I’m curious...are we asking/talking about the left and right pedals on the rudder, or the rudder itself that you want to apply curves to?

I’m curious...are we asking/talking about the left and right pedals on the rudder, or the rudder itself that you want to apply curves to?

Actually think he was referring to the main rudder axis.. but come to think of it I did share the left/right pedals instead a few responses back. Haven't had a chance to load up the script and look yet but I assume I have missed something for the main axis somewhere.

Cheers, AD

Actually think he was referring to the main rudder axis.. but come to think of it I did share the left/right pedals instead a few responses back. Haven't had a chance to load up the script and look yet but I assume I have missed something for the main axis somewhere.

Cheers, AD

Maybe why your centre deadzone of 20 made no difference when clearly 20% of the centre missing on anything would surely be noticeable!

Clicker

Hey Disi,

What I was saying is that I think I have missed adding the configuration for the main Rudder axis.

The code I shared earlier, only has the Left/Right pedal deadzones, not the main axis.

Should be an easy update to add one in for the main Rudder, I am just not sure of the name of the axis.

So, this will likely mean code update along these lines:

Code:
    [COLOR=#3D9FFF][B]int[/B][/COLOR] initTFRPRudder() {
[COLOR=#32cd32][/COLOR]        SetSCurve(&TFRPRudder, [B]<RUDDERAXISNAME>[/B], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]20[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR]);
        SetSCurve(&TFRPRudder, TRPRIGHT, [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]20[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR]);                                        [COLOR=#32cd32]// Right Toe Brake[/COLOR]
        SetSCurve(&TFRPRudder, TRPLEFT, [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]20[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ffffff]0[/COLOR]); }                                        [COLOR=#32cd32]// Left  Toe Brake
[/COLOR]

Cheers, AD

I have one of these rudder pedals...

<rudderaxisname> = TRUDDER

Using code from your script (AD) I apply same curves to my rudder as my X and Y Joystick axes.
Hence...

Code:
SetSCurve(&TFRPRudder, TRUDDER, 0, JS_DEADZONE, 0, JS_CURVE[JSProfile], JS_ZOOM[JSPROFILE]);

For you Disi, if all you want is a centre deadzone on the rudder (yaw), try;

Code:
SetSCurve(&TFRPRudder, TRUDDER, 0, 5, 0, 0, 0);

If this is not enough deadzone, change the ‘5’ to something higher.
If too much, reduce the ‘5’ to a lower number.

Hope this helps,
Clicker

Thanks for saving me digging that up Clicker!

I'll look to update this in the next update. Let us know how you go Disi, if it works :)

Cheers, AD

Hey Disi,

I have pushed a small update for the Rudder Axis issue to the beta branch on GitHub.

It can be found here

Note: In User Preferences, you can now set the Joystick, Rudder & Toe Brake axes deadzones directly. Should hopefully makes things easier.

If you could kindly validate and advise if this fixes your issue, it would greatly be appreciated! :)

Cheers, AD

Terribly sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but is there a way to re-enable Ship UI Panels to display on look? I understand this is problematic for Track IR users, but as a VR user, I try to avoid fiddling with the keyboard as much as possible, and being able to simply look at a panel is sooooo intuitive. I love everything else about this mod... I've checked through all the script files and must be missing it somewhere.

Terribly sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but is there a way to re-enable Ship UI Panels to display on look? I understand this is problematic for Track IR users, but as a VR user, I try to avoid fiddling with the keyboard as much as possible, and being able to simply look at a panel is sooooo intuitive. I love everything else about this mod... I've checked through all the script files and must be missing it somewhere.

Hey Juniperblossom,

The panel control behaviour can be configured directly from ED Config Bindings. You should see a bunch of options there somewhere under UI, for each panel and how they will display. Should be able to enable from there without any script changes etc.

Thanks so much for the kind words and checking out the profile! :)

Cheers, AD

Hey Aussie,

thanks works like scharm. would it be possible to make a nother include file which is excluded in the git ignore where a user can overwrite certian variables? So that you kinda got a default which is released and a user customised where i can set for example the keyboard language or the voice com behavior?

That way i don't need to "reset" everthing after an update?

Cheers

Disi

Hey Aussie,

thanks works like scharm. would it be possible to make a nother include file which is excluded in the git ignore where a user can overwrite certian variables? So that you kinda got a default which is released and a user customised where i can set for example the keyboard language or the voice com behavior?

That way i don't need to "reset" everthing after an update?

Cheers

Disi

Awesome, great to hear mate!

Don't really know what a git ignore is. I'll look into it though as it sounds like a great idea. Is there a link to a faq or instructions to add one that you know of that might get me started?

Cheers, AD

I looked up the info on gitignore files, and I am not sure I am understanding them at all. If I add one of these, it seems it will prevent say the User Preference file from being updated when I upload it. That is not viable unfortunately as there are changes made in the file for the last update.

Maybe I am not understanding how they work. I'll keep looking into it.

Hey Aussie,

with a .gitignore file you can exclude files from the repository. So what i basically ment was the following. In you EDUserPrefs file you define some variables "Default Variables". I asked if it was possible to make a 2nd UserPrefs file which is not part of the repository (via gitignore) where we users can overwrite those kind of variables. So for example in your Prefs file you defined

int combinePriSecFire = 1

But i prefere

int combinePriSecFire = 2

so i can put that line into the file which is not part of the repository.

Does it makes sense?

Hey Disi,

Sorry I am feeling really dumb when it comes to this. I understand the concept of what we are trying to achieve, but I don't understand how to implement it. I think I need to see an example because the instructions online don't make any sense to me. I don't get for example:

How does it know your values are different to the default ones?

How would it update if I add new user preferences not present in your version of the file?

How would it impact new users who haven't set any custom preferences, if the file is being ignored?

How do I update things my end?

In the beta version, those settings are generally the ones I use, but when I upload to merge with the main branch I will reset those to the defaults. But either way I would want to override the main branch file with the updated configuration.

This is probably really simple, but just not getting it. lol!

Cheers, AD

I'm not across what github can and can't do either.

The issue here is that variables used in the script are subject to change.
The user would need to check/update/change their local variables file every time there's a new release just in case anything changes.

The only potential solution might be to write and include a script/app that runs once each time a new version is produced which forces the end user to accept a default setting or nominate his preference based on the available options. This then writes a master settings file. The hard part is writing the script/app. It would be relatively trivial to cater to this within TARGET.

I've thought about producing something along these lines before but lacked the motivation to actually produce something to date.

Clicker

p.s. I am, however easily motivated by graft/corruption/gifts and alcohol. ;-)

Hey Aussie,

Thanks for the small update! Works brilliantly with curves now in FA Off. The TRudder felt wonky and uncontrollable before. Much appreciated!

Hey Disi,

I have pushed a small update for the Rudder Axis issue to the beta branch on GitHub.

It can be found here

Note: In User Preferences, you can now set the Joystick, Rudder & Toe Brake axes deadzones directly. Should hopefully makes things easier.

If you could kindly validate and advise if this fixes your issue, it would g

Top Bottom