ammo bay

+1
Suggested many time. For some reason people don't like it. But I do!

I'd make them internal slots, with subslots like the SRV.
Larger classes has more subslots. Then you place dedicated "ammo packs" in each slot. So you can load up on multicannon ammo, or missiles, railguns, even torpedoes (but not many), and that ammo is equally distributed amongst matching weapons.

Like all modules, they can take damage, which can result in ammo loss, weapon jams, and a rare chance for a contained explosion, doing damage to your hull, and nearby modules.

Lestat

Banned
So can we target the Ammo bay so the ship Explodes?

Please start using Laser plus Kinetic weapons combine. Also, Engineer your ship so you have extra ammo.

Oh, let not forget you can also Farm your Mats so you can resupply Ship with Kinetic weapon ammo.

I would agree. This has been discussed before and a similar tangential subject is to be able to buy/sell and haul ammo and weapons from station to station.

and to this^^, I think the ammo bay should show up as a subsystem target if you have one on-board. ... more fun and danger

GL HF

So can we target the Ammo bay so the ship Explodes?

Please start using Laser plus Kinetic weapons combine. Also, Engineer your ship so you have extra ammo.

Oh, let not forget you can also Farm your Mats so you can resupply Ship with Kinetic weapon ammo.

Having a ammo rack as a targetable module would add some risk reward to the mix. Obviously it'd be overpowered if you could blow up the whole ship.
We can safely assume the ammo bay is well contained, so catastrophic explosions are rare.

Lasers are actually very underpowered compared to ammo based weapons now.
Plus hitscan is boring (except for rails).

It's true, you can farm mats for synthesis, but that synthesis is interrupted by combat. Weapons are usually used in combat. :p

The main bonus to an ammo rack is combat reloads, but at the cost of hull strength or SCB slots, and risk of additional damage if targeted.

Well implemented, it adds another layer of outfitting choice.

While in PvP, I'd keep more hitpoints, for PvE, I'd sacrifice some for additional ammo capacity.
Oddly, for AX, I need both. Lol
I usually run out of hull before ammo though, but my ammo isn't usually far behind. Lol

Synthesis is already in place to fulfill any needs for ammo refills.
By that logic, the SRV provides plenty close enough interaction with planets, no space legs needed!
No new planets needed at all either, we've got a couple of types to land on already.
No new ships either. Plenty of those.
Or weapons.
Or gameplay.
Or stuff to find.

I don't get the resistance to this idea. It's optional.
Makes no difference if a CMDR isn't running out of ammo as quickly, even in PvP, because if they're not running out of ammo, they're running less armour or SCBs.

Lestat

Banned
Maybe what you are forgetting CMDR Cosmic Spacehead it prevents Gunboats. Where a Player can Synthesis Ammo Oh, let not forget Extended Rounds. So you already have a mass amount of ammo and you want to add Ammo Rack to boot.
I think it not a good idea.

I would rather have players Engineer their Lasers so they more of a balance. If Laser are buffed or Ammo Type weapons Nerf to get balance. Than bad ideas like I need Ammo rack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom