Ghostbusters pack coming

I saw in a leaked roadmap that they are now working on a Ghostbusters pack. Could this be another Universal pack like the vehicle kits? Or a bigger pack with rides, etc.? I don't expect an answer on this as it was information that wasn't supposed to be leaked, they are very secretive about the next DLC's, etc. until closer to release. They almost never share anything about what they are working on next. The roadmap did state that active development has ended for Planet Coaster and that it is in maintenance mode. Meaning that we won't see any major changes to the core game going forward, just bite size DLC's with rides, etc. which don't require any changes or updates to the core game or peeps which probably means we won't ever see any non-ride attractions that we had in past RCT games like 3D cinema and mini golf, etc. just rides that have a vehicle or seat for peeps to sit in, nothing that involves just walking, or sitting in a stationary seat like a concert stage, etc. We can probably rule out point to point things like waterslides unless it's something like a dinghy slide which is like a coaster. Peeps will probably never be able to swim. They probably weren't coded to swim.

Last edited:
Do you have a template for every single post you make? Because there isn't much variation in it..........

On-topic: As the question is Ghostbusters related, I will ignore the rest of the post. I was a fan of the early films. The latest one, and problably the next one too, I'm not interested.
This will then be the first DLC I probably won't buy.

I guess it will be a small IP pack, like the Munsters/BTTF/Knightrider ones.

Bigger packs are out of the question.

Last edited:
I’ll probably always have something to complain about. But I’m not the only one wishing for core upgrades, water parks, etc. I saw a leaked roadmap in a video and it doesn’t look good for the future of Planet Coaster. Well, there will be more ride packs but development on the main game has ended and the only support going forward will probably be ride DLC’s maybe more IP dlc’s like Ghostbusters which is supposed to be next, and bug fixes. They are probably concentrating on their new zoo game now and slowly backing away from Planet Coaster especially since a Planet Coaster 2 is planned in the future according to the roadmap. I don’t think that roadmap was meant to leak to the public. Someone with access to it leaked it.

Yes they are working on/planing PC2. Like with all most every developer something is leaked. The reason I know and have for sometime now is a developer I test for told me. Planet zoo has been known to some for over a year now.

If they do make a Ghostbusters DLC that would probably be the first DLC that I don't buy. I would have to wait and see on what is included in it. Regarding Planet Coaster 2 what kind of rides would be in it that isn't already in the first Planet Coaster?

Please not a another franchise tie-in. I can literally see a Ghostbusters-pack before my inner eye...and I don´t like what I see.
I think at this point there are only interactive shooter darkrides themed to Ghostbusters.

So if PC2 is planned does that mean active development will end for Planet Coaster eventually? I can see content through the end of this year and maybe next year, but after that, who knows. PC2 is probably a few years away at best. Maybe PC2 will be able to handle waterparks.

Just a question: Was that "roadmap" published on April fools day by any means? Otherwise I really don't get that Ghostbusters DLC thing.

I hope for more scenery packs in Frontier Planco Style. I would hope for more Adventure stuff and a completed Asian pack. Maybe some northern Whale Watching Stuff. I also hope for some more themed rides. Don't get me wrong, I love the non-themed rides but I also miss themed stuff because whatever we do, we can't theme rides like Frontier can.

I could see a ECTO-1 coaster body along with themeing like in the munster dlc.

FYI. NL3 is also being planned, but some years off.

I love PC and have many hundreds of hours with it. As far as PC2, with this new photo realistic in many games now it could be performance friendly.

I’m thinking that roadmap could be fake but I could be wrong though. Some of the information just doesn’t seem to be true.

I would hope for more Adventure stuff and a completed Asian pack

You have the tools now to make your own adventure pieces, via the theme maker toolkit. No need to wait for DLC to bring everything you want.

Sounds reasonable in regards to putting the brakes on the core dev. A lot has been delivered since launch those years ago.

As for the leaked info, not sure I can believe the story "my friend the tech artist at Frontier told me". That would take two muppets... the first who blabbed, and the second being the friend who blabbed to the internet.

You have the tools now to make your own adventure pieces, via the theme maker toolkit. No need to wait for DLC to bring everything you want.

Sounds reasonable in regards to putting the brakes on the core dev. A lot has been delivered since launch those years ago.

As for the leaked info, not sure I can believe the story "my friend the tech artist at Frontier told me". That would take two muppets... the first who blabbed, and the second being the friend who blabbed to the internet.

The Thememaker Toolkit doesn't replace Frontier-made scenery DLC packs in any way in my opinion. I like the style of the Planet Coaster theme and that everything fits together well. I like a lot of the Toolkit items available in the workshop but in my opinion the Thememaker Toolkit should only support scenery not replace scenery packs.

If frontier make a Ghostbusters DLC, I'm in!,
Hmmmm. A Ghostbusters spooky dark ride anybody?
I've now racked up 2000 hours play, but some how I feel I've only now getting the hang of Pl co.
proberbly after another 3000 hours I'll be ready for Planet coaster 2.:)🌈

Last edited:
in my opinion the Thememaker Toolkit should only support scenery not replace scenery packs.

Sure, I was simply pointing out that in the context of this thread's unconfirmed topic, that in the event that official scenery packs are coming to an end, all is not lost. The toolkit saves us from total despair.

Hmmmm. A Ghostbusters spooky dark ride anybody?

Yes please. Although franchise scenery is risky. And Ghostbusters received a serious dent in fan-respect after the 2016 bomb. So why Ghostbusters?

Oh, that's why...
"Untitled Ghostbusters Project" (2020)
Plot undisclosed. (fitting for this thread!)

Oddly enough this new movie is directed by Jason Reitman, the son of the original 80's Ghostbusters director. That connection, and the fact Reitman knows how to make a movie, might just help redeem the brand.

Last edited:
A Ghost Blasters dark ride system would be cool, with peeps shooting at ghosts. Like the Sally rides which became popular and helped revive the classic style dark ride in a new form.

Sure, I was simply pointing out that in the context of this thread's unconfirmed topic, that in the event that official scenery packs are coming to an end, all is not lost. The toolkit saves us from total despair.

Yes please. Although franchise scenery is risky. And Ghostbusters received a serious dent in fan-respect after the 2016 bomb. So why Ghostbusters?

Oh, that's why...
"Untitled Ghostbusters Project" (2020)
Plot undisclosed. (fitting for this thread!)

Oddly enough this new movie is directed by Jason Reitman, the son of the original 80's Ghostbusters director. That connection, and the fact Reitman knows how to make a movie, might just help redeem the brand.

My money is on Frontier having obtain the license to create a game base on this film. https://www.mcvuk.com/frontier-signs-a-major-global-ip-licence-for-upcoming-title/

This follow a similar path to how it went with universal, sign a deal to produce a game, get access to their stable of ip for Planco and probably Planzo

I might be mixing things up but I think Braben said he wanted to get around to doing two games year. But that could have been musk wanting to do two vehicles a year.

Last edited:
My money is on Frontier having obtain the license to create a game base on this film. https://www.mcvuk.com/frontier-signs-a-major-global-ip-licence-for-upcoming-title/

This follow a similar path to how it went with universal, sign a deal to produce a game, get access to their stable of ip for Planco and probably Planzo

I might be mixing things up but I think Braben he want to get around to doing two games year. But that could have been musk wanting to do two vehicles a year.

I'm trying to figure out what type of game that should be then, a shooter? But that's not the market Frontier is active in. And I can't figure out what type of game it otherwise would be. So no, I don't think there will be a Ghostbusters seperate game.

And the later Jurrassic World movies have more value for making a game, than the recent Ghostbuster movie(s).

A Ghost Blasters dark ride system would be cool, with peeps shooting at ghosts. Like the Sally rides which became popular and helped revive the classic style dark ride in a new form.

This sounds more like a possibility. (y)

Top Bottom