Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

What about the unmapped planets showing up as already mapped? And the election bugs like giving the opposing side influence?

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Network

• Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing

Ok, Great to see some fixes, but seems a bit light on the patch notes? This represents only a small number of known bugs. Any news on a longer list of fixes?

This is probably the reason why it's light on the patch notes. Those are a nightmare to track down and fix.

I would of thought that most of the BSG fixes would be done server side. I do wish that we'd get an update on all the server side fixes when they happen in addition to the client side ones.

It needs to stop reporting it in text, specifically asteroid clusters, because that appears in the FSS view as you're zooming in on planets and stops it showing you the type of planet (the description is over-ridden by the blue-coloured messages).

They should move the location of those messages all together. So, it's never over the scan location box or anything important.Maybe the other corner and down a bit. Or somewhere nothing ever is.

Removed the ability for players being able to incorrectly jump huge distances when their ship was without fuel

Wait, hasn't this bug been in the codebase since Frontier: Elite 2? Did you throw a retirement party for it?

Thanks.
I don't know how to feel, I guess I was expecting.... more, especially in the 'Exploration' section.

Last edited:
Hi

- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)

No, please no. In my opinion, for those of us who use voiceattack for example, it is a very bad option to eliminate those shortcuts for some commands such as access to pre-established routes.

Thakns for the update, and Please reconsider the removal.

Last edited:
Hi

No, please no. In my opinion, for those of us who use voiceattack for example, it is a very bad option to eliminate those shortcuts for some commands such as access to pre-established routes.

Thakns for the update, and Please reconsider the removal.

Yeah surely this is a joke, they've broken every single VA profile out there if true. Cancel this patch until reverted.

Good to see the superjump exploit was fixed!

I feel like it'd only be fair though, to remove discovery tags that were gotten through cheating, like the ones on the Ex Cancri cluster and NGC 188.
NGC 188 was visited a few days ago by a player that cheated, and if it can ever be reached legitimately, i feel like it's unfair to be beaten to the punch by someone who cheated..

What the heck was the superjump exploit?

Please give back and fix the target lock breaker have cool down on PA, silently nerfed, but now have 5,5 sec cool down.

Last edited:
Yeah surely this is a joke, they've broken every single VA profile out there if true. Cancel this patch until reverted.

Cool your jets and read this again. They have changed the default Xbox/PS4 controller bindings to fit more essential controls, like the FSS. Given the finite button real-estate it's better not to have 2 whole chords taken up by maps. The ability to bind a shortcut to the galaxy map has not been removed from the game...

If you're using the default context controls you should rebind them anyway as they are frankly awful and don't give full 6DOF controls or prioritize survival essentials.

Last edited:
- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)[/indent][/indent]

Huh? I sincerely hope that we're misunderstanding this and that it doesn't mean what it seems to mean.

I can't even begin to imagine how removing these shortcuts (I mean the F3 and F4 shortcuts on a PC in the default bindings, just so we're on the same page) would be a good thing to do.

Seems mighty lacking in the fix department...
And here I was hoping the messed up BGS that has been incorrectly handling playergroups would finally be addressed. Glad we fixed controller binds though /s.

Top Bottom