Notice Canopy Integrity

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to bring awareness to a post that was made on this thread here regarding the integrity of the canopy following the launch of the April Update.

Prior to the April Update, the canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules. Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity. This means that the canopy should be reacting in the same way as before the April Update.

We’ve tested internally and found this to be the case, however, if there are any instances where you are seeing an issue, please let us know.

Would have avoided some (but not all, never all) gnashing of teeth if that nugget had simply been in the patch notes, no? Seems very much the sort of thing that should be communicated ahead of time. I'm sure it's just an oversight.

The post he linked was made on Monday days before the patch and its notes and the canopy wasn't touched by the patch, it could have been explained better in the notes about the update undoubtedly.

Thank you for the clarification.

Are there any plans or chances that we will see a buff to canopy integrity?

The post he linked was made on Monday days before the patch and its notes and the canopy wasn't touched by the patch, it could have been explained better in the notes about the update undoubtedly.
In what way is Monday days before last week's patch? I may live in a different time zone to you.

In what way is Monday days before last week's patch? I may live in a different time zone to you.

He's refering to Patch 1, which was sent out Wednesday, and the post was made two days before that. the Thread itself was created Apr 26th, the Friday before that.

He's refering to Patch 1, which was sent out Wednesday, and the post was made two days before that. the Thread itself was created Apr 26th, the Friday before that.
Yes, the whole thread is a response to findings after last week's patch, that people were upset about. I'm sorry, what exactly isn't obvious?

Yes, the whole thread is a response to findings after last week's patch, that people were upset about. I'm sorry, what exactly isn't obvious?
You asked in what ways is Monday, days before, as if to say it wasn't. If you're referring to patch 1, then yes Monday WAS days before, if you were referring to the original patch then no it's not.

It wasn't clear which patch you were referring to.

You asked in what ways is Monday, days before, as if to say it wasn't. If you're referring to patch 1, then yes Monday WAS days before, if you were referring to the original patch then no it's not.

It wasn't clear which patch you were referring to.
Well, I was referring to the patch being discussed in the first place, the April Update of last week, which brought these changes. That's stated right in the OP. And is obviously the patch being discussed in the linked thread, as that is from last week. No, sorry. I'm still struggling to see what isn't clear.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
...Prior to the April Update, the canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules. Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity....
Which would be fair enough and no one should notice any change apart from the numbers displayed, but....

I have no empirical evidence but have lost my canopy multiple times in my last two sessions, where as it used to be a very rare occurrence. :unsure:

Well, I was referring to the patch being discussed in the first place, the April Update of last week, which brought these changes. That's stated right in the OP. And is obviously the patch being discussed in the linked thread, as that is from last week. No, sorry. I'm still struggling to see what isn't clear.
Ok, well I'm sorry you're still confused. Then aRJay might be referring to Patch 1, you'd have to ask him.

But the original point you made about things like this being better explained in the patch notes is valid regardless of who's talking about what patch.

Broken canopy is the least of your worries. In reality the decompression would pop you like a balloon. Just say'n. It would make a great last screenshot. ;)

So the canopy used to pop after losing 15 points (and would have another 15 points of integrity left - but who cares, you're on life support).
Now the canopy pops after losing 15 points (and has 0 points of integrity left - but who cares, you're on life support).

Got it. The canopy integrity now functions like other modules. Sounds like a good change. Thanks for the explanation.

The patch was this week last week was an update.

They are, to my mind, different things an update provides primarily new features or content while a patch is primarily a repair.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to bring awareness to a post that was made on this thread here regarding the integrity of the canopy following the launch of the April Update.

Prior to the April Update, the canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules. Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity. This means that the canopy should be reacting in the same way as before the April Update.

We’ve tested internally and found this to be the case, however, if there are any instances where you are seeing an issue, please let us know.

So you fixed it breaking at 50% integrity so it will now break at 0% integrity. If this was the issue that needed fixing then why halve its integrity after fixing the bug? By my math if X was original integrity and it broke at 50%, that gives an effective maximum integrity of X/2. Assuming you fixed it breaking at 50%, then it would have an effective maximum integrity of X. You then said you you halved the integrity, so its back to an effective maximum integrity of X/2. How is this fixing the problem? Before issue fixed it was at X/2 max and after fix it is still X/2 max. Unless of course you decided that X/2 was the original integrity and halved that so canopies now have X/4 maximum integrity?

Top Bottom