Roadmap leaked??

Not sure I really need to point this out, at risk of teaching granny to suck eggs...

If you want to run let's say, a property development company it makes financial sense to create a top level holdings organisation which then owns and controls as many sub-contractors as possible. So, you might start a concrete supplier, electricians, plumbers, gyprockers, glaziers, carpet supply etc.

Why? Because then, within the obvious legal boundaries, you're effectively paying for services you also own, such that accounts payable become a deductible cost of doing business every time you shuffle money out of one of your pockets and straight back into another, reducing your overall taxable incomes.

So, if one FDev division, say JWE is licensing dinosaur model IP to ED, ED gets a tax deduction which is simultaneously income for JWE. A similar phenomena might occur if PC starts to license "park benches" and other IP technologies to ED for eventual use as flavour structures on atmospheric planets.

The more cash flow you have internally recycling through your own pockets, the better.

Edit: Looks to me like FDev have already developed atmospheric planet based safari...
Edit, edit: Keep watching, seems they have first person shooter and base building too...

Last edited:
Thought you guys might appreciate what was said in newsletter 29 - apologies if somebody else posted this:
  • Landing/ driving / prospecting on airless rocky planets, moons & asteroids
  • Walking around interiors and combative boarding of other ships
  • Combat and other interactions with other players and AIs in the internal areas of star ports
  • Accessing richly detailed planetary surfaces
  • Availability of giant ‘executive control’ ships to players

While completely ignoring the fact that FDev are building the game THEY want to play...

Lord Braben has stated as such many, many times if you go and dig in the dev diaries.
FD said a lot of things over the years. I no longer am confident a lot of it will come.... I hope FD prove me wrong

After watching both Obsidian Ant's and Yamiks's videos I strongly believe that the leak is fake and someone is just trolling. There isn't anything in that leak which is new, it's just repeating stuff which has been mentioned lots of times before in the forums or reddit by us players.

However, we may find that some of what is said might be true, not because the leak is real, but out of pure luck. If 2020 does indeed bring space legs it doesn't mean the "leak" was real, as space legs have always been a possibility (not a definite) since the kickstarter.

I would caution people not to get too hyped or excited because they could be disappointed when Frontier actually announce what is coming and it isn't what people thought it would be, regardless of how awesome the upcoming content turns out to be.

Personally I have never been disappointed by an update and I am happy to wait until Frontier are ready to announce what is coming.

Who cares? FD released a 'roadmap' last year. The big ticket Q4 2018 additions on said roadmap are still nowhere to be seen. Even if it's genuine, the odds of it being delivered are long at best.
What. Yes they are there. The big ticket updates were the mining, exploration and squadrons. We also got a big BGS update. The only thing missing is fleet carriers and ice planets. Neither of those were the big ticket parts of the update.

All we can know with some confidence is there are other franchises in the pipeline that are being prioritised over ED, which is the only FD product I care about.
What do you mean prioritised? We know ED has its own dedicated team. So how are other franchises prioritised?

What. Yes they are there. The big ticket updates were the mining, exploration and squadrons. We also got a big BGS update. The only thing missing is fleet carriers and ice planets. Neither of those were the big ticket parts of the update.

What do you mean prioritised? We know ED has its own dedicated team. So how are other franchises prioritised?
I think it is fair to say from a man hrs development point of view the ice planet concept art render target would have been a huge ticket item and take many many hrs more than the rest of the update...... Of course for all we know that is 90% complete behind closed doors and will roll into a total across the board planet surface update..or maybe it was barely started and all they did was that icy ground they showed in septemberish 2018.. either way I don't think it is unfair for anyone to suggest that is not getting that update was a big ticket item we did not get
Hell for exploration many players could have spend hrs just looking at the new glacial formations.

Imo FD bought a LOT of patience and good faith with that image to look forward to in December 2018. They cashed in on it for 12 months before letting us know it was not coming

Last edited:
Thought you guys might appreciate what was said in newsletter 29 - apologies if somebody else posted this:
  • Landing/ driving / prospecting on airless rocky planets, moons & asteroids
  • Walking around interiors and combative boarding of other ships
  • Combat and other interactions with other players and AIs in the internal areas of star ports
  • Accessing richly detailed planetary surfaces
  • Availability of giant ‘executive control’ ships to players

🤤🤤🤤

I like the idea of base building more than I like the idea of legs. Proper planetary squadron base. Why do I have a nasty feeling this is going ot be 'instead' of carriers?

I struggle to understand why some are getting excited. Try to imagine the space legs implementation if you can. Go on, lean back in your chair and imagine how you visualise running around, probably with a weapon or variety of weapons. Is it good? Is it a polished graphical experience, with nice weapon effects and balance and stuff? Does it feel fluid? Are the weapons satisfying to fire? Lastly, have you ever seen an FPS as good as what you are visualising, that was an add-on to a main game?

Now think how many FPS games Frontier have made.

Postponed =/= not coming (at all, aka cancelled)

For all we know there may have been a collision issue with the new Codex items like fumaroles and geysers interfering with the more ambitious and jagged ice terrain that worked, but didn't quite pass QA.

Equally so with the Squadron Carriers. Maybe they are completed and ready to roll out but an executive decision was made to hold them back until legs is ready and we get the full walking around experience?

If a proposed feature list rolls out 80% complete, some* would still consider that a win.

*Obviously not the perpetually self-outraged zero-patience skreech mob.

I gotta laugh at those talking about people having no patience and wanting things now now now.
Perhaps valid a few years ago but game came out in 2014 and we have had 1 paid expansion in 2015, one which was strongly intimated to be out 12 months and then followed by the next paid expansion.

I don’t get all these salty spacelegs vs atmos discussions. FDev is prob secretly laughing at the squabble. For all we know they may both drop at the same time and everyone would be happy. Lets just wait and see what happens. Captainchubb’s post above however is pretty exciting 😜.

Base building will come with one big issue. Being able to rearm and refuel and possibly even sell data? so far from civilization will dramatically alter the game. If everybody can land at everybody elses base it will be a bit of a farce and defeat the object of the galaxy, dare i say it vandalise the entire game. IMO.
I think base building would be best done in solo or small PGs and be separate from BGS. Let open have PP and PG/solo have stuff like personalised base building tied to our saves

Last edited:
I gotta laugh at those talking about people having no patience and wanting things now now now.
Perhaps valid a few years ago but game came out in 2014 and we have had 1 paid expansion in 2015, one which was strongly intimated to be out 12 months and then followed by the next paid expansion.
Hashtag halfwaythroughatenyearproject

Edit: Some already waited 35 years for this, one or two more is really no big deal.

Perhaps but still a lot of DLCs needed for those who bought the life time past for £100. At current rate of expansions they will be quids in by 2035 ;)

PS original elite player and the waiting for Frontier to come out was the worst ever. On the bright side it didn't dissapoint when it came

Last edited:
Nothing more than wishful thinking.

I won't believe anything that doesn't come from the official source.

For FDevs can't even make HUD colour change possible in-game. Clearly the game has its limitations what you can do. Maybe they just hit a brick wall with current code and there is nothing that can be done about space legs and atmospheric landings. I'm not holding my breath, I'm quite happy with CQC.

-

Last edited:
Perhaps but still a lot of DLCs needed for those who bought the life time past for £100. At current rate of expansions they will be quids in by 2035 ;)
You have no idea how bummed I was about missing the lifetime pass and so far I've paid top dollar for each expansion however, with over 10,000 hours invested my personal value for money is incredible...

How might someone that bought the game but face planted the learning cliff and quit feel?

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Upgrading the new CMDR experience was a high priority.

so far I've paid top dollar for each expansion however, with over 10,000 hours invested my personal value for money is incredible...
So far that is just 1 however. I have no problem with helping new players in the game but surely you can admit 5 years soon to be 6 without a paid DLC is ....... Slow moving?

Put it this way ... If people were not getting worried about the development of the game then there would not be troll posts like the "leak" imo and if there were they would not get this much attention.

I don’t get all these salty spacelegs vs atmos discussions. FDev is prob secretly laughing at the squabble. For all we know they may both drop at the same time and everyone would be happy. Lets just wait and see what happens. Captainchubb’s post above however is pretty exciting 😜.
Or Frontier might not be capable of doing EITHER, so something different altogether may be coming......who knows?

I gave up ages ago trying to 2nd guess what Frontier release, since they don't want to tell us anything anymore, other than 'announcements of an announcement'.

I judge them now on what is actually released, when it's actually shown to us in thier 'livestream'......anything else is just 'forum-filler'

So far that is just 1 however. I have no problem with helping new players in the game but surely you can admit 5 years soon to be 6 without a paid DLC is ....... Slow moving?

Put it this way ... If people were not getting worried about the development of the game then there would not be troll posts like the "leak" imo and if there were they would not get this much attention.
So wait, are we complaining about FDev failing to extort money out of us like other publishers for loot boxes, ships and power creep gear or whining about a haul of free grapes that won't juice themselves?

Five or six years of FREE [redacted] is a problem!? What drugs are you smoking?

What if I told you we're playing his game right now. Without playing in the game itself.
We're in raxxla right now as we speak.

WrKPhfd.gif

Pass me whatever it is that you're smoking....

Top Bottom