Say No to Noobzone!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I started a clear-save in the newbie's area and found it extremely well populated in Open. I didn't do a lot of chat but looking at the numbers it seemed OK. I don't think peeps will hang around in there for long as the missions are not worth much as far as I have seen. But there is a good variety of the different types for people to have a go at.

The lack of modules above D will stop too much bother I think but of course an eagle in a PKer's hands could wreak havoc with the new peeps.

Is it me or do the new mods only work for noob's. Tried to auto un-dock and got blown up by the station because my ship wouldn't get out of the cue. Almost lost another when falling out of hyper my ship keep going full speed toward the sun. And never slowed down on bit while approaching my destination. Caused me the furthest longest loop of sham since launch.

We blow because noobs in everything because laugh who had to work out all naughty in the face?
What?
I can't even.
What's that supposed to mean?
And why do you link to a threat at steam that contains nothing but the same nonsensical accumulation of words and a link back here?
Is that kind of a recursion joke?

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure what the precise nature of the complaint is, either here or in the Steam forums, but as best I can tell, the point is that new players deserve to be ganked by the most experienced griefers flying the best ships available for that purpose, and the starter systems deprive them of that experience.

I suppose Frontier could take that as the most sincere compliment possible.

I've looked in the german thread and here is an understandable translation of OP's message (NOT MY OPINION!):
Say no to the noobzone!
What was Frontier thinking with this new function?
We kiss the behinds of noobs and cheekily laugh into the face of those that had to work hard for everything.
Personally, I think that the noobzone is a good thing.
Albeit, I also have to say that the steep learning curve and figuring stuff out for myself contributed a lot to my liking of the game. It gave me some kind of feeling that I have achieved something which is not so common.
But I also have to say that the first ca. 48 hours of game time (!) I still was unsure if I will continue playing because of the same. So I probably would have used said noobzone and I hope it helps to attract more players :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even nearly a year into playing I still occasionally have a 'Der!' moment when I discover something I didn't previously know...
A new player zone is an excellent idea, I may even throw my alt into it just to try it out, and see if the murderhobos actually managed to make good on their intentions :)
I will admit that the 'motivational' messages popping up when I start the game are a bit unwanted, but is a small price to pay when considering to a new lpayer they may be helpful.

Imagine how many more players might still be active if they hadn't hit an initial learning wall. Starter Zones seem like a good idea to me.

If anything, the thing is too little and too late. We should have had something like this years ago. And while i haven't tried the new introduction yet, there's plenty of additional things which the game would need to smoothen out the first hour in the game and i wouldn't have spotted any trace of them again in the recent patch notes.

It's a step in the right way, but we actually need much more. No game can survive long term by eating up its dedicated playerbase. We need new players, best some which also stay and spend money for cosmetics. It's them who pay while we can keep playing. I want more of them! :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom