion to protect their young. Then they can add in "clever girls"
Oh no, have to have the nests have to be well done, if it is to make breeding has to be done right without laziness

Well, let's break down why people want breeding in the game.

- Enjoyment: Baby dinosaurs are damned cute.
- Aesthetics: Herds look more varied in size and shape, therefore more interesting.
- Immersion: Having a living ecosystem is more engaging and real.
- Convenience: Self-maintaining populations in the face of aging, animal combat and predators.
- Gameplay: Adds slightly more challenge to the population mechanic.

Your suggestion only really adresses the last two points. No cute babies, no improved aesthetics to your park, and having dinosaurs randomly pop out is not immersive at all. Furthermore, if you were to just adress those two points there would be a better way and more immersive way to do it, such as an automation upgrade for hatcheries.

I don't think it's the silliest suggestion of all time, but it's not a very good solution.

I'm still hoping for juvenile dinosaurs at some point. I do believe this may have been planned at some point, because of certain voice lines:

This quote makes NO sense in this game, as next week your Triceratops is going to look exactly the same. As such, I hope it's going to be included somewhere in the years of support this product will be getting.
Yes, there are several areas in the game that need improvement, but I believe that breeding would be a great addition as it would give greater immersion to the game

they're hard pressed to give us more dino animations for models they already have. They're not gonna make juvenile models for over 50 species. We all would like juveniles and nests but we arent going to get that. But my suggestion is doable if they wanted to do that without tons of new character models.
No, it is not necessary to make juvenile models for all, because the hybrids will not do breeding because hybrids are sterile, so the juveniles could be added only to the normal species

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
We have no plans to introduce breeding to Jurassic World Evolution. To add such a feature would be an incredible amount of work. The models and animation alone would be a vast undertaking and that's not taking into consideration any of the additional coding, mechanics and gameplay changes that would be required. This is not a feature we have any plans to bring to Jurassic World Evolution.

We have no plans to introduce breeding to Jurassic World Evolution. To add such a feature would be an incredible amount of work. The models and animation alone would be a vast undertaking and that's not taking into consideration any of the additional coding, mechanics and gameplay changes that would be required. This is not a feature we have any plans to bring to Jurassic World Evolution.
There will be no breeding, but as the friend said up there, breeding could be done without juvenile models, but could add male dinosaurs and the reproduction would occur without animations of puppies, but add only the cubs and after a certain time they Could grow instantly since there will be no juvenile models. Besides, it gives work but it could be a paid DLC, me and many others would pay and compensate their efforts.

If you have added sleeping animations to all dinosaurs, they may well make animations for the Cubs, let me explain

1-It is not necessary to add juveniles, the Cubs can get adults instantly after a while

2-The nests could be just decorative, to say that there was breeding

3-Add male dinosaurs do not need new models, only behavior of liking females and being territorial

4-No need to add mating animation, dinosaurs would relate just like in Zoo Tycoon

If only we could get them to dedicate a team to work for a full year or more to add all of these different things. Instead of universal contracting out 20 new app games for phones and crap like that for the new movie....just put all of their money behind taking this game and building upon it for over a year and then make us pay another 60 for a gigantic full game sized update. It would be like getting a sequel without getting an entirely new game.

If only we could get them to dedicate a team to work for a full year or more to add all of these different things. Instead of universal contracting out 20 new app games for phones and crap like that for the new movie....just put all of their money behind taking this game and building upon it for over a year and then make us pay another 60 for a gigantic full game sized update. It would be like getting a sequel without getting an entirely new game.
I agree 100% with you

It's the easiest way to do it because they dont want to add it.. If you want a little more to it they could add the dino's sex to their info. If you stay on top of it by cycling through your species you could spot one that has become a male. Then a character breaks in and could be like "ugh... Did you notice something odd there? When did the dinosaurs switch from skirts to pants? Is that dinosaur a male now?" Dr wu breaks in frustrated " i thought we had fixed this issue? Lets sell this male before our population gets out of control. Not to mention i could do without dr malcolm hearing about this and going into another one of his chaos theory tirades."

Then you have a way to spot males and prevent it. If you dont you end up with more dinos. It's an easy way to add breeding without having to create babies and nests. They could even add dialog about not seeing nests and concluding they must be hiding them in the forested areas of the paddocks which is why we havent seen them. The dinos keep the adolescents in seclusion to protect their young. Then they can add in "clever girls"

Or, you know, males get a chromosone gene and tadaa, now you can make males?

I was just about to reply the same thing mate. :D

Seems even more stupid, to have breeding without baby dinosaurs...
I believe that my suggestion is better, with puppies, to create models only for the normal species, because hybrids are sterile, but there is no need for juvenile models

I believe that my suggestion is better, with puppies, to create models only for the normal species, because hybrids are sterile, but there is no need for juvenile models

So the babies will go straight from newborn to adult in 1 second? Not sure how that's any better... But this whole thread is pointless. They won't be in the game.

Also, why must the hybrids be sterile? That’s both unnecessarily restrictive and inconsistent from the franchise.

Fallen Kingdom’s Indoraptor was essentially created to breed with a Velociraptor, in order to make the next generation of Indoraptor a more viable product by being more obedient etc. Wouldn’t it be fascinating to see if the result of Dr. Wu’s and Eli Mills' plan would have worked?

Jurassic World's Indominus rex was known to have cannibalised its sibling at a young age, would it not be fascinating how the young Indominus fight with each other and see a potential repeat of that incident. Also what were to happen if players intervened the fight by saving the weaker of he two Indominus, would that particular hybrid be comparatively easier to contain in its paddock?

There are many other potential cool opportunities with breeding hybrids, but I digress. It also seems rather pointless to list them considering how there are no plans to add breeding whatsoever.

So the babies will go straight from newborn to adult in 1 second? Not sure how that's any better... But this whole thread is pointless. They won't be in the game.
I know, but do you have any better ideas? The game does not need to be 100% realistic. My friend I know you do not like breeding but there are people who want and have how to do, only as I said, do not need to be 100% realistic, even because the current animations need also improvements

I know, but do you have any better ideas? The game does not need to be 100% realistic. My friend I know you do not like breeding but there are people who want and have how to do, only as I said, do not need to be 100% realistic, even because the current animations need also improvements

I would love for breeding to be a part of the game. If it was possible and made right... But I just can’t see it happening. And the devs also said no.

I do like the idea of having baby dinosaurs in the park, I think (if it was ever possible ) that having baby dinosaurs would have a temporary boost to the guest count. And if you've got the dinosaur lifespan on unlimted could build a lil "nursery" exhibit somewhat like the petting zoo in the film.....Just some thoughts :)

I would love for breeding to be a part of the game. If it was possible and made right... But I just can’t see it happening. And the devs also said no.

Maybe someday they'll change their minds? But for now would be great a DLC of new constructions and new dinosaurs 😉

Paul Crowther, please consider my suggestion. There is how to make dinosaur breeding in the game easily and without spending too many resources, have you seen my four suggestions? The game will be fine so please at least consider

Paul Crowther, please consider my suggestion. There is how to make dinosaur breeding in the game easily and without spending too many resources, have you seen my four suggestions? The game will be fine so please at least consider

Dude, Paul's already responded to this thread; and he provided a very thorough explanation that they have no plans to ever add breeding into JWE.

Honestly, it’s for the better and much more likely if we instead ask for skins based on the male dinosaurs such as the Buck Tyrannosaurus and Tiger-striped Velociraptor.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom