Little worries

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I must say the game is looking more awesome with every update!!

Being critical as i am i do have a few doubts or worries which i hope will be taken care of before the game is being released or with updates later on. Being a RCT3 player im ofcourse a little spoiled with all the features in that game and it's expantions, still be believe my worries are about things that belong in the core game.

1. Custom buildings
I know we can create them, thats awesome news!! But there is no word yet if we ourself can import those custom pieces? It's said there will be a LOT of things to choose from but if i want to have a halloween theme for example i would really like to be able to import some halloween stuff. Is there any clear word about if this will be possible at the start or anywhere in the future?

2. Water rides
In one of the blogs it was said the game would not have water rights i believe. At least not from the start.
Now, im not asking for pools, slides and all the things RCT Soaked had, but a log flume or river rapids are things we can't go without. Nearly all parks have them and if PC will not have those it will be a major letdown.

3. Custom music
One of the blogs hinted or clearly confirmed the game will not support custom music. In my opinion this is a dealbreaker.
In real life a coaster consists of a coaster (which i believe will be in the game), a nice track (no worries here), good scenery (slightly worried when we can't import our own models) and fitting music! Especially if i want to re-create real rides the music is a need-to-have. I hope we can some clearification on this soon.

1. Custom buildings
I know we can create them, thats awesome news!! But there is no word yet if we ourself can import those custom pieces? It's said there will be a LOT of things to choose from but if i want to have a halloween theme for example i would really like to be able to import some halloween stuff. Is there any clear word about if this will be possible at the start or anywhere in the future?
The custom content (UGC) is a BIG question.
Nothing is confirmed for now, but they know this is one of the most (if not the most) important thing of the game.

I'm 100% sure they are working on it
(I even think the question was raised from the beginning of the project, because of RCT3)

2. Water rides
In one of the blogs it was said the game would not have water rights i believe. At least not from the start.
Now, im not asking for pools, slides and all the things RCT Soaked had, but a log flume or river rapids are things we can't go without. Nearly all parks have them and if PC will not have those it will be a major letdown.
Hmmm ... Nope. Water Rides are confirmed (but, like they said, in a small number).

In the last Q&A, they said that at least one is confirmed between Log Flume and River Rapids, if my memories are good but I'm pretty sure they are working on both (They know they are the two most important water rides)

3. Custom music
One of the blogs hinted or clearly confirmed the game will not support custom music. In my opinion this is a dealbreaker.
In real life a coaster consists of a coaster (which i believe will be in the game), a nice track (no worries here), good scenery (slightly worried when we can't import our own models) and fitting music! Especially if i want to re-create real rides the music is a need-to-have. I hope we can some clearification on this soon.
I 100% agree.

Music (like any other custom content) should be importable.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
The custom content (UGC) is a BIG question.
Nothing is confirmed for now, but they know this is one of the most (if not the most) important thing of the game.

I'm 100% sure they are working on it
(I even think the question was raised from the beginning of the project, because of RCT3)

Hmmm ... Nope. Water Rides are confirmed (but, like they said, in a small number).

In the last Q&A, they said that at least one is confirmed between Log Flume and River Rapids, if my memories are good but I'm pretty sure they are working on both (They know they are the two most important water rides)

I 100% agree.

Music (like any other custom content) should be importable.

Im glad to hear some water rides are confirmed now!! Most important thing is, if 1 get's confirmed then (probably) more can follow.

As far as the music and importing custom stuff, i hope they will give some clearification about it soon.

Besides those point's i think the game looks VERY promising :D I really wonder about the number of flatrides.

Putting your own music into the game is a deal breaker? So you wont buy this game if you cant put your own music on your rollercoaster?

Wow...

Putting your own music into the game is a deal breaker? So you wont buy this game if you cant put your own music on your rollercoaster?

Wow...
Not only on coaster, but everywhere.

Anyway, since music is part of custom content, then ... I guess it's, at least, a very big key feature.
So, even if the term "deal breaker" is a bit exaggerated (though, probably not for everyone btw), It's something I clearly can understand.

The things that some expect, are different for everyone. [yesnod]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Not only on coaster, but everywhere.

Anyway, since music is part of custom content, then ... I guess it's, at least, a very big key feature.
So, even if the term "deal breaker" is a bit exaggerated (though, probably not for everyone btw), It's something I clearly can understand.

The things that some expect, are different for everyone. [yesnod]

I think you summed it up nicely ;)

Using the term "deal breaker" might have been a little on the heavy side, and i will probably end up buying the game anyway.
But as Angelis stated it's a very important feature. Having custum content can make the difference of making "a" park or making "my" park :)
I think custom music is mandatory when it comes to being able to create "my" park. Especially when it comes to things like Darkrides where you want different music for different scenes.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. It's Frontier. They came up with the idea of having custom music in the parks in RCT3. They are obviously going to put it in, it's not hard to implement. Stop getting so worried over everything guys :p

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I'm just going to go on record and say I'm not in need of UGC right this second. I think the building tool we are getting is very powerful and should there be base parts and things I don't think it will be hard to create whatever we desire.

I'm just going to go on record and say I'm not in need of UGC right this second. I think the building tool we are getting is very powerful and should there be base parts and things I don't think it will be hard to create whatever we desire.
I not agree !

The building tool can be as powerful as you want, if you dont have the good pieces that you need to create the building/scenery you have in mind, well ... you are blocked.

But since this has been said many times in 92136 different threads (approximately), I will not reopen the debate here [big grin]

Well don't forget this is clearly still in the ALPHA stage. (not to be mean though) Maybe they will add it in after wards but, this is the "first" game, so to speak, like this from Frontier to be made like this. While some might object and say Thrillville was their first, that game was severely limited at points. (still loved the game though) Now hoping they are not reintroducing "power limits" again, this will open better customization with the rides themselves. Yet, keep in mind that RTC3 was developed by MANY people and given a lot of attention to those details. But, I do believe being able to not have the custom music in this game will definitely be made up for.

Let's be honest. It's Frontier. They came up with the idea of having custom music in the parks in RCT3. They are obviously going to put it in, it's not hard to implement. Stop getting so worried over everything guys :p
Pretty sure that you were able to play copyrighted- I mean "custom" music long before Frontier took over the franchise.
RCT1/2 Had a good soundtrack.
[video=youtube;yM7z2S5R4G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM7z2S5R4G8&index=14&list=PL62977758D84B4542[/video]
[video=youtube;bXwgbggu7Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwgbggu7Is&index=27&list=PL62977758D84B4542[/video]
I'll be happy as long as they're not as overproduced as those in RCT3.

Let's hope we'll have confirmation of UGC, custom music and pricing policy for the future soon. It will really change the value of the game. What I like the most for this kind of game is the ability to make the park I dream, so more options = a lot more fun game.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

Well, at the beginning i wasn't worried as i tought it would be such a core feature.

I only started to worry once Frontier confirmed it was not in at that point of time.

Look at what UCG did for RCT3. It allowed players to create some amazing things. UCG is without a doubt a must have.

UGC is nice but I can live without it. If you're going to hope too much on UGC and Frontier doesn't make it, it can be disappointing.

I dont even know how I can make the park I have in mind without UGC in fact [shocked]
I mean, I can make a park without, but not my park.

Scenery objects in the queues, via the menu holders, to the park's logo ...
There are dozens and dozens of things I do not know how it would be possible to do without. [blah]

But yes, we can live without for sure. [up]
We can live without many things if we go that way.

We can live without the modular building tool too, with simples prefabs, it's enough to play,
We can live without the spline coaster tool, like the old days with the already made track pieces,
We can live without the voxel editor, I mean, it's less fun but we can make a park on a flat terrain,
Etc...

UGC is nice but I can live without it. If you're going to hope too much on UGC and Frontier doesn't make it, it can be disappointing.

Indeed, it would be a very big disapointment if there's no UGC support in this game. It would be fun, but the replay value would be so much less. And the incredible parks some have made in RCT3 would be impossible to create.

Let's not run before we can walk! This game is still in its early development and we are being given Early Access long before the game reaches its final release at the end of the year. That is still 10 months away, if it were to be released in time for Christmas, which is a good time to get maximum sales.

Between Early Release and Final Release, we will be getting many updates, some probably having more content than others. These will consist of extra themes, flat rides, coasters, scenery items and many more additions to bring the game up to something like what RCT3 was when first released.

Frontier have already stated that they want this game to be ongoing for quite a while into the future, so that tells us that it will end up something like what RCT3 did, after both expansion packs were released. That was a couple of years after the core game came out.

At about that time, UGC was available, which has enabled RCT3 to grow into what it is today and look what has been achieved with that game, when you look on youtube.

RCT3 was and still is a great game, but like me, is getting very old. Frontier are now working on it's successor, with the new Planet Coaster. This is the game we have all been waiting for, for the past 10 years or more. Rome wasn't built in a day and Planet Coaster won't be built in a day. There is a long road ahead for Planet Coaster, so let's not jump the gun and expect Frontier to give us everything from the beginning. It isn't going to happen. It will take many years from now to have everything in the game that RCT3 has to offer, and I am sure at the end of the day, we will get UGC for Planet Coaster, but in a more controlled way, so that any new content can be regulated to work properly and be available from one place, rather than searching the internet to find where to get it from.

That was one of the downsides of UGC for RCT3. There was no proper control for obtaining it, it was being uploaded all over the place and sometimes files were corrupt and quite a lot of them had to be placed manually inside the game folders, with no proper instructions of where to place them. Plus they came in many different file formats like winzip. winrar and 7z files, making everything rather complicated to use for anyone who like me, dosen't know his leg from his elbow. [haha]

I don't think Frontier are against allowing UGC, but it needs to be thought out and contained and controlled properly, by either something like Steam Workshop or Frontiers own site, where every piece of UGC can be found and installed from the same place (bug free) safely and correctly into the game.

Yes this is going to be the game we have all been waiting for and yes it is going to be a long time in the making, to get everything. We just need to be patient and let time take its course. There is nothing more I would like, than to be able to have all the rides and coasters from RCT3 and maybe some more advanced rides, but it's not going to happen all at once. There is a hell of a lot of work involved in just creating a wooden coaster for instance, as Sam explained in his Q&A session.

"The Wooden Coaster, is a bit more complicated to create and we are taking our time with this because we want to create something special, that we know you will not be disappointed with."

That alone shows how much dedication is being put into this game.

Let's just be thankful that Frontier are the ones who are giving us this game and that they had the foresight to realise that the time was now, to do something about it. Frontier have gained a massive following with this game and they are passionately creating something we have never seen in this sort of game before. So lets not get too ambitious just yet, let's leave it with Frontier, I'm sure they have thought long and hard over this game and what everyone expects from it and I am sure at the end of the day, Frontier will get it right and deliver.

Can I get of my soapbox now [where is it]

Granddad! [yesnod]

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I dont even know how I can make the park I have in mind without UGC in fact [shocked]
I mean, I can make a park without, but not my park.

Scenery objects in the queues, via the menu holders, to the park's logo ...
There are dozens and dozens of things I do not know how it would be possible to do without. [blah]

But yes, we can live without for sure. [up]
We can live without many things if we go that way.

We can live without the modular building tool too, with simples prefabs, it's enough to play,
We can live without the spline coaster tool, like the old days with the already made track pieces,
We can live without the voxel editor, I mean, it's less fun but we can make a park on a flat terrain,
Etc...

Once again i have to agree with you.

My main pleasure was never to just build a good functioning park or complete all scenario's. If that was the case i could have done without too many custum things indeed.
My main pleasure was always creating MY park. And for that custom stuff is needed.

No doubts that Frontier will make beautifull stuff and i will be very happy with it. But you cant expect a company to make like 50 themes and include them all in the game. (Halloween, snow, western, etc etc) I know rontier won't do that and im not even expecting it as it's impossible to do.

I just hope they allow US to do it then, as it can pretty much boost the longlivity of the game. Just take a look at RCT3, the game has been over 10 years old and scenery is being made to THIS day, that pretty much sums up how important it is :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom