Roadmap leaked??

Just watched obsidian ants video on the 4chan roadmap leak.

It's easy to troll these posts but it seems a reasonable suggestion that 2020 is spacelegs and base building.not saying I believe it but interesting none the less.

Edit: adding link to leak summary on reddit thanks golgot!
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bgu3pe Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bgu3pe/psa_the_first_game_on_the_leaked_frontier_roadmap/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Source: https://youtu.be/8NGJtQvsV58

further info leaked
http://archive.ph/A5WEE

Last edited:
I looks believable to me.
makes sense a push for space legs before atmos.

Console version of elite struggle to run the base game. I doubt actual tecnology can run atmo planets in the fidelity frontier would like.

Unless elite players could settle for cartonny no mans sky worlds that is.

As someone that has been aching for spave legs in elite since day one i welcome this.

But i know some salty boys here at the forums will get very upset about such a possible change in their spaceship game.

Makes sense. Space legs was a certain for me and base building is the only thing that makes sense and would give legs some meaning. Atmos even though could be announced in the future for that update, makes perfect sense to be hold back at the last moment like carriers. So yea...

Base building would certainly open up add on items for Frontier. That could be a big cash cow for them.

Oh god, I hope this doesn’t lock functional content for bases and ships behind a paywall! This game will take a huge dump if it goes this route.

I do love the idea of getting out of my seat and wandering around my ships, though. Hopefully there is gameplay around repairing or reloading your ship while in super cruise assist mode!

Disappointing if true, all of it. A lot of games based around JWE??

Also, base building in Elite - why and what’s the purpose? I’d rather see planetary landings.

We won’t have long to wait - if Zoo isn’t announced then we know this is .

Also - what’s wrong with JWE at the moment?

If FD don’t deny this, then this roadmap could well be true. Some graphic artist is looking for a new job!

Last edited:
Some interesting information there. But how much of it is true? No easy way to tell. Here's to hoping for SpaceLegs and atmospheric landings in the huge 2020 update, at least.

Base building will come with one big issue. Being able to rearm and refuel and possibly even sell data? so far from civilization will dramatically alter the game. If everybody can land at everybody elses base it will be a bit of a farce and defeat the object of the galaxy, dare i say it vandalise the entire game. IMO.

Base building will come with one big issue. Being able to rearm and refuel and possibly even sell data? so far from civilization will dramatically alter the game. If everybody can land at everybody elses base it will be a bit of a farce and defeat the object of the galaxy, dare i say it vandalise the entire game. IMO.

Someone's gonna have to haul the goods out there. If it just automatically appear and restock itself after building a base that would be really bad.

I don't believe it.
A) TT Games made Lego Star Wars Force Awakens, I doubt Frontier would get the contract. Also Lucasfilm Games Division has also started back up.
B) The Technical Artist mentioned wouldn't share even with a friend in confidence, anything covered by an NDA, it'd be more than their career's worth, they'd never be hired again in the games industry.

It's Fake. ... BUT ... that is not to say that some of the things claimed won't actually happen.

But still fake.

In my opinion.

Someone's gonna have to haul the goods out there.

Or mine the materials on site or in system. Its very very doable with all kinds of new gameplay posibilitys. It just needs to stay very single player or before you know it there will be bases and civilization everywhere. If you see the vast empty galaxy as an asset at least.

Top Bottom