Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

"Drag Munitions" engineering modification now disables the victims boost function whilst it is active

I'm sorry what? Drag munitions are already very powerful and annoying do deal with... you want to make it so that we can't boost at all now?
You do realize that drag munitions can be applied to seeker missiles right? A weapon that can be spammed over and over again at a target and that - if in packhound form - can barely be evaded if at all. You're basically making it impossible to survive in PvP if you don't have drag munitions now, and you're making fast ships obsolete in PvP (notably the Mamba and Krait Phantom you happily introduced recently; their entire strength is their speed).

It seems like another change which has been haphazardly implemented without consideration for balancing. Please, please don't go through with this - drag munitions are plenty powerful enough as it is.

Good luck guys!

Some trepidation about the splitting up the market view into separate sections for buying and selling -- I like having complete comprehensive overviews of things, and not having to jump back and forth between modes, to do A to X, or to do not-A to X.

I recall there was this guy at Microsoft, who earned his fame for getting rid of the paradigm of mode switches in their productivity software, which led to a much less cumbersome workflow when using it. -We seem to be going the opposite direction, what with the whole cockpit modes restricting what modules can be used, but still letting you select them via firegroups, and so on...

I'm sorry what? Drag munitions are already very powerful and annoying do deal with... you want to make it so that we can't boost at all now?
You do realize that drag munitions can be applied to seeker missiles right? A weapon that can be spammed over and over again at a target and that - if in packhound form - can barely be evaded if at all. You're basically making it impossible to survive in PvP if you don't have drag munitions now, and you're making fast ships obsolete in PvP (notably the Mamba and Krait Phantom you happily introduced recently; their entire strength is their speed).

It seems like another change which has been haphazardly implemented without consideration for balancing. Please, please don't go through with this - drag munitions are plenty powerful enough as it is.

Are you saying there's no counter to those weapons?

I agree entirely with this - the proposed buff to drag munitions means a pilot in a wing fight under focus would simply not be able to evade a single shot. Every time it is applied, that is 5 seconds that a pilot cannot boost to evade incoming fire, 5 seconds the enemy team has to melt through their shields and hull. And when drag is over? It would simply be applied right back, via packhounds or frags. Not only does this take part of the skill out of wing fights - it removes all the fun.

Are you saying there's no counter to those weapons?

Unfortunately, there isn't. Point defense at best can deal with a single seeker missile, but is totally overwhelmed by packhounds, ECM is useless because its cooldown is longer than it takes for someone to launch another salvo of missiles. Then you have drag munitions for frag cannons, which are always going to hit a fragment on you even if you chaff the gimballed ones.

The only defense against this stuff is speed - and locking the boost function on a ship locked to 0 pips with drag essentially makes you a sitting duck.

"Drag Munitions" engineering modification now disables the victims boost function whilst it is active

Right, so some dude hits me with a drag hound and pulls a reverski. He continues to spam drag hounds at me, going backwards at 400. I can't boost, stuck at my cruise speed of 400. He wins as now my ship is incapable of boosting to close distance. Welp, time to stop trying to do competitive PvP and just gank (y)

btw, who had the genius thought that drag wasn't strong enough as it is?

Right, so some dude hits me with a drag hound and pulls a reverski. He continues to spam drag hounds at me, going backwards at 400. I can't boost, stuck at my cruise speed of 400. He wins as now my ship is incapable of boosting to close distance. Welp, time to stop trying to do competitive PvP and just gank (y)

btw, who had the genius thought that drag wasn't strong enough as it is?

Remember, there's a drag effect on you, you won't have that wonderful 400 m/s cruise speed anymore ;)

Unless <"Drag Munitions" engineering modification now disables the victims boost function whilst it is active> also contains a handicap for this effect, which isn't mentioned, then this basically means Packs/Seekers are to become new metacancer, and will also render all small/medium ships useless vs big ones. Reverski Cutter w Packs and hitscans... bye bye anything that previously functioned due to maneouverability... as if having 10-13k MJ shields plus banks isn't enough....

Top Bottom