General Gameplay Nature Decorations

P.S (Trees Mechanic)
There also needs to be a mechanic where we can decide the density of which type of trees we have, from High-density, medium-density, low-density...

yes very interesting feature... and to put also single trees , and maybe have an option to chose if put only trees or trees and bushes ( now when you put trees on high density it also put bushes)

yes very interesting feature... and to put also single trees , and maybe have an option to chose if put only trees or trees and bushes ( now when you put trees on high density it also put bushes)
Also allow us too place palm trees only.

I think one major factor we're overlooking is interaction. The trees in the game, for all their beauty, are nonexistent. The animals pass through them indifferently. I would love to have some decorations the dinosaurs can interact with or in the very least acknowledge.

Another type of decoration I would love for my exhibits to have are various bones and skeleton parts: a sauropod rib cage, different skulls, maybe spines? Like the rocks, boulders and tree logs, these would have to be solid objects the dinosaurs can't clip through.

I have posted many times on this thread and I have learned that there are a lot of good ideas within this major idea of nature decorations. Having said this I would like to say this is what I seem to be seeing that we want, and Frontier I hope you can truly accommodate in as I have stated "VAST Amounts":

-Increased Tree Variety: Various amounts of Tropical Rain Forest Trees, Non-topical Rain Forest Trees, Swamp Trees, Desert Trees, Mountainous Trees, Coastal Trees, Great Plain Trees, etc.
-Ability to increase and decrease tree density
-Smaller and larger brush sizes for the placement of trees, water, shrubs and other things possibly added.
-Increased Brush Variety: Tropical Rain Forest, Non-Tropical Rain Forest, Swamp, Coastal, Mud, Rocky, Desert, Tall Grass etc.
-Increased Shrub Variety: Various amounts of Tropical Rain Forest Shrubs, Non-topical Rain Forest Shrubs, Swamp Shrubs, Desert Shrubs, Mountainous Shrubs, Coastal Shrubs, Great Plain Shrubs, etc.
-Interactive decorations (each being able to have separate classes within themselves of small, medium, large): Dead logs, Fallen trees, Rocks, Bones of dead dinosaurs, etc.
-Option to place only trees (option not within game yet) and option for trees with shrubs (only current option within game)
-Possible tool to increase and decrease water level (though again this is not as important as all the other ideas)
-Small possible ambient life in water and trees (ex. crocodiles, small fish, birds etc.)
-Tool to make meadows of flowers (various kinds of different meadows)
-Water Decorations (Water Lilies, Yellow Water Lilies, Victoria Amazonica, Milkweed Swamp, Snowy Milkweed, Butterfly Milkweed,Southern CatTail, Narrowleaf CatTail, Typha Minima, Duckweed,Common Duckweed, etc. (Credit to Jurassic Tryant King))

Note that this list is possibly not exhaustive of all the things within the major idea of Nature Decorations. I believe these are all very good things we need, the most important of which are the following: 1)Increased Tree Variety, 2) Increased Shrub Variety, 3) Increased Brush Variety, and 4) Small and larger brush sizes. Also note I believe this list despite not being exhaustive should also set both a precedent and list of ideas of what to do with Nature Decorations for a possible future Jurassic World Evolution 2 which could take these ideas and expand and go more in depth. But for right now this is what we need to the current game and we ask for them in "VAST amounts", as many as possible. Frontier we all have faith in you and your continued work and support for the current game. Thank you for all that you have done so far and we look forward to what you will add. PLEASE add these Nature Decoration tools we ask of you especially the important ones I have listed, from 1-4.

Sincerely,
IndominusSun

I think one major factor we're overlooking is interaction. The trees in the game, for all their beauty, are nonexistent. The animals pass through them indifferently. I would love to have some decorations the dinosaurs can interact with or in the very least acknowledge.

Another type of decoration I would love for my exhibits to have are various bones and skeleton parts: a sauropod rib cage, different skulls, maybe spines? Like the rocks, boulders and tree logs, these would have to be solid objects the dinosaurs can't clip through.
Yeah I'd love to see my sauropods actually eat from trees and not just phase through them.

And, yet, the Ranger Jeeps cannot. Which is kind of annoying. Perhaps allow them to pass through, but it slows them down like the water?

I would much rather have clipping-free trees. I feel like any clipping in the game ruins the immersion, whether it's dinosaurs phasing through each other or guests passing through closed doors. Maybe the small animals should be able to do it, but a sauropod squeezing through the thicket? Not very believable. It's a shame too. I feel like the devs were forced to cut a lot of corners to meet the film's release date. I do hope they finish polishing it, cause the game is truly a diamond in the rough.

I would much rather have clipping-free trees. I feel like any clipping in the game ruins the immersion, whether it's dinosaurs phasing through each other or guests passing through closed doors. Maybe the small animals should be able to do it, but a sauropod squeezing through the thicket? Not very believable. It's a shame too. I feel like the devs were forced to cut a lot of corners to meet the film's release date. I do hope they finish polishing it, cause the game is truly a diamond in the rough.

yes agreed with you, we hope they will fix it...

ok I belive that better terrains tools and parks decorations are the most requested feature wanted by the community. We hope that Frontier are doing something in this directions :)

I like the game, but I'd like to have more opportunities to design my park. For example, stones in different sizes or plants. I hope that something like that is added in an update. :)

Frontier, I love what y’all have done with game so far and I hope for continuous modifications to improve this game this year.

As a whole I believe the community requests a terrain tool and decoration pack. I agree would improve game on a whole other level.

I’m always down for more dinos, keep them coming but will definitely need more space for them, Secrets of Wuu expansion paved the way for opportunities to make more new areas unlocked on islands. Sorna could probably use 2 to 3 more areas in future dlc. Worker village area in one and Ingen lab area in another. Tacsano is big enough for another and Matenceros could have a northern expansion, could work deal out with government to expand...

Also I would love to see sandbox style options after 5 staring each island.

Thanks,

Drew

Hey Indo. So i agree that variation is really nice, although i can also see this looking quite odd in such a localized, fairly small environment.

For one, I feel like much of this would only really work if we got some substantially bigger maps to work with, especially in the case of your mountain idea.

I can also currently create very swampy looking exhibits by making the whole thing filled with mostly water and placing trees and shrubs gratutiously, so i dont know if that's all that necessary, but it's worth a think i suppose.

Deeper water i would enjoy seeing, especially for Spinosaurids if they were able to swim in it. This may also be a way to tie in with Marine Reptiles as i've metnioned elsewhere.

While i do understand where you're coming on those ideas, I'm personally not convinced we need the entire range of what you suggest, but perhaps some of it.

A sand tool and/or rocky soil for one would be nice.

the other things you mentioned such as trees and shrubs depend on these "biome" specific sets which you suggest and i think they may be a bit of a pain to program, as well as looking, as i mentioned, fairly out of place, potentially, but i can't be sure.

What i do think will be a problem is if the devs decide to add Paleo Flora for dinos to eat from instead of feeders, that might make your suggestion of biome specific flora an even greater problem to deal with. You would need twice the flora variety for much of what you suggest.

You are crazy? I can not stand the same vegetation as ever in the game!

The game needs as many different vegetations as they can create!

I'm also chiming in to say that I would definitey like to see more options. Of course these feature requests are by no means a deal breaker (to me at least).

A new patch is going to be released with that dinosaur skin contest. It would be great to see just one thing added from the aformentioned list (even if its a bigger/smaller radius tool as a tease).��

Usually people don't like a lack of reply from a company. If Frontier wasn't interested in adding any of these ideas, I'd like to think they'd say something along the lines of:

"Sorry, but we're not interested in adding more lanscaping tools to the game."

Or a simple:

"It's not a priority, but we'll look into it. "

I'm hoping the lack of a response from Frontier will eventually bring us a nice surprise (especially since they're pretty good at answering replies).��

I'm hoping the lack of a response from Frontier will eventually bring us a nice surprise (especially since they're pretty good at answering replies).��

Exactly. They've been pretty vocal about not planning any marine or avian DLC for example, but quite silent about a expanded decoration tool. I'd be very surprised if they didn't include this in the next updates. Can't think of any reasons not to.

Making my first post on these forums to add my +1 to the thread suggestion.

Definitely would like to see a lot more creative freedom with landscaping and customization. The more depth, the better.

I would love for this to be an update, like basic decorations. And then we get more advanced ones in dlc's I am cool with that, I would buy those extra dlcs.

Hi, Frontier. Evolution is great at the moment, but how about more habitat. My favourite idea is Redwood trees. You could follow dinos inside (which you can't do at the moment) and it would also allow tree-living dinos to live there (microraptor, epidexipteryx etc.) and escape predation. Thanks for making such a great game!

Top Bottom