Shutdown Field Neutraliser. Does It Work?

I've been trying to get the hang of this particular module, after giving up entirely on the Xeno scanner. Lol

However, I can't seem to nail it.
So far I tried firing it off as soon as the energy warning happens. Which is too early.
Waited a second. Also too early.
Waited 2 seconds. Also too early.
Waited 3 seconds. Too late.
Simply run away. More reliable. Lol

I've even sat and watched the field come towards me, and then charge and fire it off.
And nope. Still shutdown.

All I do now is just boost away and go fa off, to drift to relative safety.
Tempted to just remove it and put something more useful on.

Pressing and holding the button is key.

Be sure your SYS capacitor is filled before doing that, because even at 4 pips to SYS it chews through energy like no other.
Anyone in the bubble (eventually up to a radius of 3km from you) that your device projects will be protected from the shutdown field's blast as long as you hold the button and there's enough energy in SYS to maintain it.

Last edited:

Be sure your SYS capacitor is filled before doing that, because even at 4 pips to SYS it chews through energy like no other.
Anyone in the bubble (eventually up to a radius of 3km from you) that your device projects will be protected from the shutdown field's blast as long as you hold the button and there's enough energy in SYS to maintain it.

Yes, pips to SYS and watch it's charge bar the first time so you can see when it's active.

I'd like to add to keep holding it long enough until the green wave has passed.

Personal incident: incoming EMP wave, but the neutralizer was active in time when the green bubble engulfed my ship. Then I released it thinking "ok, that should do it". Bang, system shutdown :D

It's a great help in AX CZs.
When you've swept up the scouts, you get an interceptor zum into the instance.
Make sure you've got a full SYS capacitor and 4 pips to SYS. You hear the interceptor's call, then you get the energy warning. If you've got the interceptor in your sights, start AND HOLD your SFN when you see the interceptor pulsing green/yellow. If you've the timing right, you not only keep yourself going, but all your buddies close by. It could be the difference between total wipeout of your side, or complete victory against the interceptor.
Put another way, if the pulse got me, I usually had to bug out due to damage incurred while disabled.
If I rode out the pulse, I usually managed to take down the interceptor with the rest of my NPC buds.

I'll have a practice tomorrow, I think!

I have been holding it down and waiting, but I'm probably letting it go too early still.

Doesn't particularly bother me, I rarely take much damage while down.
Last time, when an interceptor jumped in I just flew 8km away and waited. Lol
Felt kinda sorry for the NPC's, but they need to install this stuff. Lol

Shutdownfiel neutralizer works perfectly. Saved me a dozen of times yesterday, sometimes even having huge lag and ghosting effects. Try to figure out where the flowers are located, count to three if its just one.. wait a moment more if you can see them and bubbles are far away. But you need luck also sometimes, when there is too much chaos or too many sounds are overlapping and you dont notice the warning..

I also count to 3 after hearing the warning, normally works ok, but i do get caught sometimes, especially when its hectic in an AXCZ.

I have noticed however, that the shutdown does not affect ALL systems on my ship, my Krait holo bobblehead is impervious. It just spins away regardless, laughing at the rest of the ship!

o7

I also count to 3 after hearing the warning, normally works ok, but i do get caught sometimes, especially when its hectic in an AXCZ.

I have noticed however, that the shutdown does not affect ALL systems on my ship, my Krait holo bobblehead is impervious. It just spins away regardless, laughing at the rest of the ship!

o7

Also Gauss’ keep glowing :D

*sigh* No it does not work.
Just died on fierce salves coming from a basilisk and his swarm because shutdown neutralizer did not fire.
What was wrong? The keybinding for it was gone! Must be a bug because I´ve definitely set the keybinding yesterday after rearranging tool slots.
Doing some shipment for IDA now until the 9 Mio rebuy are back in..

Also Gauss’ keep glowing :D

I had a keybind (nightvision) disappear today myself, thats on plebian PS4 tho, home of many a elephant butt leather shadow lol

I think you just have to Jack Burton the field neutraliser, “it’s all in the reflexes”

Wrong quote, its sunday, i’m drunk and cooking dinner

Last edited:
Yeah? Never noticed that.

Someone should get on ram tah’s case really.
Come on ram, take the battery out of that yeah, then make it into a god powerplant.
Chop chop *clicks fingers

Wasn’t Guardian hybrid PP’s supposed to have that feature? Useless dregs :D

The answer to your thread title is yes.
Plenty of admonitions to hold the button with full sys (for max up time) already.

If you are in a CZ there may be multiple (and some unannounced - often unannounced) shutdown waves. Can't do a lot about that.

*sigh* No it does not work.
Just died on fierce salves coming from a basilisk and his swarm because shutdown neutralizer did not fire.
What was wrong? The keybinding for it was gone! Must be a bug because I´ve definitely set the keybinding yesterday after rearranging tool slots.
Doing some shipment for IDA now until the 9 Mio rebuy are back in..

There is a keybinding for the Shutdown Field Neutraliser by now? I didn't notice. That would be useful, where is it?

Top Bottom