Roller Coasters WIP - Arachnid - An Inverted Coaster

The first thing I did when Alpha 2 was released was make a spider using the terraforming tools, and since then I have been turning it into a Nemesis-style inverted coaster.

I'm still tweaking the layout and have lots more theming to do, but this is how it currently looks:

A view from the start of the queue
gpC9D1G.jpg

Further along the queue you get a good view of the spider that imposes above
FVZHr1D.jpg

Above ground, peeps can get as close as they dare to the giant creature
LsFXnw6.jpg

A better view of the layout so far
fOqNC5U.jpg

Very Cool, Love terrain Coaster, so the station is also underground?

Thanks!
Yes, the station is underground roughly underneath where the spider's head is, these two screenshots should give a better idea:

Here is a birdseye view (the smaller spider on the right is very early and I may delete it)
CENgy95.jpg

And this shot shows where the station is. The people in the middle of the shot are queuing, the people on the right are exiting the ride. I haven't done any theming on the underground sections yet.
TNT8DNN.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
Yes, the station is underground roughly underneath where the spider's head is, these two screenshots should give a better idea:

Here is a birdseye view (the smaller spider on the right is very early and I may delete it)
http://i.imgur.com/CENgy95.jpg

And this shot shows where the station is. The people in the middle of the shot are queuing, the people on the right are exiting the ride. I haven't done any theming on the underground sections yet.
http://i.imgur.com/TNT8DNN.jpg

Love the spider man its amazing :)

I've now tweaked the coaster layout quite a bit. I originally wanted some more inversions but couldn't make them in the new editor, but after much messing about I was finally now able to get the hang of making custom inversions. I also noticed that my original layout was almost entirely right turns, so the new layout breaks that up a bit. I had to delete a lot of my scenery and destroy some terrain to modify the track but it shouldn't take long to decorate again.
Still a few kinks to fix thanks to some of the tunnels being in the way but I'm almost happy with the track layout and then it will just be a case of adding more scenery details and some minor terrain adjustments

xfeIyP8.jpg

yTV0Sos.jpg

Edit:
And here is a direct comparison of another change I made:
EPeHvaE.jpg

I love it ! Really good design :)
Could you post a video "on-ride" ? I'd like to see it [yesnod]
Yes I will post a POV, but not until it is finished :)

Last edited:
I've been making slow steady progress. I had to rebuild lots of parts where i'd tweaked the coaster. There is still one section of track which isn't smooth and some missing supports but I need to delete lots of scenery before I can fix it!

Anyhow I've added a few small details as well as redoing scenery and other bits:

5yqOWNg.jpg

oO8pTzp.jpg

EFI8eHD.jpg

DwTsvxe.jpg

This is so cool! I especially love the underground queue and station. Makes me think of shrinking down to the size of a small bug and having to face the spider. Really great design!! You're going places! haha [big grin]

Question! In that last picture, how did you get that spider design on the rock?!

Last edited:
This is so cool! I especially love the underground queue and station. Makes me think of shrinking down to the size of a small bug and having to face the spider. Really great design!! You're going places! haha [big grin]

Question! In that last picture, how did you get that spider design on the rock?!
Thanks.

I will spoil the magic by removing the rock...

DWkuw3F.jpg

[cool]

Very creative use of the landscaping tool and the limited number of objects you can place. The creative use of the scenery objects to create those small spiders
[up]

Today I've been working on the queue line, which is entirely undeneath the coaster. The idea here is that you are entering the spider's lair to board the ride.

As you enter the queue you get a very good view of the final large drop into a misty tunnel
SVM7z4V.jpg

Other than the protective grills (and the coaster!) there are very few man-made objects, it is all nature.
JkPp4C0.jpg

The final stretch towards the station gives some more great views of the ride
1bV6zc6.jpg

This guy is right near the front of the queue
kIqGRwu.jpg

These smiley happy people have just exited the ride
DIGqLSe.jpg

Last edited:
The great thing about that tiny spider in the rock which I made is that it because the body is made of a lamppost, it actually lights up in the dark [big grin]
j1EQ5Pr.jpg

I've also added some lighting to the new spider, so it's even creepier
8fxJ8Mg.jpg

The coaster is now accomponaied by a flat ride
dpxGI7D.jpg

mSLKibS.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom