Modes Master Griefer List

They deserve to be dealt with by Frontier, who can prove if someone is Combat Logging or if they have other issues going on (of which there can be many).

Same goes for a "Griefers" list. Anyone can be falsely added to it. Which is why it's down to Frontier to sort it, not players.

I found myself on a combat loggers list once, got myself taken off when I pointed out the problems with the instance (Truesilver broke it when he dropped in late), so I can sympathise with one-off players who get falsely accused due to a genuine issue, but.. We all know there are lots of players out there who just log out of combat all the time to avoid consequences. Frontier do nothing serious unless there is some drama like the SDC investigation.. even then the response was short lived and selective.

To be honest, if there is somebody in this community that compiled a list of all "known" "griefers", it would have to be done so with more than just one person for the sake of making sure that the names on this list aren't just PvPers who are claimed to be griefers just because somebody got salty for losing their Type-7 in low security space. And with naming and shaming being a no-no here, it'd have to be outside of the forums as a 3rd party medium, such as reddit, google docs or any other way; and should stay kept out of the forums.

But I don't think actual griefers exist in this game, maybe only a handful.

But you want to know how to stop these griefers? It's called stop playing in open and join the obvious PvE private group, or with your friends or in solo.

I found myself on a combat loggers list once, got myself taken off when I pointed out the problems with the instance (Truesilver broke it when he dropped in late), so I can sympathise with one-off players who get falsely accused due to a genuine issue, but.. We all know there are lots of players out there who just log out of combat all the time to avoid consequences. Frontier do nothing serious unless there is some drama like the SDC investigation.. even then the response was short lived and selective.

Define "lots".

And thank you for providing an example of my point.
It's far too easy to be added to those lists for no reason at all, which is why they shouldn't exist.

Though, you're right about FD. They really should be more proactive in enforcing their own rules.

Define "lots".

And thank you for providing an example of my point.
It's far too easy to be added to those lists for no reason at all, which is why they shouldn't exist.

Though, you're right about FD. They really should be more proactive in enforcing their own rules.
[Necro!]

I'm still waiting for him to define it too, Jockey

image0-17-1.jpg

[Necro!]

I'm still waiting for him to define it too, Jockey

*Sigh.. 'lots' referring to the fact that deliberate combat logging is rampant in Elite Dangerous when faced with PvP piracy or hostility. This is not something that needs to be proven with any more evidence at this point really is it?

*Sigh.. 'lots' referring to the fact that deliberate combat logging is rampant in Elite Dangerous when faced with PvP piracy or hostility. This is not something that needs to be proven with any more evidence at this point really is it?

So we've gone from "lots" to "rampant".
So is that more or less than "lots", which way is this scale moving?

Also, what "evidence"? CL lists are not evidence, they are witch hunts.
And you have no idea why someone has vanished from your screen.

Sure, some will have CL'd. But I've had friends in our PG vanish from my screen and the game tell me they are offline.
Despite the fact, they were still online to other friends and could see me (and be seen by others). Yet on my screen, nothing.

Also, how many of those folks had just put attackers on their block list and it took a moment for the game to catch up?

Such is the nature of P2P. It's not as stable as some folks would have us believe.

So no, not all of that "evidence" is actually evidence.
Which is why Frontier investigate each claim of Combat Logging.

So we've gone from "lots" to "rampant".
So is that more or less than "lots", which way is this scale moving?

Also, what "evidence"? CL lists are not evidence, they are witch hunts.
And you have no idea why someone has vanished from your screen.

Sure, some will have CL'd. But I've had friends in our PG vanish from my screen and the game tell me they are offline.
Despite the fact, they were still online to other friends and could see me (and be seen by others). Yet on my screen, nothing.

Also, how many of those folks had just put attackers on their block list and it took a moment for the game to catch up?

Such is the nature of P2P. It's not as stable as some folks would have us believe.

So no, not all of that "evidence" is actually evidence.
Which is why Frontier investigate each claim of Combat Logging.

Try pirating void opals off players, you will see how rampant it is... Oh right they all developed connection problems after receiving a comms message... lol

Last edited:
The ED community's idea of "Griefing" is very far removed from reality.

Don't worry about it, people will shoot at you yeah, and try to kill you willy nilly, for sure. But Griefing?

ED does'nt support griefing. The community has no idea what it actually is.

If you played Eve, you know what griefing is. For reference in case some of you don't know. Eve contains what is essentially corporate espionage. One person can instantly destroy everything that thousands of players have put moths of thier lives into building. But getting your ship blown up in Elite is griefing. Ok pal. Lol.

Top Bottom