Dinosaur breeding

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dude, Paul's already responded to this thread; and he provided a very thorough explanation that they have no plans to ever add breeding into JWE.

Honestly, it’s for the better and much more likely if we instead ask for skins based on the male dinosaurs such as the Buck Tyrannosaurus and Tiger-striped Velociraptor.

True indeed.

Especially when there's no feasible way to incorporate breeding, in a respectable manner.

I think the game already has something that can be used for natural breeding. The forests could have the same functionality as the hatchery, you cannot go in with a jeep and this way not even the babies and young dino models would be necessary as one would not see them until adults (it could even have that egg symbol the hatchery has when you are breeding a dinosaur). The only difference with the Hatchery would be that you cannot control when the Dino is bred and released. It could be a new building with high grass and trees depending on the nest too. I think most people would want a mating and natural breeding system for Site B simulations, and that solves it with very little work for the devs. It would be a plus to have different ages for the dinos, but not a requisite at all, imo!

Last edited:
I think the game already has something that can be used for natural breeding. The forests could have the same functionality as the hatchery, you cannot go in with a jeep and this way not even the babies and young dino models would be necessary as one would not see them until adults (it could even have that egg symbol the hatchery has when you are breeding a dinosaur). The only difference with the Hatchery would be that you cannot control when the Dino is bred and released. It could be a new building with high grass and trees depending on the nest too. I think most people would want a mating and natural breeding system for Site B simulations, and that solves it with very little work for the devs. It would be a plus to have different ages for the dinos, but not a requisite at all, imo!

Don't see the point in this at all... All you get is overcrowded enclosures. And the whole point of Jurassic Park was to have the animals not breed. If you're 5 starring a park, you must have that under control. It could be an option for sandbox, but I would still find it weird to implement, without it being properly done.

We have no plans to introduce breeding to Jurassic World Evolution. To add such a feature would be an incredible amount of work. The models and animation alone would be a vast undertaking and that's not taking into consideration any of the additional coding, mechanics and gameplay changes that would be required. This is not a feature we have any plans to bring to Jurassic World Evolution.

Please stop joking, independent games with an absolutely derisory budget in comparison with Frontier have added breeding and growth with ontogeny. I'm talking about Prehistoric Kingdom, The Isle and Saurian. From the moment when very small development teams with a very small budget can do it, Frontier can do it too! There is no excuse.

Please stop joking, independent games with an absolutely derisory budget in comparison with Frontier have added breeding and growth with ontogeny. I'm talking about Prehistoric Kingdom, The Isle and Saurian. From the moment when very small development teams with a very small budget can do it, Frontier can do it too! There is no excuse.

So totally true there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom