Update 1.10.2

Where do I find the game settings in steam??? I don't think that is the problem, all other updates no problem

Right click the game in steam, go to properties.

Maybe there are more games that are being updated. Maybe you started the game before the download started.

So far so good, compared to what it was before the update (atleast on my system).

Next step: we'll test the new limits :D

Right click the game in steam, go to properties.

Maybe there are more games that are being updated. Maybe you started the game before the download started.

Problem solved, I just started the game again, update installed. Loading very fast en closing without crashing.

Thank you for the fixes!

Nothing huge has changed for me, aside from a slightly faster Cobra screen and the item menus loading a bit quicker. But I wasn't having any real issues anyway.

Night and day speed difference (as far a loading issues). I was to the title globe in about 30-45 seconds! I only have about a dozen TMT objects, but the icon ribbon was instant. Even up until yesterday, the icon ribbon for the TMT objects loaded blank boxes initially, then filled a few at a time. Also, when installing my own TMT objects, the refresh time to bring it in, is twice as fast. So far so great.

Last edited:
SIGNIFICANT performance improvement, FPS better across the board, even outperforming 1.6 which was my benchmark!

Park Tested: American Celebration Resort (very large, 2018-02 version)

1.61.10.11.10.2Comments
COBRA screen28s35s14sWOW!
Load from My Parks4:134:274:13
Lag until full FPS after park appears31s21s0Menus also quite responsive
FPS when paused22-2418-2224-26Building will be fun again
FPS unpaused, empty park, rides closed16-2213-1721-25
FPS unpaused, empty, rides open14-2013-1817-26
FPS with 100 guests15-2012-1717-23
FPS with 1000 guests12-1710-1417-21So much better

Also, it's interesting to see that once you load the first park, loading additional parks is even faster. My current version of American Celebration used to take over 9 minutes to load. Now the first load is a little over 6 minutes and, crazy as it sounds, loading this big park after loading another park cuts the load time down to 3:19. AMAZING!!! Obviously, some duplicate startup steps were eliminated during park loading. Very smart!

Thank you Frontier for all your hard work. It is great to have last summer's game back!

Last edited:
Thank you. I haven't tested myself but the replies with the time charts is positive!

EDIT:
I wonder if there's been any changes or improvements to the TMT website?

Wow - what an improvement - now getting 40-44/50 FPS in biggest parks - thank you so much - so smooth now. Will now subscribe to the TMT and see how that goes - thanks again - BEST GAME EVER - and sincerely appreciate you guys and girls, regards G

Loading times have greatly improved and toolkit items load almost instantly. Thank you!! [big grin]
Loading of tmtk items has improved to almost no wait. load times hasnt really changed too much, i just watch youtube while it loads, The more tmtk items the slower the loading of blueprint and scenery tabs.

Chante' and Paul please tell them to keep up the good work because whatever they did helped the speed and optimization even just a little.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
-Now that I've been able to get in the game more the Cobra screen didn't take 5 mins it was on the main screen in a blink of an eye (yay)

-When I exit PC it still crashes asking me to submit a report. It's not a big deal for me since I'm already exited from the game. I just wanted to tell you as an FYI.

-When I'm in a park I can tell the difference it's much quicker in my ways.

[happy]Thank you for all the time you put into this. I'm sure it was a ton. [happy]​

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Good to see this update has helped most of you! Just a reminder that if you aren't seeing any improvement following the update to let our team know in the bug report forums. It can sometimes be tricky to identify why something works for one computer set up and not another, so the more information you can share with the QA team the more information they have to work with [happy]

YES !!!
No problem with loading-time , and FPS have , a bit , increased for my heavy park , from 1FPS to 10......not enough....but it's a little step !
Thanks

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Can't believe how quick loading the game is from around 10 minutes to about 1.5 - 2 mins.

LOVE the fact that it doesn't take ages to load my Thememaker objects I'm subscribed to.

AND BEST OF ALL!!!

No crashing when you exit Planet Coaster!!!! :kingcoaster: [up][up][up]

Thanks also from my side! I luckily didnt have huge technical issues before, no crashes etc... But still I feel the faster loading time during the Cobra Screen. The park loading is not much faster, but was good before already. Ingame I have 3-4 fps more speed in paused mode in my DK park, and unpaused it also feels smoother.
The loading of the scenery and tmt tab is defenitely faster, no slow build up of the scenery icons anymore... And also the shutdown is extremely fast, that felt almost unreal now for the first time, as this was so slow before! Thank you so much Frontier! Alot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

Planet Coaster still causes Steam to crash when it closes. I don't care though, it has always done that to me.

OMG! Thank you!

Frontier Development,

I would like to express my gratitude for this update. You have made this game much easier to access and work in. This for me makes the game all that more enjoyable. No more waiting to start the game. No more crashing when exiting. No more waiting minutes to have the building tabs open or when you are switching between Building and Scenery! Awesome job! Keep up the great work!

I was so excited, that I even created a little YouTube review of the update:
[video=youtube_share;jj8QRA3xWSE]https://youtu.be/jj8QRA3xWSE[/video]

ENJOY!

Thanks also from my side! I luckily didnt have huge technical issues before, no crashes etc... But still I feel the faster loading time during the Cobra Screen. The park loading is not much faster, but was good before already. Ingame I have 3-4 fps more speed in paused mode in my DK park, and unpaused it also feels smoother.
The loading of the scenery and tmt tab is defenitely faster, no slow build up of the scenery icons anymore... And also the shutdown is extremely fast, that felt almost unreal now for the first time, as this was so slow before! Thank you so much Frontier! Alot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

Cork, I wonder if you'll notice the same improvement as me when loading your big park as the second park. In other words, open a park, then open your slow-load park. It seems like they've eliminated some of the startup tasks that were probably redundant after the first park was loaded. It's crazy-fast now.

Top Bottom