Griefers at the Engineers

I completely agree. The secret sauce in positive mmo experiences is truly the social interaction in my opinion. The actual jumping, loading screen, staring at daggers and circles on the FSS couldn't be more awful. But they have developed player driven events along the way.
Agreed.[/QUOTE]

What I miss most in my old school mmo experiences were the guild vs guild or server vs. server battles. Rivalries, prizes, politics, strategy, all between large numbers of players at the same time. Some squads would specialize in harassment and feints while larger units would go for large objectives. Solo players could attack supply lines or snare recently killed players trying to rejoin the major groups. All of it linked through teamspeak. Good times. Wish this game had the server architecture and tools to offer those settings.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting points, and I agree.

What I miss most in my old school mmo experiences were the guild vs guild or server vs. server battles. Rivalries, prizes, politics, strategy, all between large numbers of players at the same time.

ah, good old visceral hate between horde and alliance! that was healthy and fun.

games today have to adapt to players not tolerating loss. it's a whole different era now. those games are still made today, but they are indy or complete niches, irrelevant in the context of the entertainment industry.

The Replicated Man

T
Drag is about psychological warfare and breaking your opponents workflow and concentration, as opposed to literally slowing you down. In other words, it's only really relevant when you're trying to shoot back.

It also really screws over Mamba Pilots. Locks them right up.

Most people use them in conjunction with plasma. Drag seeker a faster target as he is jousting with you, it binds his thrusters up just long enough to get a full plasma salvo off and hit him with it and if you are good and fast enough, you might be able to avoid incoming fire as well during the joust.

I am talking from the prospective of a slow gunship pilot

Last edited by a moderator:
My time zone is great as most of the gankers are asleep on weekends and during the week they need to go to work or school, yay for me. I did once decide to stay up until the UTC "schools were out", what a toxic environment, i.e. two of them against me in a encounter, yes I got hammered, that'll teach to stay up past my bed time.

The Replicated Man

T
just wait, soon (next update) most of them will start new accounts to pvp in the starter zone.
It's already done man. When Elite went on sale for $12 a few months back many bought alts. I personally run 3 accounts.

I was tuned into the Boy Wizard's stream the other day and that is exactly what they were planning on doing, going into the starter systems with alt accounts and killing people etc.

I personally have no interest in blowing up sidewinders.

A lot of this thread has been about whether griefers are good or bad. But what if I become a griefer because I am "bad"? What if I've had my last straw, and I'm like "Screw Frontier and all the fanboys!" and I just go out and blow everyone up because you all suck. Is this okay?

I'm kinda joking, but maybe not... 😈

ps - I'll be doing this on PS4, where the worst griefers of all are Frontier themselves. IF I snap, that is. Maybe you can talk me down from the ledge.

A lot of this thread has been about whether griefers are good or bad. But what if I become a griefer because I am "bad"? What if I've had my last straw, and I'm like "Screw Frontier and all the fanboys!" and I just go out and blow everyone up because you all suck. Is this okay?
You wouldn't be the first.

You wouldn't be the first.
Don't worry, I'm just very frustrated with the state of ED on PS4 (a buggy mess that gets zero love in this latest update). If anything, I'll be playing less now, not more as would be required to become a true griefer. And it's not the other players' fault that game is in the state it is.

Now if I catch some of these, "Elite is the best game ever, it's your PS4 that's broken!" idiots nice people with a different opinion than mine in Open, well I guess we'll see :p

Top Bottom