General / Off-Topic Going to the tattoo studio in a few days time.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Absolutely! My reply was only tongue-in-cheek (y)

Yes, a reliable, reputable tattooist would never tattoo somebody who was under the influence of booze. I have three tattoos and each time I was asked if I had consumed any alcohol beforehand.
Exactly. The place I'm going to has been going strong since the nineties. They're legends in my area. They take great care of their customers, and produce amazing results. Proper artists. They also sell their work on other platforms such as custom clocks, bags, etc. They don't just copy out of a book.

Great stuff.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've just finished having a chat on FB with the artist, and he says he's ready to receive me for measurements now. He knows what I want, and I've asked him to use artistic license.

Planning on going back into town on Thursday to put the first payment down.

I've just finished having a chat on FB with the artist, and he says he's ready to receive me for measurements now. He knows what I want, and I've asked him to use artistic license.

Planning on going back into town on Thursday to put the first payment down.
If it is not indiscreet, can you tell the amount of the total bill ?

:)

Deleted member 110222

D
I can understand your point of view.

And I deduce that the amount must be ... uh ... how to say? ... spicy !!! :D
Yeah it'll be a lot. But then this is a permanent mark on my body, that once there, can only be removed by amputation.

I'm willing to invest to get it right.

I have heard a tale where a tattoo may have saved its' wearers' life. The person in question had a very rare blood group. He had, tattooed over his heart, "BLD GRP" followed by his blood group. Several years later he was in a major car accident. When he was taken into hospital he was losing blood. As they were checking him over (and getting ready to get some blood sorted out for him) they found that tattoo (either that, or were told about it by the ambulance crew). When the lab was cross matching his blood they started off with the group in the tattoo. They did not need to go any further. That, obviously, saved them time and, possibly, helped to save his life.

I saw a pic somewhere, should have saved it in retrospect, where someone was getting the beginnings of what looked like a full body tattoo, of a Remlok suit...

So, which one of you is it?

Deleted member 110222

D
I have heard a tale where a tattoo may have saved its' wearers' life. The person in question had a very rare blood group. He had, tattooed over his heart, "BLD GRP" followed by his blood group. Several years later he was in a major car accident. When he was taken into hospital he was losing blood. As they were checking him over (and getting ready to get some blood sorted out for him) they found that tattoo (either that, or were told about it by the ambulance crew). When the lab was cross matching his blood they started off with the group in the tattoo. They did not need to go any further. That, obviously, saved them time and, possibly, helped to save his life.
Yes I've heard that too. I'm fairly sure it's a true story too.

I totally respect that decision that he made. Honestly if I had a rare blood group I'd do the same.

There's always this option:

dnr_tattoo__full-701x456.jpg

I started hating tatoos after EVERYONE and their grannies started getting one.. and two.. and threee.. and whole arms covered with the .
What, they think they're stating something with it? "Look at me I'm a badass!" "Ohhh I'm so edgy..."
It's just lame.

DON'T get one.

Deleted member 110222

D
I started hating tatoos after EVERYONE and their grannies started getting one.. and two.. and threee.. and whole arms covered with the poopoo.
What, they think they're stating something with it? "Look at me I'm a badass!" "Ohhh I'm so edgy..."
It's just lame.

DON'T get one.
I'm getting one.

It's nothing about edge.

Now if you don't like tattoos, I respect that. Nobody is forcing you to get one.

But you do not speak for me. This is my body, so it's my choice.

After years upon years of mulling over this decision, I am very confident that I want to do this, to the point of certainty actually. The imagery I'm looking to mark myself is more than a nice picture to me. That description wouldn't even scratch the surface.

I'm talking about something that represents what I am. And, also tells people exactly what gets me through life.

You've seen the imagery I've posted. To put it bluntly, I would be dead without certain spiritual experiences I've went through. I was ready to pull the proverbial trigger on myself at one point.

Something happened at that moment that changed me forever. I've sincerely believed in the force of magick ever since. And actually attribute many experiences in my life to as such.

I don't actually expect anyone to believe me: To be quite honest, I don't care either way. Though I respect why people have their doubts. Even my own family does.

This is happening, for better or worse as some would say, but I know for a fact it will be for the better.

Deleted member 110222

D
Going in for the measurements tomorrow afternoon now. I'm quite looking forward to it, for both taking the next step in the journey, and in general spending another day in my favourite town.

I really think tattoo's are cool and a great form of expression.

That's why I'll never get one.

I normally try to maximize my anonymity whenever practical. Standing out by adding identifying marks would work counter to that.

If they get any more common though, I'll need to get tramp stamp to blend in.

There's always this option:

My mother suggested she'd get something like that after I threatened to have her head frozen upon her death.

I don't actually expect anyone to believe me: To be quite honest, I don't care either way. Though I respect why people have their doubts. Even my own family does.

I believe that you believe!

Top Bottom