News Update 1.7 Coming 17 April!

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce a new update will be making its way to Jurassic World Evolution on 17 April!

Update 1.7 will be the latest free update to come to the game, complete with a brand new, highly requested feature that we can't wait to see what you do with!

Capture Mode

We've done some calculations, and to date, players have spent over 4,600 days taking photos with the ranger camera; that's a lot of photos! We know how much a number of players enjoy taking amazing photos, and we love seeing your creations. So with the new Capture Mode, you'll be able to pause the game and gain control of a new free-form camera with a slew of options to play with in order to get your perfect photo.

• Hide the UI for a clean look
  • Choose between various aspect ratios to match the different films
  • Time controls to slow down time and capture amazing scenes
  • Find the perfect angle with the free-form camera

The new Capture Mode will be accompanied by various bug fixes which we hope will make your playing experience even better. There will be more information available when the update goes live on 17 April, but for now, be sure to check out our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments to have some fun, relax and chat to us!

See you on the islands!

Steggs

Attachments

• jweapril.png
    jweapril.png
    653.4 KB · Views: 559
Almost a year since the launch and we already had ... a couple of dinosaurs, another pair of things that should have been since the launch, like the day/night cycle and the challenge mode. Size corrections for some dinosaurs, an impressive skin for the stegosaurus, and as if that were not enough, capture mode! wow! fabulous.

Edit: this reminds me when blizzard announcement Diablo immortal.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is more than what I'd expect from a small update. A bunch of bug fixes is the usual. While I don't care for the ranger cam I do know that people have requested it. I think it's nice that Frontier still seems to show an interest in their community, and for those users, this will be a very nice addition.

I do hope that they will have proper release notes. I'd love to see what bugs were actually fixed, instead of a single bullet point list that states "various bug fixes". I know that is verbose, and might be daunting to some players; nevertheless, it would be nice to know how dedicated Frontier's support to JWE is. One way to gauge that is by bug count.

Thanks Frontier for the update, and the continued interest in your community. Here's to hoping for more reasons to dust off JWE in the future, because I truly enjoy your dinos.

FInally! I have been waiting for such a feature in game. I have been taking photographs from the ranger team and pressing the share button the MOMENT the flash ends. It was a bit of work but it got me the best photos without the U.I. showing. I could finally take photos without the hassle, thanks! 😭

Also, I wish to ask if this update will fix some bugs. I made a bug report back in december on the missing rain effects in sandbox and challenge mode. I am curious if it got patched in this update.

Honestly, this is more than what I'd expect from a small update. A bunch of bug fixes is the usual. While I don't care for the ranger cam I do know that people have requested it. I think it's nice that Frontier still seems to show an interest in their community, and for those users, this will be a very nice addition.

I do hope that they will have proper release notes. I'd love to see what bugs were actually fixed, instead of a single bullet point list that states "various bug fixes". I know that is verbose, and might be daunting to some players; nevertheless, it would be nice to know how dedicated Frontier's support to JWE is. One way to gauge that is by bug count.

Thanks Frontier for the update, and the continued interest in your community. Here's to hoping for more reasons to dust off JWE in the future, because I truly enjoy your dinos.
DetalhesI'm also very happy for the modofoto, good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce a new update will be making its way to Jurassic World Evolution on 17 April!

Update 1.7 will be the latest free update to come to the game, complete with a brand new, highly requested feature that we can't wait to see what you do with!

Capture Mode

We've done some calculations, and to date, players have spent over 4,600 days taking photos with the ranger camera; that's a lot of photos! We know how much a number of players enjoy taking amazing photos, and we love seeing your creations. So with the new Capture Mode, you'll be able to pause the game and gain control of a new free-form camera with a slew of options to play with in order to get your perfect photo.

• Hide the UI for a clean look
  • Choose between various aspect ratios to match the different films
  • Time controls to slow down time and capture amazing scenes
  • Find the perfect angle with the free-form camera
The new Capture Mode will be accompanied by various bug fixes which we hope will make your playing experience even better. There will be more information available when the update goes live on 17 April, but for now, be sure to check out our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments to have some fun, relax and chat to us!

See you on the islands!

Steggs

Hello, dear FD! you know, after I read the description of this update, I laughed very loudly and fiercely. so that the laughter was heard on the other floors of the building where I work, so a few concerned people came running to me and my head ached a lot. Thank you so much for this, I haven't really laughed like that for a long time. :) you know, reading the "announcement" and reviews to it on different resources, I once again made sure that it is not just a pleasure for you to disappoint your community, you have achieved real skill in this!
thank you so much for a really funny and fun evening, you are real good fellows because you managed to surprise me and because now I am sure that nothing worth waiting for from jwe or elite dangerous ;)

Top Bottom