Sub-Zero Super Parks Competition!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey coaster pals!
It's getting darker outside, the trees are losing their leaves, warming fires are being lit and the cold breath of winter is upon us! It's time to get FESTIVE!

b5111b84-050e-11e9-8eb2-f2801f1b9fd1.jpg

To celebrate the release of the new Magnificent Rides Collection, the Thememaker’s Toolkit and the end to another great year, we ask you to send us your best winter themed, sub-zero super parks!

That’s right, send us your whole park filled with winter-related items and we will choose our favourite four to showcase during our evening stream on Wednesday 30 January 2019 over on our YouTube channel!

The YouTube stream chat will be able to cast their vote and the winner will receive all Planet Coaster Packs of their choice and a Planet Coaster goodie bag!

The three runners-up will receive one Planet Coaster Pack of their choice.

We want to celebrate our incredibly talented community and kick off 2019 in the best way possible, so we simply can’t think of a better way to do it!

Upload your park to the Steam Workshop and send us a link at community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line 'Sub-Zero Super Parks Competition.'

Terms and Conditions:
  • You only officially enter the competition when you have submitted your park blueprint to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject link: 'Sub-Zero Super Parks Competiton'.
  • All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, 23 January 2019 at 7PM UTC.
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • Parks featuring IP content not belonging to Frontier Developments will be disqualified.
  • The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff, who will pick their top four entries.
  • The winners will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • The winners have 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • The Universal Content Packs (The Munsters, Back to the Future, and Knight Rider) are excluded from the prize pack.
  • Frontier employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.

Can't wait to see all the awesome parks! Happy holidays, everybody!
- Chanté [yesnod][heart]

I would like to build a park but unfortunately the Thememaker Toolkit Update and now the Magnificent Rides DLC made the game unplayable to me - the game freezes all the time. I hope for a fix, soon. I bought all the DLCs so far but if I can't play the game during the holiday season it might be the last DLC for me.

Please at least give answer to us if you guys are on it to fix it. The problem exists for weeks now (since Themekaer Toolkit Update) and worsened (at least for me) since the Magnificent Rides Update. I understand that it might not be very easy to find bugs like this and problems can happen all the time - no worries. I also understand that all the people at Frontier work very hard. But a week old problem getting even worse is the end of the line for me. Please at least communicate with us.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
I would like to build a park but unfortunately the Thememaker Toolkit Update and now the Magnificent Rides DLC made the game unplayable to me - the game freezes all the time. I hope for a fix, soon. I bought all the DLCs so far but if I can't play the game during the holiday season it might be the last DLC for me.

Please at least give answer to us if you guys are on it to fix it. The problem exists for weeks now (since Themekaer Toolkit Update) and worsened (at least for me) since the Magnificent Rides Update. I understand that it might not be very easy to find bugs like this and problems can happen all the time - no worries. I also understand that all the people at Frontier work very hard. But a week old problem getting even worse is the end of the line for me. Please at least communicate with us.

We have stated many times on social media, the forums and livestreams that our team have been working on fixes since the TMT release and the Magnificent Rides Collection featured stability patches to help with that. Many people have reported that the game is now playable again. We have asked people to send reports over to tech to help them work on the issue, so please do that if you haven't already. The more people that report their problem to our team, the easier it will be for them to find a fix!

We have done that but now it is the holidays and QA-Mitch just posted that they will not be addressing anything further until January so I'm not sure what else we can do. Happy Holidays anyway. The new rides are beautiful. It is unfortunate that some players still cannot use them in their parks though [sad]

Well, not everybody leaves thier info on the forums, other than "it's not working".

Hardly no-one posts his DXdiag, so analysing is very difficult.

Only a select few (like yourself) post more info which could help in any direction. But maybe it's not enough.

My first startup yesterday took ages till the moment I closed the game. The 2nd time it ran without issues. Opened my map I'm working on in 5 minutes (and for me that is quite fast.)

I guess they really want to help, but they need some help to know where to look.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
We have done that but now it is the holidays and QA-Mitch just posted that they will not be addressing anything further until January so I'm not sure what else we can do. Happy Holidays anyway. The new rides are beautiful. It is unfortunate that some players still cannot use them in their parks though [sad]

Have you tried everything that they have recommended? If so, January isn't so far away! We can't wait for you to play the collection and we are working on a fix for you!

Yes we have. And thanks but I am off work for two weeks so January is kinda late since I was hoping to spend the holidays working on my park. Oops. Ha ha

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
We have stated many times on social media, the forums and livestreams that our team have been working on fixes since the TMT release and the Magnificent Rides Collection featured stability patches to help with that. Many people have reported that the game is now playable again. We have asked people to send reports over to tech to help them work on the issue, so please do that if you haven't already. The more people that report their problem to our team, the easier it will be for them to find a fix!

Yes, and you (Frontier) have stated that work on fixes will continue in ... January. I just paid money to not be able to play anymore. [shocked]

So far I was always on Frontier's side and understood very well, that certain problems do exist and we just have to wait for things. Fair enough.[big grin] People work hard to find a fix - I also understand that but then publishing a DLC (in complex games like PlanCo normally there are always new bugs with new DLC which is okay because they'll get patched out) so shortly before holiday season might not be such a good idea. Publishing last week would have been better. I am not complaining about that however, but I think in future reserving more time for bugfixing would be ... helpful (even if it was published on Tuesday time would have been short).

And as you said yourself: the problem exists since TMT release (a couple of weeks in the past) and since Magnificent Rides DLC it became worse, not better (at least on my end).

Again, I understand that people at Frontier work hard and that they themselves want a fix as soon as possible. As mentioned before I also understand that it is very hard to find a solution in such a complex game with probably millions of code lines. I understand that it takes time. But on your end please also understand that it obviously doesn't have to do much with our computers as the game ran very well before TMT. I would happily go back to a game version before TMT but as I understand this is not possible.

I'd wish that there was a solution before the holidays so that this issue wouldn't spook around in our and the Devs heads during the holidays. I just hope for a fix in January. And by the way, yes, I did everything Frontier recommended. Happy holidays everybody

• Like (+1)

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Yes, and you (Frontier) have stated that work on fixes will continue in ... January. I just paid money to not be able to play anymore. [shocked]

So far I was always on Frontier's side and understood very well, that certain problems do exist and we just have to wait for things. Fair enough.[big grin] People work hard to find a fix - I also understand that but then publishing a DLC (in complex games like PlanCo normally there are always new bugs with new DLC which is okay because they'll get patched out) so shortly before holiday season might not be such a good idea. Publishing last week would have been better. I am not complaining about that however, but I think in future reserving more time for bugfixing would be ... helpful (even if it was published on Tuesday time would have been short).

And as you said yourself: the problem exists since TMT release (a couple of weeks in the past) and since Magnificent Rides DLC it became worse, not better (at least on my end).

Again, I understand that people at Frontier work hard and that they themselves want a fix as soon as possible. As mentioned before I also understand that it is very hard to find a solution in such a complex game with probably millions of code lines. I understand that it takes time. But on your end please also understand that it obviously doesn't have to do much with our computers as the game ran very well before TMT. I would happily go back to a game version before TMT but as I understand this is not possible.

I'd wish that there was a solution before the holidays so that this issue wouldn't spook around in our and the Devs heads during the holidays. I just hope for a fix in January. And by the way, yes, I did everything Frontier recommended. Happy holidays everybody

We thank you for your continued support and also appreciate you have tried everything you can to make your game run properly again. It's a shame that the fixes released in the Magnificent Rides Collection didn't benefit you and we understand how frustrating that can be. It's also a shame that these problems have arose over the holiday season when many people would have had time to play. However, our team has been working very hard on a fix and there will be one with you very soon. We have a whole team dedicated to fixing bugs, so it's not a time related issue, it's more complexity related. It does also relate to individual PCs as it depends on various factors, so finding a fix for everybody has been difficult, which is why I asked you to send a report so they can learn what specs you have.
On behalf of Frontier, I wish you happy holidays too and hopefully we will have good news for you regarding the bug very soon after the new year! [yesnod]

• Like (+1)
We thank you for your continued support and also appreciate you have tried everything you can to make your game run properly again. It's a shame that the fixes released in the Magnificent Rides Collection didn't benefit you and we understand how frustrating that can be. It's also a shame that these problems have arose over the holiday season when many people would have had time to play. However, our team has been working very hard on a fix and there will be one with you very soon. We have a whole team dedicated to fixing bugs, so it's not a time related issue, it's more complexity related. It does also relate to individual PCs as it depends on various factors, so finding a fix for everybody has been difficult, which is why I asked you to send a report so they can learn what specs you have.
On behalf of Frontier, I wish you happy holidays too and hopefully we will have good news for you regarding the bug very soon after the new year! [yesnod]

I think a huge issue is that Sam explicitly said in one of the live streams that the issue had been fixed and would be rolled out with the latest update, so for people to still have the same issue, or in a lot of cases, have it even worse than before 1.10 is pretty disappointing. On top of it, I feel like I haven't seen anyone say "everything is fixed and my game is running exactly the same way it was before the 1.9 update", some have reported that the loading times to get into the game is now a bit better but that seems to be it. The in-game lag has not been fixed for anyone that experienced it with the 1.9 update from what I've seen. There may be other places where people have said that it's fixed, but certainly not on the forums or on facebook/twitter, so saying that seems pretty weird.

I really think it's pretty bad to have a contest like this when a large number of people can't even play the game. Especially when the bug is heavily related to big parks, and this contest is about big parks...

I think a huge issue is that Sam explicitly said in one of the live streams that the issue had been fixed (snip)...

Sam did not say it was fixed. He said that they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

Unfortunately, many on this forum read other peoples random thoughts and speculation and then report it later as fact.

Sam did not say it was fixed. He said that they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

Unfortunately, many on this forum read other peoples random thoughts and speculation and then report it later as fact.

He did 100% say they had fixed the issue and it would come out with the update. Not that they were working on it, he said that they had found the issue and fixed it.

He did 100% say they had fixed the issue and it would come out with the update. Not that they were working on it, he said that they had found the issue and fixed it.

Go to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHp-Oenr0o

At 14:30, Sam does say fixed, (you are correct) but then they both sort of backpedal and say, well, working on it. I think the bigger issue here is that everyone has different computer capabilities, and they might be stuck on the solution, as a number of people have reported the bug fixed, while others (including myself) still have the issue.

To bring this back on topic, I had a question. Does the park have to include any of the rides from the new pack?

Go to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHp-Oenr0o

At 14:30, Sam does say fixed, (you are correct) but then they both sort of backpedal and say, well, working on it. I think the bigger issue here is that everyone has different computer capabilities, and they might be stuck on the solution, as a number of people have reported the bug fixed, while others (including myself) still have the issue.

To bring this back on topic, I had a question. Does the park have to include any of the rides from the new pack?

I wouldn't call that backpedaling. They continue to talk about it and the conclusion is Sam saying that our parks will revert back to their awesome states with this update. I understand that it's probably a complex issue, but at the same time it should be priority to fix this 100% before rolling out a new DLC that people paid money for and can't play. It doesn't matter how great the rides are if you can't play the game... All hands on deck, fix the issue first, then focus on other things.

Yeah! I like this competition! :D I have one question; Can i use Thememaker toolkit items made by others in my park? I know it's not allowed to use blueprints made by others. ;)

Sounds like fun, I will try to put something together to enter.

Same as INDEMIX, I'd like to know if it's okay to use TMT items? (Or if not other peoples' TMT items, what about ones we create ourselves?)

Also, there's a small contradiction in the guidelines. It's not clear whether the final vote will be by Frontier staff or by the YouTube chat?

The YouTube stream chat will be able to cast their vote and the winner will receive all Planet Coaster Packs of their choice and a Planet Coaster goodie bag!

• The competition will be judged by an independent panel of Frontier staff, who will pick their top four entries.

EDIT - Never mind the "contradiction" bit, it just occurred to me what it meant! Frontier picks the four that are shown, and YouTube votes among the four. I'm a derp. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom