IMPORTANT: Update 1.6.2

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks everyone for the continued feedback regarding Planet Coaster.

In the case of Rudi Rennkamel’s issue; yes, he did indeed ask other players and members of his Discord to report the issue at Frontier Support by means of creating a support ticket. He did so after I advised him to do so.

Like everyone else, I too hope that Frontier will soon be able to fix the long ongoing issues and bugs with the game.

Thnx Luuknoord. This style of posting is far more constructive! Really appreciate you are trying to change your way of posting. Keep in mind that the critical people here, are very passionate about this game too. We all see that Frontier has gold in hands with Planet Coaster, therefore it’s very pitty they don’t polish this gold... I don’t care when things are fixed, but about a bit of communication / customer support THAT things will be fixed future. For me personally, this has to do with broken things, not with whislists.

Now I experience very less to zero communication. When we are lucky we get one QA response per day. And most of the time these are only merging or moving topics, or a ‘we investigate / consider’ reply. And after that, you don’t hear about it anymore...

If all the urgent bugs were fixed, the game would be perfect for me. Even if no future update or DLC is coming. So the argument that critical people are angry because they don’t get coasters / rides / themes they want, isn’t always true.
We are dissapointed to experience that bugreporting looks if it is a waste of time.

So let Frontier hear our voices! I can’t imagine that Bo, Ed or Will are happy with this situation. Where are they? Frontier promissed to support this game as long as possible... I think it is still possible to earn money right now with support.

Thnx Luuknoord. This style of posting is far more constructive! Really appreciate you are trying to change your way of posting. Keep in mind that the critical people here, are very passionate about this game too. We all see that Frontier has gold in hands with Planet Coaster, therefore it’s very pitty they don’t polish this gold... I don’t care when things are fixed, but about a bit of communication / customer support THAT things will be fixed future. For me personally, this has to do with broken things, not with whislists.

Now I experience very less to zero communication. When we are lucky we get one QA response per day. And most of the time these are only merging or moving topics, or a ‘we investigate / consider’ reply. And after that, you don’t hear about it anymore...

If all the urgent bugs were fixed, the game would be perfect for me. Even if no future update or DLC is coming. So the argument that critical people are angry because they don’t get coasters / rides / themes they want, isn’t always true.
We are dissapointed to experience that bugreporting looks if it is a waste of time.

So let Frontier hear our voices! I can’t imagine that Bo, Ed or Will are happy with this situation. Where are they? Frontier promissed to support this game as long as possible... I think it is still possible to earn money right now with support.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.
[up]

I just thought last night that we have a mutual goal to achieve, and there is no need for hostility here. [up]

Would love to hear from Frontier what their plans concerning PC are.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.
[up]

I just thought last night that we have a mutual goal to achieve, and there is no need for hostility here. [up]

Would love to hear from Frontier what their plans concerning PC are.

I concur, and I appreciate these responses as well. :)

There is indeed no need for hostility; I think that our common goal is that Planet Coaster becomes even more enjoyable to the best it possibly can be. [up]

I too would love to hear from Frontier what their plans are for Planet Coaster, and I would also love to get more communication from Frontier regarding the ongoing hot topics and frustrations on the forums. Frontier doesn't have to tell us everything, but at least some feedback from the developer's side regarding hot topics about Planet Coaster, and issues that players are experiencing with Planet Coaster. I think that such feedback from the developer's side would be greatly appreciated. :)

Completely agree... A little bit of commu ication goes a long way. I don't need a exact date. I don't need a reply that tells me what the next dlc is. I would however like a little feedback. And I don't need a "we hear you" reply that has no feeling behind it as well. But actual communication like we used to get. Thats what I want to see. Early teases would be nice. Remember when they used to do that like a month in advance.. Instead of a day before release. It got my mouth watering for the next planco update. Really excited for it.

I know I seem angry.. (well. I am.. But thats besides the point) I know I may seem hostile.. and apparently some people think I troll.. but more and more people are seeing things the way I do. And more and more people are speaking up.

I am extremely passionate about this game. I guarantee I have more hours in this game than anyone else here. Its why I see so many issues. When someone tells me to be quiet.. Or thats a non issue you are basically saying I'm an idiot or wrong when I know I am not. The prestige systems.. Guest behavior. Camera movement. The crashes... The advanced move tool. The changes on scenery items. All things that are issues that at some point someone here has told me thats not a problem. Its hugely frustrating.

The best planco updates and support we had was before JWE was announced. Thats when things went downhill. All support from Frontier pretty much went downhill. After that. They are rarely active in these forums anymore. When someone does come in to say something it feels so dry and void of any actual caring than whats the point.

I just want the game to be more polished. Not just playable. And I think everyone here can agree with that sentiment. Even if you think "it's fine". You have to see that others are having issues and you should want the game to work as it should.

I don't care what frontiers visionfor the game was. I just want a game that I can enjoy for another 3000 hrs without wanting to throw it through a wall. I want to be excited again for content.

I am hoping that after JWE is done the core team comes back to Planco to fix it. I am hoping that the next dlc includes things the community has actually asked for and not done in some half done manner. Example hotels. And I hope that they start listening to us instead of just saying they do.

Even if we don't get any more dlc. Patches are more important than anything else currently

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Completely agree... A little bit of commu ication goes a long way. I don't need a exact date. I don't need a reply that tells me what the next dlc is. I would however like a little feedback. And I don't need a "we hear you" reply that has no feeling behind it as well. But actual communication like we used to get. Thats what I want to see. Early teases would be nice. Remember when they used to do that like a month in advance.. Instead of a day before release. It got my mouth watering for the next planco update. Really excited for it.

I know I seem angry.. (well. I am.. But thats besides the point) I know I may seem hostile.. and apparently some people think I troll.. but more and more people are seeing things the way I do. And more and more people are speaking up.

I am extremely passionate about this game. I guarantee I have more hours in this game than anyone else here. Its why I see so many issues. When someone tells me to be quiet.. Or thats a non issue you are basically saying I'm an idiot or wrong when I know I am not. The prestige systems.. Guest behavior. Camera movement. The crashes... The advanced move tool. The changes on scenery items. All things that are issues that at some point someone here has told me thats not a problem. Its hugely frustrating.

The best planco updates and support we had was before JWE was announced. Thats when things went downhill. All support from Frontier pretty much went downhill. After that. They are rarely active in these forums anymore. When someone does come in to say something it feels so dry and void of any actual caring than whats the point.

I just want the game to be more polished. Not just playable. And I think everyone here can agree with that sentiment. Even if you think "it's fine". You have to see that others are having issues and you should want the game to work as it should.

I don't care what frontiers visionfor the game was. I just want a game that I can enjoy for another 3000 hrs without wanting to throw it through a wall. I want to be excited again for content.

I am hoping that after JWE is done the core team comes back to Planco to fix it. I am hoping that the next dlc includes things the community has actually asked for and not done in some half done manner. Example hotels. And I hope that they start listening to us instead of just saying they do.

Even if we don't get any more dlc. Patches are more important than anything else currently

Thanks Shadow! This shows that while you seem very hostile at some times, it really is passion that drives you to post this kind of feedback and comments here on the forums. [up]

Completely agree... A little bit of commu ication goes a long way. I don't need a exact date. I don't need a reply that tells me what the next dlc is. I would however like a little feedback. And I don't need a "we hear you" reply that has no feeling behind it as well. But actual communication like we used to get.

Hmmm. Devs haven't posted here (other than announcements) since very early days, when all they got was complaints from a highly vocal minority. That was long ago and I've killed many brain cells since then, so I can't remember which side of that you were on, or if you were even here then. But anyway, the complainers and trolls ran the devs off long ago and they're never coming back, so give this up. A simple "your issue is noted" is the best we can expect, so deal with it.

I disagree. The reason I hardly ever post in this forum is the same reason why the devs don't post here. Nearly every post is a whine, a rant, or a troll. And everything positive is shouted down by "you're just a fanboy" or "yeah, that's OK but it would be better if PC had X feature so you wouldn't have to do Y to compensate."

And I'm by far not the only person to come to this conclusion and leave for less toxic fora. So, over time, all the players who are happy just to have what they've got have dropped out of this forum, and all that's left is the trolls, whiners, and complainers. So yeah, over time, your opinions become more of a majority view, but only due to the process of elimination.

I am extremely passionate about this game. I guarantee I have more hours in this game than anyone else here.

I'll give you a pass on the 1st point as I'm still undecided whether you're one of the complaining trolls or not, but I highly, highly doubt the 2nd of your points.

I will, however, put this target up for you to shoot at..... How many folks in the recent 200K Workshop video have you ever seen post here? Those folks are passionate enough about the game to make such great stuff, yet they're not whining and complaining all the time. They take what the game gives them and do wonders. And there are countless others who've contributed to that 200K total whom you've never, ever heard of or seen post anywhere, and much of their stuff is brilliant, too. Strange you think the game needs so much improvement and yet these other folks are going on without complaint.

And guess what? That's totally natural. If you knew anything about the game industry, you'd know this. Every game release represents a huge sunk cost in pre-release dev time. And once the game hits the market, it only has a limited shelf life before it stops selling enough to notice. If you're a LUCKY dev, these sales make enough to cover the debts incurred during development and make a bit of a profit. But that's ALL you ever get. Subsequent DLC sales are never enough to keep the lights on. So the devs have to move on to other projects.

It makes no difference at all to the devs whether you as an individual think an earlier game is the best thing since canned beer and hate their new project. You are but 1 bit of data in global stream and it's that stream than dictates what devs do. And the devs have bills to pay, which they can only do by selling a new product and riding its short-term wave of popularity.

That's life. Welcome to the real world. Start dealing with it. Which for starters means, enjoy what you have, be thankful PC is as good as it is, and accept that it's probably all it's ever going to be. Maybe a minor tweak here and there, maybe some more DLCs, maybe even a PC2 someday, but for the most part, what you see is all you're likely to get. Just enjoy the game. If you spent as much time building stuff as you do complaining, not only would you have more fun, but this forum wouldn't be as toxic.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely no reason why I have to.. "get used to it" The forums are here for people to discuss their opinion.. thats what a "Forum" is. Just because you are happy with it.. doesn't mean the rest of us have to be content with and give up. And you are dead wrong.. there are plenty of people unhappy about the way the game is.. which you see as whiners and complainers. If anyone here is a troll. it is you my friend. Why don't you go to your side of the fence.. and The rest of us who disagree with "Dealing with it" will stay on ours. If you don't want to be here and listen to people complain about the game and the bugs and how Frontier is not listening to us.. why don't you just leave then because we certainly don't need your type of feedback telling people to just forget about it and go on.. I love how you seem to think that your opinion is the right one and that theres nothing wrong with the game at all and you are just happy to have it.. and that there only seems to be a small hand full of people are who just as you say whining and trolling. When I'm the one on Youtube and twitch who hears other complaints from lots of other people other than myself. As for more hours... show me anyone else with more than 3000 hours in this game. I doubt you will find many. Those 200k items ion the workshop.. that's laughable.. how many of those are actually noteworthy. I literally see 1000s and 1000s of things copied from other people, unfinished, or just a ride with a bush or something attached to it. As for the others that put so much time into it like myself. Yes.. they are complaining too. DO you even watch any youtube videos of of most of thee guys.. Everyone is complaining.. Everyone is coming around to the fact that the game needs a QOL update and fast more so than anything else. We don't need more DLC right now, we need a patch that fixes the issues that you seem to think don't exist.

By the way Bullethead. At this point I'm doing something I haven't done ever on any forum. I'm clicking the ignore user button on you. So ... adios amigo. Now I don't have to listen to your toxic trolling.

Last edited:
I have to say.

There are probably more people here who press the ignore button. I hope you do realize:

- You will miss parts of a discussion (also more important parts).
- For you probably only people who agree will be left and thus it will look like the entire forum agrees with everything you say.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hi again,

Please quit the hostility, the accusing others of being trolls, stating opinions as if it were facts and the overall discussion of each other instead of the game. We’ve had enough of this.

Thanks!

Top Bottom