PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

What about seal clubbing to get good guy squadrons riled up to start a war?
I've done that a couple times when I couldn't find anyone to fight. Kill a few noobs and within an hour nearly every white knight squadron is on your tail. Good times.

Also, seal clubbing is essentially impossible now so...

Yeah, it's much a moot point now. My main problem with seal clubbing was that it took advantage not of a player's inherent lack of skill or willingness to learn, but simply ED's clifflike learning curve to bag easy kills on people who literally can't challenge you because they haven't had the time to learn the mechanics yet (took me about fifteen hours of play before I learned that high-wakes can't be mass-locked, I shouldn't fly without rebuy, and that dropping out against interdictions shortens FSD cooldown.) And yes, while I could have gone into the game intending to cram exam-style about the game's mechanics for the first ten hours, that would not have been fun. At all. And few people approach a game that way.

While the Pilot's Federation area isn't perfect, it at least ensures that a person encountering end-game gankers will be mildly familiar with the game, not least of which due to the new loading tooltips (they finally added stuff like "Don't fly without a rebuy"! So happy. )

You are a bad person in real life.
You are a person who thinks that hurting children is okay, that famine is a good thing, and that non-dairy creamer is acceptable.
You probably don't think much of yourself IRL, probably got bullied as a kid, and your wife thinks you're weak and not manly enough to satisfy her.
You like to crush jingle-bells at Christmas and you put unwashed clothing into the Goodwill donation bins.

Anyways, that is all I could glean from your post.

Feel free to do same re my posts.

My practice of translating other people's posts has already gained the attention of the moderation team.
I've the points to prove it - so as much as I'd like to translate your posts I also don't want any more nasty-grams.

This when I'm a new participant on this forum - which kind of makes them forum poster seal clubbers!
Could you please begin by translating your own post and share with the community details of your own personality and 'Real life' even though it breaks the Forum Rules There is actually a list.

Any plans for a beginners section to the forums? A safe zone? Should there be forum missions? What about forum posting tutorial videos?

The Replicated Man

T
I hope our paths cross soon, but if not, we can always have a shindig at Jameson one day. ;) I have a phantom I'm cooking which should be fun. Just don't bring missiles. ;)
The missiles shall stay in my storage. I don't usually run them in "Arranged" fights.

seal clubbing was that it took advantage not of a player's inherent lack of skill or willingness to learn, but simply ED's

Seal clubbing

When an individual who is highly skilled at a task, competes with other people who are relatively new/unskilled at said task. Often used in multiplayer video games.
"Man, John went seal clubbing in tf2 the other day. The other team didn't even know what hit them."

Never fails https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Seal clubbing

Seal clubbing is inherently fun for one side and not-fun for the other.
Elite gives you the power to avoid seal-clubbing by going Solo. It sucks, but the alternative is just throwing caution to the wind and hoping you don't get instanced with a jerk.

Could you please begin by translating your own post and share with the community details of your own personality and 'Real life' even though it breaks the Forum Rules There is actually a list.

Yes, of course.

I'm a middle-aged male. I suspect that even though I have a high paying job at a large university - that seems important - the sad truth is that for the most part I've wasted my life. As much as I'd like to start over and do more meaningful things I've neither the will power or the energy to invest time in some exciting new endeavor. I pretty much live to play Elite Dangerous, which is fine with my wife of 30 years because that means I'm not bothering her so that she can binge watch 'Chopped' while eating ice cream and crying into the wee hours of the morning.

Truth is, playing this game is a side attraction to the tiny thrill I get making jokes on this forum - each like +1 is like a little shot of adrenalin that gives vigor and energy to my flagging self-esteem. What else? Oh, I drive a small foreign made car, the best part of my day outside of this forum is a carmel/mocha latte at a local coffee shop which I cannot have anymore because I'm getting fat, my belly flipping down my underwear band reminding me of the fact - much like the popup timer on one of those turkeys. It really is disgusting. I shant elaborate further. I hope to save enough money to enjoy retirement for 5 years before throwing myself off a bridge.

I bought a DBX yesterday.
I painted it green.

I also have matching paint on my SRVs.

I like green.

Yes, of course.

I'm a middle-aged male. I suspect that even though I have a high paying job at a large university - that seems important - the sad truth is that for the most part I've wasted my life. As much as I'd like to start over and do more meaningful things I've neither the will power or the energy to invest time in some exciting new endeavor. I pretty much live to play Elite Dangerous, which is fine with my wife of 30 years because that means I'm not bothering her so that she can binge watch 'Chopped' while eating ice cream and crying into the wee hours of the morning.

Truth is, playing this game is a side attraction to the tiny thrill I get making jokes on this forum - each like +1 is like a little shot of adrenalin that gives vigor and energy to my flagging self-esteem. What else? Oh, I drive a small foreign made car, the best part of my day outside of this forum is a carmel/mocha latte at a local coffee shop which I cannot have anymore because I'm getting fat, my belly flipping down my underwear band reminding me of the fact - much like the popup timer on one of those turkeys. It really is disgusting. I shant elaborate further. I hope to save enough money to enjoy retirement for 5 years before throwing myself off a bridge.

I painted it green.

I like green.

This is the saddest thing I have ever read, except it's also hilarious.
I'm literally crying and shaking right now.

Yes, of course.

I painted it green.

I like green.

I started reading this and all I could hear in my head was the "My name is Yoshikage Kira..." copypasta.

I started reading this and all I could hear in my head was the "My name is Yoshikage Kira..." copypasta.

My name is ElitePlayer1986. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Brighton, where all the crack dens are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Tesco department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to gank other people in a video game. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like having fun and making friends, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I I'm pretty sure I would lose.

Top Bottom