News New stream series: Frontier Xtra

Agree entirely!
Frontier you keep using words like “Exciting and Soon”, you post pictures of amazing ice planets and fleet carriers which get pulled for “something else”. Please be fair to the community and at least give us an idea of the direction your heading. You don’t have to give promised dates or features, just an end goal.

Hello there,

We understand that you're all eager to hear about what we have in store 2019, however, in this particular episode, we won't be making any major announcements, which are primarily done through our usual channels. We have an awesome community, and this stream is an opportunity to share and celebrate what the communities (across all of our games) have been up to!

Glacial is the best term to describe the development.

2018 was meant to be the stop-gap year (with gameplay improvements) before Elite gets its next extension, not 2019.

Hello there,

We understand that you're all eager to hear about what we have in store 2019, however, in this particular episode, we won't be making any major announcements, which are primarily done through our usual channels. We have an awesome community, and this stream is an opportunity to share and celebrate what the communities (across all of our games) have been up to!

Oh ok, another channel filled with uninteresting community fluff then...let me know when something interesting actually happens.

You want questions about elite, have some:
Can we finally get the answer what limits Squadron Size?
Will Squadron Base Features be extended in the Future, not talking about Carriers, but stuff like Inter-Squadron Communication, Mini-Forum for Members, API for 3rd-Party Tools or anything really?
You plan to include new professions for people to follow in Elite(I don't know, the new repair limpet Interaction almost cries Dockworker on Damaged Capital Ships, Megaships, Installations) or Improve Existing ones, like Salvaging?
Any plans to get more Types of Events, that people can participate in, aside from CGs into Elite, even if they require active moderation and devmagic to run them?
I think in the past you once talked about implementing a bug tracker, any updates?
ETA on this: https://www.elitedangerous.com/community/squadrons/
Will we ever get some kind of acknowledgement from FDev, if they read suggestion threads, even if it is just a little dot?
Since you read Suggestion Threads for all we know, what are the most popular or repetitive demands, you know will never happen? My bets are on Wormholes, General Autopilots and uhmmm draconian punishments for Notoriety. :p
As a techy: What is the greatest contributor to the technical debt of Elite Dangerous?
Will the Alliance ever decide to get their own Navy Players can join?
How many features and future plans have been scabbed due to the fact, that players would loose progress? Like I think I've heard you might have planned to do a real Navy System, but now as we have so many King Admirals, you don't want to take that away from them, thus scrapping future designs for that.
How many conspiracies players can actually contribute/discover on their own are left undiscovered so far?

A few Questions for Frontier at a whole:
Got any plans to make a new Space IP like Space Tycoon of some variety(I don't know space tourist cruiser tycoon) using your existing technology and know-how?
What is general composition of Team Members in terms of attachment to Elite(Fans, Worker-Bees, Casual Players, ...)?
A spicy question, feel free to cut it away:
How are you faring in the face of the current Brexit Situation? Opinion aside do we need to worry about your great teams future?
Oh yeah and finally: If Elite Dangerous ever is about to retired in like 10-20 years, do you plan to release the entire bundle to the community to host their own Galaxy and continue support/development for the game on their own?

A question coming out of the Cobra MkIV thread, what's the news on getting this ship into the game for those in the PS4 community that qualify? Can this be put to bed one way or the other? If not what's the reason for the delay?

Hello there,

Meh...:O

Greetings, Commanders!......
Additionally, we are introducing the Question of the Month: what do you want to know about the gaming industry, Frontier itself, or the Community Managers/Developers? This section will be dedicated to discussing a question from you, as long as it's relevant to the gaming industry. Please put your thoughts down below, and we will pick this month's favourite to discuss.

Hope to see you there!

I want to know if David Brabens vision is still being realized and how much of the original direction of the game is being focused on and how much has changed over the years through all of the challenges of running a gaming business. Mostly I’m referencing a lot of the ideas presented by David from the Kickstarter days of the game which you can find on YouTube. If Frontier is still headed in this direction it would be nice to have this confirmed. If not where is the state of the game going and What are some of the things we can look forward too.

Thank you. o7

This section will be dedicated to discussing a question from you, as long as it's relevant to the gaming industry. Please put your thoughts down below, and we will pick this month's favourite to discuss.
How is "Favourite" being decided?

Is it people with the same question in this specific thread? Or a related forum topic, which is highly active eg: the Cobra MK4 thread(s)? Or what the community managers consider their favourite?

Awesome, but, 1500hrs GMT/BST seems an odd time of the day for such a stream, as that's during work/school/college/uni hours in the UK, and also early hours for the US timezones.

You might have a higher audience and stream participation at 1900hrs or 2000hrs GMT/BST

Regards

Right at the end of the working week in the UK... last thing they do before they offski for the weekend. 1900 hrs means working late, and while they do so often enough, it's not the sort of thing a good company schedules as a regular thing.

Right at the end of the working week in the UK... last thing they do before they offski for the weekend. 1900 hrs means working late, and while they do so often enough, it's not the sort of thing a good company schedules as a regular thing.

Unless everyone in Frontier is going to appear in the stream, I can't see how it's going to affect the working patterns of the vast majority of Frontier's employees.

Unless everyone in Frontier is going to appear in the stream, I can't see how it's going to affect the working patterns of the vast majority of Frontier's employees.

Maybe all of Frontier’s services are subcontracted to India by a local company and in truth there are only 5-6 employees left in Cambridge.

:p

Last edited:
It would mean the same people from the community team working late *every* friday. If people want to watch it at 7pm, they can just watch the vod...

I feel bad for Will and the rest of the community team. They work on a new show and now catch all the flak for stuff not under their control (development and company news policy).

But I think the community's response is understandable as well. Promised features were once again canceled/delayed last minute and he haven't heard any news since last August. That this new show won't tell us anything either and instead is another "look at those screenshots people made" feels like adding insult to injury.

I'm fine with the stream - I just wish they'd answer my damn question and be clear about what this stream is!

When you say "latest news for our Frontier games" does that mean there'll be news about what you guys (Frontier) are doing as well as news about what we (the community) are doing .... 'cos that would be excellent.

If it's a stream featuring community content rather than news from FD then just say so - don't do this thing of using ambiguous wording to make it sound potentially more exciting than it is.

Ctob9rR.png

I feel bad for Will and the rest of the community team. They work on a new show and now catch all the flak for stuff not under their control (development and company news policy).

But I think the community's response is understandable as well. Promised features were once again canceled/delayed last minute and he haven't heard any news since last August. That this new show won't tell us anything either and instead is another "look at those screenshots people made" feels like adding insult to injury.

And what do you want from them? So that they honestly admitted that the work on season 4 did not even begin? It will be fair, probably, in relation to us, but then from the whole community there would be a pair of battle fan-boys. So they are trying to dodge FD, writing cool stories about "we are not ready"

Last edited:
Well, obviously I don't have any real proof, but I'm pretty sure it's ridiculous to claim they haven't even started working on 4.0.

All we know is that they told us it went into full production sometime around last August.

Well, obviously I don't have any real proof, but I'm pretty sure it's ridiculous to claim they haven't even started working on 4.0.

All we know is that they told us it went into full production sometime around last August.

This is if they told the truth.
Because there is no evidence that they have done anything.
Usually people do not show anything when they simply have nothing to show

Last edited:
Top Bottom