NPC piracy is gone away, what to do now?

Last patch changed AI.
Now NPC can do two things - drop mines, and that cool. And jump away when it takes damage - not so cool.
I can kill running away NPC, but what about piracy? How can I stop NPC for milking?

Blow out their thrusters? No thrusters, no go.

Last patch changed AI.
Now NPC can do two things - drop mines,
Wait... What? What kind of NPCs are we talking about - Cargo ships? Passenger ships?

Do they run instead of trying to fight like Viper pilots? Dropping mines as they run? Please say "yes",please say "yes", please say "Yes!"

Last edited:
Well I'm guessing you could use the new Drag Hounds to, oh, wait, no that won't work.

When you read the Piracy "Instructions" in the Player handbook there is a nice picture of someone scooping some Gold classified as "Legal Salvage"
Maybe you could ask them to abandon it nicely for you?

Oh wait, that won't work either.

Looks like there was a balance pass on Piracy again :sneaky:

I'm guessing you're not going to like what I'm about to type, but this is exactly what I've been asking for!!! Now I'm not ready to believe you 100% until I see it for myself (which won't be until after the next update), but if this is truly true then:

Sarah Jane, you are BRILLIANT!!!

I'm taking off 50 sins from this latest update! (like that guy on YouTube)

Sorry OP, but this is how these cargo and passenger hauling NPCs should behave (just like your average players would). Ask the griefers, they know how to stop players from escaping, surely the same tactics will work here.

FREAKIN AWESOME :D

Griefers don't milking ships, they destroy them.
Not all griefers. I "milk" in PvP, and I've used hatch breakers and FSD Disrupters to great effect. Most PvPers don't drop mines, so this will be an extra challenge. I actually think this makes piracy exciting again. I can't wait to try it out!

Hmmm, I wonder how collector limpets interact with mines...

Seriously, this sounds like great fun!

I'ts nice to see how some people can bring some ridiculus solutions to a issue that are created now because the changes.

"Bumb the ship".

OMG dude, please, go to a doctor you are probably not okay if you really do this.

I'ts nice to see how some people can bring some ridiculus solutions to a issue that are created now because the changes.

"Bumb the ship".

OMG dude, please, go to a doctor you are probably not okay if you really do this.

What issue? That NPCs run away? What do you expect them to do? And why would you not use the tools at your disposal to deal with it? Why should I go see a doctor for using my brain and overcoming the challenges the game throws at me?

Mind you this is nothing new, NPC were already running away before the update most of the time, have been for the past 4 years. They only turned around and fought if they thought they had a chance (ie it's mostly a matter of ship and rank).

Mind you this is nothing new, NPC were already running away before the update most of the time, have been for the past 4 years. They only turned around and fought if they thought they had a chance (ie it's mostly a matter of ship and rank).
For me it's new, but perhaps that's because I pirated mostly in HazRes. Though as I recall, I've "pulled over" Belugas that go all Tom Cruise and flip the whale around and open fire with serious weapons, popping SCBs, and all the other stuff I never expected an NPC Beluga to do. Now a Beluga running while dropping mines behind it - that would be totally awesome and realistic.

It would be even more cool if the Beluga dropped some biowaste in with those mines ;) Ooooh, I like that! I'll have to remember that the next time I go ganker fishing :D

Top Bottom