News New stream series: Frontier Xtra

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings, Commanders!

We're excited to announce a new monthly stream called Frontier Xtra, in which your Community Managers will take you through the latest news for our Frontier games and communities. We will talk about active discussions within the community, the best creations or screenshots of the month, fun moments we've encountered, and more.

We will be doing these streams every last Friday of the month, with the first one being on 22 February at 15:00 UTC. Please come and join us over on our Twitch channel - we'd love to have you in the chat!

While a large chunk of the time will be focused on discussing our games, there's plenty of room to let your voice be heard too! We'll be dedicating some time to any questions you might have about the Frontier games you play, so please pop them on the thread below.

Additionally, we are introducing the Question of the Month: what do you want to know about the gaming industry, Frontier itself, or the Community Managers/Developers? This section will be dedicated to discussing a question from you, as long as it's relevant to the gaming industry. Please put your thoughts down below, and we will pick this month's favourite to discuss.

Hope to see you there!

Awesome, but, 1500hrs GMT/BST seems an odd time of the day for such a stream, as that's during work/school/college/uni hours in the UK, and also early hours for the US timezones.

You might have a higher audience and stream participation at 1900hrs or 2000hrs GMT/BST

Regards

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Awesome, but, 1500hrs GMT/BST seems an odd time of the day for such a stream, as that's during work/school/college/uni hours in the UK, and also early hours for the US timezones.

You might have a higher audience and stream participation at 1900hrs or 2000hrs GMT/BST

Regards

Thanks for the feedback Genar-Hofoen, we'll keep an eye on the time for this and see if it's something we should adjust for future episodes. :)

Sounds cool, though I can't help but wonder if this means that Elite focused streams will reduce in quantity in favor of a more broad streaming regimen for the rest of the Frontier IP? I completely understand if this will be the case but would admittedly be a tad disappointed.

Regards

My guess is that they want to be down the pub on a Friday evening. :)

Last edited:
We will talk about active discussions within the community

Ok, this sounds good! I hope it's similar in format to Warframe's shows.

Having it at 3pm GMT is a great trial idea too:
  • During UK working hours so Elite's devs can easily be guests.
  • A different timeslot to the lunchtime and evening livestreams.
  • Starts right on Twitch's average viewers time:
  • Should have more viewers than lunchtime streams, and fewer viewers than evening livestreams.

We're excited to announce a new monthly stream called Frontier Xtra, in which your Community Managers will take you through the latest news for our Frontier games and communities. We will talk about active discussions within the community, the best creations or screenshots of the month, fun moments we've encountered, and more.

When you say "latest news for our Frontier games" does that mean there'll be news about what you guys (Frontier) are doing as well as news about what we (the community) are doing .... 'cos that would be excellent.

Question of the Month: What are the plans for 2019 ? (Both 3.3.x and 4.x pls) :)

Good question :)

One topic per months seems a bit like a cracker to a starving person so if the question could be opened up into "what are the future plans for ED" perhaps a more general overview of stuff further down the road can be included in the answer. In particular I'm interested in the planned crossover point where the 2015 lifetime pass purchase pays for itself and how long after that the servers are shut down. Can we expect the feature release rate to increase over the next two years thanks to 'Beyond' laying down groundwork, that kind of thing.

So in addition to "Powerplay needs improving, when is it happening":

BGS: it still is a bit wonky, any focussed plans to double down with the BGS guys and sort this out?

Please also ban all mentions of Soon™, Exciting™ and Future Plans™, replacing them with snippets, images, anything that is real news.

With ED, please do not overcompensate with the easy fluffy stuff. Do not overload us with pictures of Asps In Front of Things.

How to get started in gaming industry? Assume I want to take part in or even start a new project. What are the first steps to consider and how do I build a decent plan?

Only one question, and it might as well be question of the year: "What is the roadmap of Elite: Dangerous for 2019?" or put in other words "WHAT TOP SECRET STUFF ARE YOU GUYS WORKING ON, the suspense is killing us!"

Top Bottom