Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.03

Still nothing for me. Very disheartening, as I've been wanting to search for Thargoid sites and, as far as I know, the DSS is the only way to find them without the assistance of the wiki/internet. I guess I could always practice my combat technique until then.

Plus, I see that the thread for the COVAS "System Scan Complete" spam has been deleted from the "PC Bug Reports" forum, so hopefully that means they're about to, or already have, roll out a patch. I wish I knew if it was going to be client update or a server update.

Last edited:
No missing or faulty squadron chat here. I have mine in a separate tab and it's working fine. What are you seeing?

I should clarify I am referring to the Xbox version. Squadron chat simply no longer exists. I had mine tabbed as well but if you go into the comms tab to look at those settings, there isn't even an option for squadron chat anymore. And /s doesn't work either.

A small piece of repeated audio is perhaps funny... maybe even mildly annoying... but it wouldn't make me stop playing the game.

Everyone's tolerance threshold is different I suppose. :rolleyes:

I figured that until the "scan complete" bug is fixed I would work on my combat technique. I was looking forward to going hunting for meta-alloys so I can get started on the Engineer stuff, but I guess combat and trade will have to do for now.

A small piece of repeated audio is perhaps funny... maybe even mildly annoying... but it wouldn't make me stop playing the game.

Everyone's tolerance threshold is different I suppose. :rolleyes:

It's not just the audio, you have constant text mesages about what you have scanned last week.

About time it was fixed.

Another weekend after 3.3 (and it has to be said, after the start of DW2) = another frustrated time trying to get to play and even after getting in, being booted out within minutes. Never had this issue before either event - I also have a pretty rock solid hi-speed connection and no issues joining other online games or services.

Last edited:
Another weekend after 3.3 (and it has to be said, after the start of DW2) = another frustrated time trying to get to play and even after getting in, being booted out within minutes. Never had this issue before either event - I also have a pretty rock solid hi-speed connection and no issues joining other online games or services.

I cannot say much about 3.3.0.2, because I started with this version. 3.3.0.3 - this version - I used now for about two weeks, and as a new player I did not try too much different things. A bit exploration, a bit of fighting in a high security RES and several missions, mostly courier missions.
I could play several days and ran into two bugs, despite not doing/trying a lot of things. The first bug is annoying, supposedly fixed, but not really. It shows while surface scanning planets, where the planets starts out in 'fully scanned' view, so you do not see the drones impact zones. No big problem, but annoying and often costs your efficiency bonus.
The second problem (bug?) is more serious: On the weekend I tried twice to play my new game. And ran into disconnections whenever entering FSD. Once it left me stranded in my first target system, far from the sun, and unable to FSD to a station. Somehow I managed then to complete, what I wanted to do, but I left the game afterwards, disappointed and insecure of the game and the results. The second time, 2 days later I just tried to jump in system to a RES zone, same problem, FSD did not take on, crash with conn loss, after restart I was floating near my starting port. I just turned around, docked and put my ship to the hangar. No game for me. And to be clear: I know a bit about connections and the Internet, I am admin of a private game server (completely unconnected to Elite), and I am very sure that my connection is working well. Also at certain times I can play without problems (except the bugs). But since I use to sleep at night and have other things to do during the day, when I have time and would love to play, the game does not work.

I reported both cases on the bug report forum, and found there a lot (at least 5-7 different threads) from people, who had suffered the same problems. I also had netlog activated during the first time and posted the log files.

One thing is common to all these 'connection problem' threads: They are all completely ignored. For days now.

I will wait for several days if something is done, or at least tried, or if some feedback comes from Frontier. If not, I will deinstall the game and write it off as a loss. Because having an online game - which I was distrustful to buy until now because of its need of game servers - which cannot be played (especially at weekends and in the evening), because the games servers do not work correctly makes no sense. I will just write Elite off and book it as a learned lesson...

Yup. Needs a better serer architecture.

My biggest beef with the game at the moment is the diabolical instancing. Kicked to menu every five minutes when you're trying to defend a system is a serious pain.

Q4 should'nt have had any new content bar the ships IMO. All that development time could have been used to stabilize the exisiting build properly so that when more stuff was added it would suffer from less horrendous optimisation issues.

Last edited:
Issues with connection drops again. These are dangerous times we live in.

I think I have like 10 assassination missions in the Maia system and I am currently locked inside. ...

Every time I log back in I am being swamped by mission updates and mission offers.

This does not bode well.

Mission target names are all garbled script.

CONNECTION ERROR

Could not connect to server. Press OK to return to the main menu.
_
OK

Edit:
Seem to be working again.

Last edited:
Still no removal of the crime and punishment system with regards to player vs NPC related activities eh..can someone from FD confirm if they are going to change the system to not include player vs environment and just the PvP crimes, cause if PVE is going to have this system I refuse to play. I can accept PVP having it to reduce PvP killing for those less inclined to learn to defend themselves, but killing a random eagle spawn while bounty hunting and dealing with the insane issues cause of that is plain stupid. I still love the game but havnt played since this system was implemented (and it hammered me for an npc eagle kill) and would like to dive back in. PLease advise./

Still no removal of the crime and punishment system with regards to player vs NPC related activities eh..can someone from FD confirm if they are going to change the system to not include player vs environment and just the PvP crimes, cause if PVE is going to have this system I refuse to play. I can accept PVP having it to reduce PvP killing for those less inclined to learn to defend themselves, but killing a random eagle spawn while bounty hunting and dealing with the insane issues cause of that is plain stupid. I still love the game but havnt played since this system was implemented (and it hammered me for an npc eagle kill) and would like to dive back in. PLease advise./

I think you're going to be disappointed...

Adapt.

They would also have to make it so crime doesn't affect the BGS for that to work. Otherwise it would be way to easy to destroy people's factions.
T

Any idea when theres gonna be a fix for mining in a wing? Both that sometimes there is no fragments and sometimes the rock doesnt crack despite optimal yield.

I don't see any difference between accidentally killing an innocent NPC and accidentally killing an innocent Player and don't want the crime and punishment system to either.

Top Bottom