IMPORTANT: Vintage Pack new DLC coming soon!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Vinatge-Pack-Screenshot_09.jpg

Are you longing to revisit traditional fairgrounds or old-school theme parks? Do you enjoy a more classic look in your parks, combined with the smell of popcorn and gumballs?

Take your guests on a nostalgic journey with the brand new Vintage Pack, coming to you on July 10, 2018! The latest paid content pack is filled to the brim with Victorian touches and a timeless charm.

We're welcoming two wooden coasters to the family: the Zephyrus, a high-speed wooden coaster with a tarnished charm; and the Aces Sky, which negotiates a large wooden pipe with biplane styled cars moving sideways through it. We've also got five new rides for you to expand your parks with! Round The World, combining gentle and spinning motions of a ferris wheel with the insanity of spinning, inverting gondolas; Loop Da Loop, a twin cabin inverting swinger from the 1930s; Test Flight, an inverting plane ride which the guests can control; Hurricane, twisting and turning action as a fairground staple; and Centrum, classic carnival ride which spins at high speeds at a thrilling 50 degrees!

We've got four new Vintage machines your guests can have a play with. The Gumball and Popcorn stands bring a true vintage flair to your parks, with guests being able to purchase these treats directly. The Vintage Crane machine is a new way of getting your guests trying their luck to get some lovely park merchandise, and the famous Zoltan will predict your future. You are in charge of the probability of these machines, like how likely it is to win a prize or how positive the guests' fortunes are...

Then there's a whole new set of vintage-themed scenery and wall sets, Victorian pillars, decorative trimmings and lightbox lettering, and animal statues. For the ultimate fairground flair, you can add a barbershop quartet or some highly skilled trapeze artists!

Again, all of this is part of the new Vintage Pack - but don't forget this release will be paired with the free update containing in-game branded vending machines, recolourable staff members, scenery grouping, and filters. We're also adding a free wooden coaster - the Mouse Hunt, a historic wooden mouse coaster preserved forever in the game - and a planter set with new plants to decorate your parks!

The Planet Coaster Vintage Pack is completely optional for you to purchase - you can get it from Steam of the Frontier Store for £7.99 ($10.99, €10.99). Please note that you need to have the Planet Coaster base game in order to download and play this extra content.

Get your tickets now!

[video=youtube;A2XOxdIWzZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XOxdIWzZo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Vinatge-Pack-Screenshot_05.jpg

Last edited:
I just thought doing a boardwalk would be nice, after i made a coaster for it. Well. Here come the missing pieces. Very nice and fitting all themes.
Another looping ride, but at least generic, family and open for theming. So it is a good one.

Last edited:
Looks like everyone's predictions were wrong about what the DLC was going to be ;-)

Future ? Try PAST, heh heh heh, it looks really nice too

Last edited:
OH my heavens...i just about died.

If I created a pack myself...it would be this one. Thank you!!!! The Flying Turns coaster has me soooooo excited!!!

Looks nice and everything. Pretty sad though, that this new update, again, does not contain any fixes/changes making this creative designer an actual game. You probably recognize the long thread about this, which Bo actually acknowledged letting us hope/think that Frontier is aware of this an actually working on things, instead its another content pack [ugh][confused][down]

I don't see where they have listed any fixes/changes as of yet, so we don't know what's been done, so you shouldn't jump to conclusions so early.

Very nice pack, welcomed by many, myself included!

I don't see where they have listed any fixes/changes as of yet, so we don't know what's been done, so you shouldn't jump to conclusions so early.

Very nice pack, welcomed by many, myself included!

fair enough, but if they would have changed anything significant they would have told us by now. But i will be pleasently surprised if i'm proved wrong [heart]

Looks nice and everything. Pretty sad though, that this new update, again, does not contain any fixes/changes making this creative designer an actual game. You probably recognize the long thread about this, which Bo actually acknowledged letting us hope/think that Frontier is aware of this an actually working on things, instead its another content pack [ugh][confused][down]

Where did you see and or hear that there would be no fixes/changes? This is exactly what is wrong around here. YOU HAVE NO IDEA whether there will be any (There have been in every other release) so perhaps you should wait until you have information that is accurate before posting this.

I think a number of us came close to getting this one right! Both Fisherman and I mentioned old time rides a number of times.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier

Every update comes paired with a few new fixes. Keep submitting bug reports and crash information so we can continue to work on optimising the game. The 1.7 update notes are released, as always, when the pack goes live - which is July 10.

Last edited:
My wait for a Pirates of the Caribbean/Small World style boat ride goes on.... but this is delightful nevertheless. Can think of lots I'd like to do with the scenery pieces and vintage machines...etc. Love the addition of popcorn stands and barbershop quartet!

Thanks, Frontier.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome news! This is more than I expected from the new DLC, and great to hear that there's also a lot of free content coming with the next update!

:foxycoffee:

Every update comes paired with a few new fixes. Keep submitting bug reports and crash information so we can continue to work on optimising the game. The 1.7 update notes are released, as always, when the pack goes live - which is July 10.

Thank you Bo for your response. But it is not about crash fixes or bugs per se. I'm talking about: A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision which would probably need an update by itself. I've bought every DLC in the past, but after a couple of minutes, may be hours trying out the new pieces i stopped playing again, because the game lacks being a game and i don't have the time to put in gzllions of hours in order to build a beautiful park that doesn't work :(

My wait for a Pirates of the Caribbean/Small World style boat ride goes on.... but this is delightful nevertheless. Can think of lots I'd like to do with the scenery pieces and vintage machines...etc. Love the addition of popcorn stands and barbershop quartet!

Thanks, Frontier.

Can't you achieve a similar ride with the log flume?

Top Bottom