News Forum revamp coming soon!

Community Events & Creations section will be removed;
So where would a player group go with their cool mini events? Just Dangerous Discussions with everything else?

Bug Reports and Support will be moved to their own dedicated websites.
Thank you for that.

Just a personal Question:
Will the new Design incorporate some sort marker for the Suggestion And Feedback Section, so people can see that Devs read that section, even if they are to busy to reply to everything?

On XenForo 2.1 (what we'll be using), it mostly is a reactions system.

In due time, we'll probably add some fun reactions to that initial list of six.[big grin]

there HAS to be a salt icon ;) we can forgo the name but give us a reaction icon :)

Last edited:

We'll be removing inactive forum sections to make it easier to access all current discussions. The changes will be game-specific, so please check out these forum announcements in each game section to see what changes are coming to that game's forums. Here are the changes for the Elite Dangerous-specific section of the forums:

• Many inactive Private Forums will be removed;

Please don't remove the backer forum - There is still plenty of information relevant to current backer cmdr's.

Will the new forums give us notifications when one of our posts gets quoted/replied to? That's one of my biggest gripes with the current forums -- that if someone directly replies to me in a thread I may not even know about it, if it happened in a thread I don't regularly keep up with.

The only thing the current forum notifies you about is rep gain, which is ok, but it seems like a squandered system.

I'm a simple guy, I like black text on white background, and avoid sites that insist on forcing "kewl" colors/themes, especially dark themes.
User settings are one of the beautiful things about CMS.

Last edited:
Actually, removal of inactive forum threads does give me serious pause for thought.

There's a lot of very useful, but long since locked for inactivity, threads that I refer to from my Best of Forum thread.

Am I gonna be seeing a lot of broken links?

I may have to crawl my Best of Forum thread and look into archiving it for future generations.

• Bug Reports and Support will be moved to their own dedicated websites.
In terms of Bug Reporting and Support systems, we will be launching a new, dedicated bug tracking website in order for us to make that process easier, better, and more manageable! You will be able to log issues as you're used to, and the community will be able to vote on your issue which will consider it confirmed - this means we can put more focus into examining the highest ranked issues.

If you have any concerns or queries please post them here and we'll do our best to answer them as soon as possible.

SO the current bug reports and issues will be moved to the new forums? or is this another way of removing some of the technical debt ?

Actually, removal of inactive forum threads does give me serious pause for thought.

There's a lot of very useful, but long since locked for inactivity, threads that I refer to from my Best of Forum thread.

Am I gonna be seeing a lot of broken links?

I may have to crawl my Best of Forum thread and look into archiving it for future generations.

As an archivist as well, I have the same worry, all of a sudden.

Text entry on the current software is horribly broken if you're using a swipey tablet keyboard. I actually complained about this last year and was told then this change was coming.

No themes? Well, if I had a vote, which doubtless I don't, I'd be voting early and often for black text on a white background.

Except maybe for JWE. After all, white text on a black background belongs to the Jurassic Age of computing.:)

Ah, the good old days of WordStar. None of your fancy modern Word Perfect and it's fancy-smanshy blue background!

Ahh... you're talking about bright-ish green 8x11-pixels-per-letter text on a darkish-green background (depending on the age of the monitor)? Orange if you were swank, and beige if you were really rolling in it?

Top Bottom