News Forum revamp coming soon!

The forums bug reporting system, while it works to an extent, does leave a lot left to be desired for... both on the front-end and on the back-end. Our amazing web team, along with QA and others, have been working away at the new system. We're excited to see the new reporting tool getting use in the near future.

"excited" !

*swig*

:p

Brett C

Frontier
Good luck with the revamp!

I just hope some of the themes don't follow what seems to be the "modern" way of displaying stuff, which I really hate, where there is so much white-space and gaps between things you only see about 5 threads or posts per page, even on a big screen. :)

Sneaking a quick peek at the in-development forum, there's not much excess fluff or excess spacing/padding design wise - it does look mighty nice.

The number of Posts-per-page/Threads-per-page will be identical to the forums currently. :)

Edit; Which should be 25 threads per thread list, and 15 posts per thread view.

Last edited:
Sneaking a quick peek at the in-development forum, there's not much excess fluff or excess spacing/padding design wise - it does look mighty nice.

The number of Posts-per-page/Threads-per-page will be identical to the forums currently. :)
Will that be 10 posts/page (default), 50 posts/page (my chosen option), or user selectable?

So, will we finally get seperate "New Discussions" tabs for the different games, or will I still have to mentally filter out anything involving dinosaurs when I want a quick check of the current ED discussions?

Brett C

Frontier
So, will we finally get seperate "New Discussions" tabs for the different games, or will I still have to mentally filter out anything involving dinosaurs when I want a quick check of the current ED discussions?

Hmm, think this is something planned for our XenForo2 installations. Our Dev Tracker (gasp!) will have per-game-category-section support. :)

What's the difference? (apart from the caption)

Well, the "like" system is more like "i agree with this" button, as does the current rep system in some ways, but the difference is that the "like" system is public.
It kind of replaces the need for replying "i agree", etc. :)

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
Well, the "like" system is more like "i agree with this" button, as does the current rep system in some ways, but the difference is that the "like" system is public.
It kind of replaces the need for replying "i agree", etc. :)

On XenForo 2.1 (what we'll be using), it mostly is a reactions system.

chrome_2019-02-22_07-02-31.png

In due time, we'll probably add some fun reactions to that initial list of six.[big grin]

With the 'Community Events & Creations section will be removed;'

Will there be somewhere for notifications of Streams, Podcasts, meet up events and fiction articles go on the forum?

Does this means the official death of the DDF?

On XenForo 2.1 (what we'll be using), it mostly is a reactions system.

In due time, we'll probably add some fun reactions to that initial list of six.[big grin]

Two you are missing - the o7 Salute, and (for me) the shrug. I would use both of them more than any in that image :)

Edit; Which should be 25 threads per thread list, and 15 posts per thread view.

That sounds great - thanks! I am looking forward to seeing it.

Top Bottom