New Forum Revamp Coming Soon!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
PC_forum_revamp.jpg

Hayo coaster friends!

We're excited to reveal that in a few weeks time, we will be upgrading the Frontier forums to a brand new system! This will allow us to modernize the forums, improve their accessibility, and help make it easier for you to participate in the discussions that matter to you!

Our new forums are set to go live at the end of March. We're working hard to ensure that your account details carry across and that there's minimal disruption for you.

As part of the update we're taking the opportunity to streamline forum sections so it will be easier for you to navigate topics of interest. Here are some of the changes:

• New game-specific forums allowing you to focus on discussing the game that matters most to you;
  • Planet Coaster is joining the Frontier forums and will no longer be a separate site;
  • Streamlined forum sections so you don't have to check multiple areas to find the information you want;
  • Connect your Frontier account - one system for all your Frontier needs!
  • New forum options such as tags to improve searching for content and badges to unlock for participating;
  • Global Off Topic area.
We'll be removing inactive forum sections to make it easier to access all current discussions. The changes will be game-specific, so please check out these forum announcements in each game section to see what changes are coming to that game's forums. Here are the changes for the Planet Coaster-specific section of the forums:

• The official Forums will be merged with the Frontier forums - your account details should not change;
  • All News sections merged under one heading;
  • Planet Coaster Discussion will be renamed General Discussion;
  • Coaster Head Club forum will be closed - you can join the CHC Discord here: https://discord.gg/hBUABNm
  • How do I and FAQ sections will be renamed 'Guides';
  • International Discussions will be removed as there are new, dedicated Frontier International sections;
  • Work In Progress and Toolkit Requests will be removed and future posts will either use the Thememaker's Toolkit Discussion section or the new Thememaker's Toolkit Creations category;
  • The Events and Competitions category in Community Creations will be removed;
  • Scenarios will be renamed to Parks and Scenarios;
  • Coasters will be renamed Rides, and will include tags to help improve searching;
  • Shops and Stalls will be renamed Shops and Scenery, and will include tags to help improve searching;
  • Other Creations will be removed;
  • Community Creations will be removed, similar topics will use the General Discussion section;
  • Off Topic and Real World parks will be removed and are incorporated into the global Off Topic section;
  • Bug Reports and Support will be moved to their own dedicated websites.
In terms of Bug Reporting and Support systems, we will be launching a new, dedicated bug tracking website in order for us to make that process easier, better, and more manageable! You will be able to log issues as you're used to, and the community will be able to vote on your issue which will consider it confirmed - this means we can put more focus into examining the highest ranked issues.

Although we have made these changes to improve the functionality of the forums, please do be aware that we will still be fine-tuning going forward. Should changes be required we'll be able to alter this and add/remove new forum sections if necessary.

We're really looking forward to sharing these changes with you. If you have any concerns or queries please post them here and we'll do our best to answer them as soon as possible.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm excited to start using the new forum system. XenForo2, the new forum software, looks very promising! [up]

I'm also looking forward to see the responses from the community [yesnod]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Heads up for Coaster Head Club members;

There's a link to the Coaster Head Club Discord in the announcement post above. This is to ensure that members of the Coaster Head Club can join the Discord if they haven't already done so. The original link can be found on the Coaster Head Club forum, which is a hidden forum only accessible for Coaster Head Club members, and which will be removed prior to the merge with the Frontier Forums at the end of March.

The Coaster Head Club Discord is staying approval only, so only members who have previously bought the Coaster Head Club membership (that was available during the Alpha phase of Planet Coaster in 2015 and 2016) can access the chat channels on that Discord after they have been verified as a CHC member by a Frontier Community Manager.

Last edited:
Not sure I'm undertand what will happen with the content of this forum? Will all our discussions, suggestions and show offs transfer to the new platform or to be deleted?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Not sure I'm undertand what will happen with the content of this forum? Will all our discussions, suggestions and show offs transfer to the new platform or to be deleted?

Most will carry across. For the forums that are removed the content within will also be removed.

I'm really excited to see what the new forums will look like. I also like the sound of the new bug report tracking system where you can track the process of the bug issues.

Sounds like a great refresh of the forums. Looking forward to seeing the new super-duper streamlined version [big grin][up]

The only thing I do not like about the new forum is the loss of the "Community Creations" board. Within a general discussion board, many of the fantastic parks will rather go down and overlook. Forums like "ShyguysWorld" will probably become again more of a platform where users can showcase their parks and creations. (like RCT3 and the old Atari forum)

The only thing I do not like about the new forum is the loss of the "Community Creations" board. Within a general discussion board, many of the fantastic parks will rather go down and overlook. Forums like "ShyguysWorld" will probably become again more of a platform where users can showcase their parks and creations. (like RCT3 and the old Atari forum)
agreed

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

The 'Community Creations' board will be categorised under the main Planet Coaster board, with several sub-forums dedicated to Parks and Scenarios, Rides and Shops & Scenery. Existing sub-forums such as Coasters, Flat Rides and Track Rides will be merged with the new Rides sub-forum.

The forums will continue to be a place to share all of your amazing Planet Coaster creations! :)

Rest in peace CHC! It has been a blast! But I can see the reason as it is not exactly active anymore, on either side.

Hoping for a smooth migration otherwise and for a nice experience. :)

I wonder if this merge has any chance of being part of a new unannounced sequel/expansion like hopefully Planet Safari?? [cool]

Top Bottom