Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Deleted member 38366

D
Yeah, they forgot a few lines in the Patchnotes

• re-introduced the temporary glowing color scheme bug when zooming onto a body with FSS
  • made the FSS reposition to unexpected positions when zooming out again from a Target Body if other Bodies are nearby

But still, Patch is a Patch.... so it's being worked on at least. Let's see when 3.4beta2 aka V3.4.02 arrives ;)

This is irony at its worst. The April Update broke the performance so bad (on Xbox at least) that after returning from Distant Worlds 2 and seeing the slideshow within stations, I immediately headed back to exploring... Something, anything just to get out of there.

Now the patch hit and they broke the FSS so I had to turn back into the bubble. Heading back, shaking my head. Has the framerate at least been fixed on Xbox? If it's still that bad within stations/rings I will have to put the game down because right now there's nothing that can be enjoyed due to these bugs.

Innocent people died because of your incompetence!

They weren't innocent they were passengers. Forever changing their minds and asking for ridiculous things to be bought not to mention getting you in trouble with the authorities because of their criminal record.

Deleted member 38366

D
Sorry if this has been posted before but this still is an issue for me :( not fixed yet

EDIT: Just as "Repair all" is still broken, as it does not fix paint damage

The "Repair all" not fixing paint is intentional and was implemented after initially fixing up Paint as well automatically.
Some like (me included btw.) having those "scars of long hauls" on many of their Ships, so blame folks like me for the current state of having to manually fix the paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
made the FSS reposition to unexpected positions when zooming out again from a Target Body if other Bodies are nearby

That is really annoying. If it's a one-level of zoom into a 2/3 body system it just needs a bit of getting used to, but if you want to scan a dozen moons that are scattered around a gas giant then the inefficiency of being yanked back into the middle after every one multiplies the time it takes by a factor of 3 or 4.

Please roll this back, it is not a good change.

Due to the fact, that I'm not able to submit an Issue via Bugtracker (Firefox) I will name here two further problems:

1.) Switching the priority of the sensors while Auto-leaving the station, the priority of the thruster go back to '1' (from 2). Trying to switch them directly afterwards the only possibility to switch them to is 1, 2 and 5.
2.) Buying goods and using the keys 'A' and 'D' I'm no longer able to use the mouse to click on 'buy' or closing the dialog in any other way. Pressing 'SPACE' solves the problem and the mouse is functioning again.

After playing for some hours with the Update patch, I had two times when the game changed the thruster settings. Their priority were set back from 2 to 1 on two different ships. I don't know when this did exactly happen, but I didn't switch them in between. It seems to be only a problem with the first entry/the thrusters. The problem with the change of all priorities is gone.

After playing for some hours with the Update patch, I had two times when the game changed the thruster settings. Their priority were set back from 2 to 1 on two different ships. I don't know when this did exactly happen, but I didn't switch them in between. It seems to be only a problem with the first entry/the thrusters. The problem with the change of all priorities is gone.

It's the same like before the patch. It's happening right after the jump when entering a system. Left the right console open before entering and right afterwards it has changed. So still no use of the priorities, at least not for the thrusters/the first entry.

Is anybody out there in the dark who is able to confirm this? (and then maybe submit an issue, because on my system it refuses to login into the bugtracker).

What are you gonna do about the passengers?...Airlock?

o7
I mentioned it afterwards, but after a relog the mission has come back, so I'm back on target.

But just out of paranoia...let me just check again.....and yep the mission is still there. If I am unable to finish it I'll report it, but it appears to be fixed on my end.

Only the non annoying ones the other 99.9% get the fate they deserved for upsetting the pilot.
Sometimes when a passenger ejects by themselves right beside the station where I need to bring them I just wish the escape pod could be floating around so I could test my lasers and multicannons on something. ;)

Wow, just browsed through the fist thousand pages of the Issue Tracker.

Depressing to say the least. I can see how 2 years is realistic for any major update. :(

Top Bottom