Update 1.6.1

I've never worked anywhere that gave either Friday or Monday off for Easter -- I once transferred into an office on Good Friday that had me working Easter Sunday because I was the newest there (never happier to get hit by a layoff). Frontier gives time off around Easter? Great -- saying so beforehand would've done a significantly better job of managing customer's expectations.

Unless Frontier doesn't care anymore about PlanCo customers' expectations beyond convincing us to buy JWE, of course. Given how the Rah-Rah-Frontier-Can-Do-No-Wrong squad runs unrestrained by any moderation on these forums, that wouldn't surprise me.

Why would a company based in England (or anywhere) have to post their company holidays publicly? Especially since these days are red days off in England (and most of Europe). The majority of western Europe (maybe Eastern too) are off half of Thursday before Good Friday, Good Friday and Easter Monday. This has been like this for as long as there has been public holidays. This can't come as a surprise for anyone? Even a lot of companies here in the US have Good Friday off (but not Easter Monday). I have been working here in the US for 13 years and I have always been off on Good Friday. Can't see how this is Frontiers fault or issue that you don't know this or get upset about it.

Last edited:
I've never worked anywhere that gave either Friday or Monday off for Easter -- I once transferred into an office on Good Friday that had me working Easter Sunday because I was the newest there (never happier to get hit by a layoff). Frontier gives time off around Easter? Great -- saying so beforehand would've done a significantly better job of managing customer's expectations.

Can we expect that you will inform the community from now on when you have to work or when you get a day off. So we know beforehand at what days you are able to criticize all and every little thing thats common for the whole majority?

Sorry but you are loosing track a bit here. No one has to tell you when they have national holidays upcoming or who got off for the holidays. Should they even tell you what the devs get payed for theyre work per month? It´s getting a bit silly at this point, dont you think?

Unless Frontier doesn't care anymore about PlanCo customers' expectations beyond convincing us to buy JWE, of course. Given how the Rah-Rah-Frontier-Can-Do-No-Wrong squad runs unrestrained by any moderation on these forums, that wouldn't surprise me.

This entire post drips with egoism. All you think about is yourself.

Everybody at my company is off on Easter Monday. No one works on that day. Our customers know that, even our foreign customers, and (unless privately discussed with our client) there should be no expectations from our customers for that day, and we work with companies from Asia, Africa, US, etc. They all respect we have a day off, but you probably don't even know the meaning of that word.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Let’s get back on the topic of the 1.6.1 update, please.

Discussing whether Frontier should announce when their staff has days off is off-topic.

Let’s get back on the topic of the 1.6.1 update, please.

Discussing whether Frontier should announce when their staff has days off is off-topic.

Okay, back on topic:
. . . I just wanted to let you know that, as we always do after a big update to the base game, we are currently gathering your feedback and reviewing any bug reports. The team are working very hard on some known issues, please bear with us as we are working on a few bug fixes and we’re expecting an update to be released next week! Also, please keep reporting any issues to us via the Bug forums!

Thanks for understanding!

That was on Wednesday March 28th. Non-specific, but some things are pretty clear -- the team's working hard on fixes, for example. Did "Improved the naming of the Fall and Dive animatronics in the Studios Pack DLC" require hard work? If it did, the tools the devs are working with need serious improvement!

This wasn't the only post where we were asked to be patient and wait for the next fixes update. Then on Tuesday April 3rd, six days later, we get update 1.6.1. Regardless of how many working days there were in those six days (seven days since Update 1.6), this update not only does not fix reported issues (both old and new, no need to reiterate them in this post I think), but there was no mention of any further fixes. That's especially worrying after 70 days of no updates of any sort, including no fix updates, prior to the 1.6 update.

Maybe it's drippily egotistic of me, or just thinking about myself, to expect a game I've purchased (and purchased every DLC for) to provide the enjoyment I reasonably believe it should. Isn't that what the entire gaming industry makes its money from? Or at least for an update we were point-blank told to expect, to provide the fixes we were told to expect. Maybe that's too much to expect. Of course we should wait patiently for, hmmmm, another 70 days? Or however long, and be respectfully grateful for whatever Frontier deigns to grace us with.

But that's not what I buy a game for, and it's not what I play a game for. So I'll hope for the next update fixes (and that it doesn't break something else again), and maybe play this game again after that. Maybe.

Last edited:
Okay, back on topic:

That was on Wednesday March 28th. Non-specific, but some things are pretty clear -- the team's working hard on fixes, for example. Did "Improved the naming of the Fall and Dive animatronics in the Studios Pack DLC" require hard work? If it did, the tools the devs are working with need serious improvement!

This wasn't the only post where we were asked to be patient and wait for the next fixes update. Then on Tuesday April 3rd, six days later, we get update 1.6.1. Regardless of how many working days there were in those six days (seven days since Update 1.6), this update not only does not fix reported issues (both old and new, no need to reiterate them in this post I think), but there was no mention of any further fixes. That's especially worrying after 70 days of no updates of any sort, including no fix updates, prior to the 1.6 update.

Maybe it's drippily egotistic of me, or just thinking about myself, to expect a game I've purchased (and purchased every DLC for) to provide the enjoyment I reasonably believe it should. Isn't that what the entire gaming industry makes its money from? Or at least for an update we were point-blank told to expect, to provide the fixes we were told to expect. Maybe that's too much to expect. Of course we should wait patiently for, hmmmm, another 70 days? Or however long, and be respectfully grateful for whatever Frontier deigns to grace us with.

But that's not what I buy a game for, and it's not what I play a game for. So I'll hope for the next update fixes (and that it doesn't break something else again), and maybe play this game again after that. Maybe.

Seems like you purchased the wrong game pal. Let it go, learn from it, and buy perfect games in the future. Sooo boring. No offend, Peace out [cool]

Seems like you purchased the wrong game pal. Let it go, learn from it, and buy perfect games in the future. Sooo boring. No offend, Peace out [cool]

Really.. He purchased the wrong game because Frontier isn't patching the bugs? How about you let it go.. and purchase whatever games you think are perfect in the future and stop trying to tell us who are disgruntled with the way Frontier is supporting this game what games we should buy, or to get over it, or not to be angry when they won't even fix their own game...Planet Coaster USED to be really good.. but somewhere along the way.. (IMO about the time they started working on Jurassic Park,) they lost their way with this game. They do not care about us the players, they do not care about patching things THEY broke, they even used to be quite good at telling us what was going on instead of staying in the dark. then they decided to stop doing so and staying silent, no developer diaries anymore etc. While at the same time telling us.. Ohhh we listen to the community. The community is talking, they aren't listening.

If you think this game is so perfect, and you think Frontier is so great, why are you trying to tell us who are disgruntled and frustrated with how things are broken and not fixed, that WE are wrong? or we bought the wrong game. You say we cause drama because we are frustrated with these things, but no we are complaining so they will listen, we post bug reports, so they will get fixed. You are the ones causing drama by telling us WE are wrong for thinking these things. You don't want to hear complaints about your holier than thou company. Stop reading them, You don't want Drama.. stop causing it.. It's not us. We're just trying to get them to listen without how was it put.. Ohh the Rah Rah CHeer Squad fo Frontier telling us to be quiet and play a different game or move on, or just settle for a broken game, My god you guys are so seriously butthurt because we are angry at Frontier for things THEY legit have done. You don't want to see the common sense, or the issues with the game You are seriously that blind. Its not just one or two of us angry about these things.. its a group.. A group who want to enjoy the game without our parks being messed up by soemthign broken.. a group that doesn't want to be lied to, and a group who when we report bugs, would liek to see them actually fixed, instead of a year later and its still an issue. But hey.. "They are discussing it internally..

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Okay, back on topic:

It's not just a case of a quick fix. Often in development things are more complex than they seem, sometimes because they are done in the most reusable (in terms of code) or rebust way for the software. However, even a simple change such as a name change, usually in large companies has to be released to QA, tester by a QA tested, released to UAT tested, then released to live. Often releases to live can require a certain number of days notice and be approved by senior management (different companies have different policies here but it is standard change management) unless it is an emergency e.g. users can't access software. Such change management reduces the number of serious bugs or server issues.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Really.. He purchased the wrong game because Frontier isn't patching the bugs? How about you let it go.. and purchase whatever games you think are perfect in the future and stop trying to tell us who are disgruntled with the way Frontier is supporting this game what games we should buy, or to get over it, or not to be angry when they won't even fix their own game...Planet Coaster USED to be really good.. but somewhere along the way.. (IMO about the time they started working on Jurassic Park,) they lost their way with this game. They do not care about us the players, they do not care about patching things THEY broke, they even used to be quite good at telling us what was going on instead of staying in the dark. then they decided to stop doing so and staying silent, no developer diaries anymore etc. While at the same time telling us.. Ohhh we listen to the community. The community is talking, they aren't listening.

If you think this game is so perfect, and you think Frontier is so great, why are you trying to tell us who are disgruntled and frustrated with how things are broken and not fixed, that WE are wrong? or we bought the wrong game. You say we cause drama because we are frustrated with these things, but no we are complaining so they will listen, we post bug reports, so they will get fixed. You are the ones causing drama by telling us WE are wrong for thinking these things. You don't want to hear complaints about your holier than thou company. Stop reading them, You don't want Drama.. stop causing it.. It's not us. We're just trying to get them to listen without how was it put.. Ohh the Rah Rah CHeer Squad fo Frontier telling us to be quiet and play a different game or move on, or just settle for a broken game, My god you guys are so seriously butthurt because we are angry at Frontier for things THEY legit have done. You don't want to see the common sense, or the issues with the game You are seriously that blind. Its not just one or two of us angry about these things.. its a group.. A group who want to enjoy the game without our parks being messed up by soemthign broken.. a group that doesn't want to be lied to, and a group who when we report bugs, would liek to see them actually fixed, instead of a year later and its still an issue. But hey.. "They are discussing it internally..

I can see that you are bitter, disappointed, and maybe even mad, with how things seem to be going for you. However, fixing things is not as easy as some may think.

They do not care about us the players
If Frontier really doesn't care about us the players, then why did we get 3 DLC in the past months? Why did we get free updates with new features such as hotels and some QoL improvements? Why are Frontier still interacting with us through livestreams, newsletters and social media? They definitely care about us, the players. I agree that there are things that can be improved and that there are things that could have been fixed by now, but stating that Frontier doesn't care about us, the players, is nonsense.

The community is talking, they aren't listening
Frontier are definitely listening. That doesn't mean that they have to let us know that they do. For example: Frontier has already added lots of features to the game because of requests of the community. Some features came in the form of DLC, but a lot of features came for free. Once again, I can see that you are disappointed with how things are going for you, but stating that Frontier isn't listening to us is simply not true.

Between the time they announced that a patch is coming and the release of the patch you have one full work day at best. Half of Thursday (since half day for Easter) and Tuesday morning before the patch was released. Most likely they did not tweak the patch until release time as it has to go through QA etc. first which takes time. How much did you expect them to include in that patch with so little time to work?

Since you already purchased not only the base game but also all the DLCs released since then you must have known by now how Frontier operates and handles things. You have certainly been active on these forums to know that. If you are not happy with how they work and what they release, why do you keep purchasing the DLCs? Did you expect them to all of a sudden change how they work with release 1.6?

It is interesting how some people trivializes the work that goes in even a small fix/change to a massive piece of software like Planet Coaster is. Again, it isn't like editing a Word document for a small text change.

Like I said, no offend. NO OFFEND [big grin] I am just sharing my opinion like you guys. C´mon its just a game and an amazing one. For me, I am totaly perfect with PC. And very confident it will become better in the future [yesnod]

Between the time they announced that a patch is coming and the release of the patch you have one full work day at best. Half of Thursday (since half day for Easter) and Tuesday morning before the patch was released. Most likely they did not tweak the patch until release time as it has to go through QA etc. first which takes time. How much did you expect them to include in that patch with so little time to work?

It seems Joël has no problem with you discussing Frontier's days off -- hopefully I'm allowed to respond. If a fix update (for at least the problems the 1.6 update caused) sometime this week was too tight to accommodate staff's time off, why was Bo told to give us that ETR? Her post could've said something like "sorry, couple of weeks, dev's get spring break with their families too y'know" just as easily. Would there have been complaints? Almost certainly, but at least we would've been complaining about the right things: that an update was scheduled with insufficient time before a company-wide holiday to deal with the inevitable issues it'd cause.

Since you already purchased not only the base game but also all the DLCs released since then you must have known by now how Frontier operates and handles things. You have certainly been active on these forums to know that. If you are not happy with how they work and what they release, why do you keep purchasing the DLCs? Did you expect them to all of a sudden change how they work with release 1.6?

To my recollection 70 days without at least a fix update for at least some of the reported issues is unusual -- maybe I'm being too charitable to think so. Regardless, we can advocate for what we expect for our money or give up and go away, never to trust Frontier enough to purchase from them again (and with no reason not to say so outside of Frontier-controlled forums) -- which of those is better for Frontier's bottom line?

Like I said, no offend. NO OFFEND [big grin] I am just sharing my opinion like you guys. C´mon its just a game and an amazing one. For me, I am totaly perfect with PC. And very confident it will become better in the future [yesnod]

Anything that people make their living on is never "just a game". But I wish I could have your confidence.

Last edited:
Anything that people make their living on is never "just a game". But I wish I could have your confidence.

Yeah I am glad I have it. And now I am done with this, I said what I wanted.

Anyway, I am going to Phantasialand tommorow having a blast with friends, and in the evening I will take a little chillout with planet coaster. Life can be sweet sometimes [heart]

And now, peace love and respect for you all. We all are passionate about this game. [heart]

I can see that you are bitter, disappointed, and maybe even mad, with how things seem to be going for you. However, fixing things is not as easy as some may think.

No I get that its not easy.. but.. I know they have fixed other colorable problems with things pretty quickly.. so how has one not been fixed in a year. .. Also.. Why wait 4 months to do an update along with the DLC. Why couldn't they have patched some stuff in between. . You seem to missing hte point that they Waited 4 months to patch the game at all, and still didn't fix much.

If Frontier really doesn't care about us the players, then why did we get 3 DLC in the past months? Why did we get free updates with new features such as hotels and some QoL improvements? Why are Frontier still interacting with us through livestreams, newsletters and social media? They definitely care about us, the players. I agree that there are things that can be improved and that there are things that could have been fixed by now, but stating that Frontier doesn't care about us, the players, is nonsense..

Why did we get 3 DLC's in the past months.. hmm because they make money off of it.. and this last one wasn't even what most people asked for. We got some backstage scenery to appease us, which is cool.. but the three rides were garbage. The Tower of terror? more lie overly complicated elevator. The drop on it is terrible an unexciting. but at least its not themed to sci fi or something and just a barebones which is good. But still.. not what the players are asking for. None of us asked for this studio stuff.. most of the requests are for more coasters and flat rides and even a chairlift.

Those livestreams... also a joke.. I stopped watching them anymore, newsletters are just rehashing the livestreams, again.. a joke. and social media.. again.. just retweets, and rehashing the livestreams and workshop stuff that I can see myself just by going to the workshop. I don't need an email to see that

They do not care about us anymore... Why hasn't anyone responded to anything in this thread at all. are they even reading it? probably not. If they did, they still wouldn't give us any sort of answers again falling back on their silence.. It's not nonsense at all... they could just come in and say Hey.. we know you guys are frustrated, we are sorry, we are working on things, bare with us, ... just you know.. acknowledge that they are in fact listening to our complaints.

No they instead on putting all their effort into Jurassic Park. A game that does look promising, but considerign how they treated the players of Planet Coaster, and the game itself as far as fixing things. No thank you. Thats why I say everyone should boycott the game. Show them how we feel with your wallet. SHow them we players are not going to set idle and just take leftovers

What frustrates me so much is that the game didn't used to be like this. It started otu great.. it started out they did actually listen, bugs were fixed for awhile we got answers, they talked to us. all of that has fallen away anymore and we are left with a game that is good but could be SOOO much better if they put passion back into it.. SO yeah I'm mad because they don't care about this game and what we want.

I was a Featured creator, I know for a fact that they asked us twice in the featured creator discord what WE wanted, not one of the things any of the featured creators asked for has made it into the game. So tell me.. what exactly are they listening to when they say they are listening to the players and they care about the players..

Something else I'm sick of is again.. all the cheerleaders of Frontier telling us to keep our problems quiet, don't talk bad about the game, don't bring forth issues that we have.. just stay quiet or play a different game.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying it, but I guarantee I probably have more hours in the game than any of you, you call us "whiners" or call our issues.. "Drama". As a player of RCT3 for over 12 years, with almost 3000hrs in this game, and as a theme park enthusiast, I see the issues the with the game everytime I play it. and when things go on and on and on without a fix, theres a problem somewhere.

Frontier are definitely listening. That doesn't mean that they have to let us know that they do. For example: Frontier has already added lots of features to the game because of requests of the community. Some features came in the form of DLC, but a lot of features came for free. Once again, I can see that you are disappointed with how things are going for you, but stating that Frontier isn't listening to us is simply not true.

See above.. The hotel system that was free.. is dumb, and doesn't address half the issues with guests complaining.. instead it just keeps them in the park longer so they complain about things more. It was half ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ implemented in my opinion... I am not saying we should get these huge updates for free.. I have no issue with paying for decent DLC. Spooky is my favorite by far.. Adventure was.. well.. better than Studios.. and the only thing worth it in Studios is a few oddball scenery pieces. The rides are terrible, and we didn't really ask for them. If they want to show they are listening to what we want in the game, then more foliage, flowers, trees, bushes, and more flatrides.. plus classic coasters like Swarzkopfs and such . this is the MOST REQUESTED stuff even on these forums.. not.. an slightly amusing elevator ride, or a robot arm, .. those are great to add, but.. the wrong timing for them, when people are asking for other things first.

And yes if they want to keep the players happy, they shoudl definitely talk to us more and show us they are listening, if they care about the community at all.. they would do this.

Something else I'm sick of is again.. all the cheerleaders of Frontier telling us to keep our problems quiet, don't talk bad about the game, don't bring forth issues that we have.. just stay quiet or play a different game.

Stop exaggerating things, the majority of posters in this thread defending Frontier are not 'cheerleaders' they're trying to make you see things from a realistic perspective. Being completely disrespectful in some of your comments to/about the devs (which you've done once more in the previous post) and some of the forum posters is not doing you any favours. No-one is stopping you saying negative things/bringing up issues and that's been explained numerous times before. It's when you start doing things like complaining for example in your bug report threads when you didn't get a reply for a couple of days then queried why there had been no reply for you to then follow up a few days after that going off on one ranting and raving about how the game was a disappointment.

The few in this thread that are going OTT with their views seem to have no problem getting their opinions across but when someone tries to explain things from their and Frontier's perspective you don't seem to like it and get all defensive. Whether some are trolling or just have completely unrealistic expectations, I'm still on the fence at this point...

Last edited:
This is starting to feel like intentional trolling from a couple of people. The most telling thing is that the people posting in support of the game are articulate and post well thought out replies. Those who seem against the game are...less so. It comes back around to my point before that this is a generational thing. The younger generation seem to have this attitude that life must resolve around them. They think the game should be one thing, they should be spoken to one way and, if it’s not that way, let’s just flame it with borderline nonsensical posts.

I’m all for having a meaningful debate - see the community divided thread - but this is just getting silly now. Somebody on that thread said the perfect thing about all this. On one side you have people happy with the game and happy with the updates, who know there are problems but accept the way things are and know they’ll be fixed with time. On the other side you have people like some above who bought the game with their own expectations and are now becoming upset / frustrated that the game is matching what they hoped.

Perhaps it’s time this thread was locked before a couple of people lose all the toys from their pram??

Top Bottom