RAXXLA: Official statement from FD ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Also interesting, The Game Lore at Cannon mentions Alec Ryder's two sons, Oberon and Neptune.

I have been playing with the Galaxy Map, entering names. Soonstill is mentioned, and there is a system by that name.

If you put in Oberon, you get Sol. Of course, we know where Neptune is. There are also many of the Greek Gods in the Galaxy, Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, Athena, Detemer, Hephaestus, Hera, Delphi, Poseidon...

This I expected since the Greeks named stars after their gods, but I'm working on a theory of triangulation between them since most of us believe Raxxla to be in the bubble, with a distance which could be reached in a Sidney.

Also, The GM is a database connected to the location of all the stars in the galaxy. I try different queries and see what pops up. The Oberon pointing to Sol is just one I have found. Cirag unfortunately does not show up and neither does Raxxla spelled in different ways.

With "no clues" and "its in there and Fdev knows where it is", we should look in every nook and cranny in the game. I even search the "credits" once in a while.

o7....

For the sake of argument, if nothing else: if Oberon is relevant, then maybe there's something in:

I sat upon a promontory,
And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath
That the rude sea grew civil at her song
And certain stars shot madly from their spheres,
To hear the sea-maid's music.
That very time I saw, but thou couldst not,
Flying between the cold moon and the earth,
Cupid all arm'd: a certain aim he took
At a fair vestal throned by the west,
And loosed his love-shaft smartly from his bow,
As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts;
But I might see young Cupid's fiery shaft
Quench'd in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
And the imperial votaress passed on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before milk-white, now purple with love's wound,
And maidens call it love-in-idleness.

Or maybe the old legend of Oberon having a cup that provides limitless food and drink, but only to the pure and virtuous.

I don't know. It's probably got nothing to do with Oberon.

Deleted member 110222

D
This is what I mean. The conspiracy is driving me mad. Ever since I started playing MMORPGs, I've had a shift in perspective in how I look at games. I don't see them as "life-sims" or whatever: I see them as, well, games.

I'll be honest, I think a lot of people are taking this Raxxla thing way too seriously now. I've been discussing the matter in Discords for other games, and I won't sugar-coat things: Most of the guys there think this is all a bit peculiar. I've linked to threads such as this and everything.

IMO, FD needs to start behaving in a more conventional fashion as a game developer. What they're doing right now is actually dissuading a lot of people from playing: The guys in the other communities have said in no uncertain terms that they are put off by the constant cryptic messages and general lack of communication from Frontier.

To be blunt: They don't think FD is a very good GM. That needs to change.

Also interesting, The Game Lore at Cannon mentions Alec Ryder's two sons, Oberon and Neptune.

I have been playing with the Galaxy Map, entering names. Soonstill is mentioned, and there is a system by that name.

If you put in Oberon, you get Sol. Of course, we know where Neptune is. There are also many of the Greek Gods in the Galaxy, Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, Athena, Detemer, Hephaestus, Hera, Delphi, Poseidon...

This I expected since the Greeks named stars after their gods, but I'm working on a theory of triangulation between them since most of us believe Raxxla to be in the bubble, with a distance which could be reached in a Sidney.

Also, The GM is a database connected to the location of all the stars in the galaxy. I try different queries and see what pops up. The Oberon pointing to Sol is just one I have found. Cirag unfortunately does not show up and neither does Raxxla spelled in different ways.

With "no clues" and "its in there and Fdev knows where it is", we should look in every nook and cranny in the game. I even search the "credits" once in a while.

o7....
Oberon is a moon of Uranus, hence your Sol result.

While you mention, I do find it very interesting a lot of information seems to lead to Greek mythology.
Did you know for example, there is a 'dark wheel' in the Greek underworld 'Tartarus'. It's purpose being tied to as a eternal punishment for immortal Ixion, seducer of Zeus' (fake) wife Hera. As a result she gave birth to Centaur.

I think we could find some hints going through Greek Mythology but I've been searching through Greek mythology to find Elite related hints but in this sea of information there are very few dots to connect, a lot of loose ends.

This is what I mean. The conspiracy is driving me mad. Ever since I started playing MMORPGs, I've had a shift in perspective in how I look at games. I don't see them as "life-sims" or whatever: I see them as, well, games.

I'll be honest, I think a lot of people are taking this Raxxla thing way too seriously now. I've been discussing the matter in Discords for other games, and I won't sugar-coat things: Most of the guys there think this is all a bit peculiar. I've linked to threads such as this and everything.

IMO, FD needs to start behaving in a more conventional fashion as a game developer. What they're doing right now is actually dissuading a lot of people from playing: The guys in the other communities have said in no uncertain terms that they are put off by the constant cryptic messages and general lack of communication from Frontier.

To be blunt: They don't think FD is a very good GM. That needs to change.

I skipped most of the stuff my self, but looking at the wiki, FDev put a lot of content for players to find. And they did, including tons of recorded messages and stories over the years.
Don't put blame on them if you don't partisipate. This is not like other MMORPG's wher they hold us by hand and tell us what to do and how, and which reward you will get in return.
This are actual adventures.

While you mention, I do find it very interesting a lot of information seems to lead to Greek mythology.
No, not really. There's only one information that might lead to Greek mythology: the Omphalos Rift. Other than that, no. It's beyond me why people keep on bringing Greek mythology into stories related to TDW and Raxxla.

Deleted member 110222

D
I skipped most of the stuff my self, but looking at the wiki, FDev put a lot of content for players to find. And they did, including tons of recorded messages and stories over the years.
Don't put blame on them if you don't partisipate. This is not like other MMORPG's wher they hold us by hand and tell us what to do and how, and which reward you will get in return.
The average player simply doesn't have the resources or time to find things like a vocal minority did.

Excuse me for wanting to access the content without having to run audio analysis on trailers.

That, in my opinion, is bad design.

If you want to call it hand-holding, then it's hand-holding. I don't care.

I can assure you though, there's no hand-holding in the MMOs I play. Only way to learn mechanics is to play the game, run dungeons, etc.

Only difference is, the devs don't try and make accessing those contents ridiculously obtuse.

FD does space-flight well. No doubt about it. But the whole locking the story to the 1% thing? It's dumb in my book.

Let's take the INRA bases as an example for recorded messages. Where is the adventure? Reading or listening on Galnet? Landing on some planet scanning some beacon?

Unikorn, at one time I would have agreed with your position. In the early Thargoid days I did feel that Canonn were withholding information and the game was unfairly biased towards a small sub set of players who were file diving (proved) and exploiting video cards to find things (proved)

However, things are different now. There are tools in game to allow you to find things and there are communities on Discord like the one I linked earlier where research is conducted in the open and with no secret clubs.

Also, there are still things to find. Either science based things such as odd background signals which can be analysed to produce images or curious coincidences in game Lore that lead you to discoveries. I've been traveling the Rare goods systems and researching the backgrounds to the names of Stations and Planets and come up with some really interesting stuff.

If other people in other games find all this confusing then that's probably because they don't play the game.

This new Interstellar Initiative thing is explicitly designed to allow players to go and poke around Guardian sites, who might not previously have had the time/will/knowledge/etc. Seems to me a clear message that FD are looking to make their lore stuff more accessible.

But there will always be elements of lore in the game that are complicated and difficult to get at. That's inevitable. But then, it's also a tiny part of the game. I mean, I've been playing for years, have enjoyed a great many activities, and my closest involvement with lore stuff has been the odd post on threads like this. The Raxxla/DW business - some or all of which might not even be real - is one small corner of ED, it's not like the whole game or even a major part of it is being closed off to time-poor players.

Has anyone thought to search the centre point between the 2 binary moons in the system mentioned to see if there is something there?

This new Interstellar Initiative thing is explicitly designed to allow players to go and poke around Guardian sites, who might not previously have had the time/will/knowledge/etc. Seems to me a clear message that FD are looking to make their lore stuff more accessible.

[...]

Frontier are also very considerate towards really slow readers. "IIs start April 29th" - first stuff to do in game May 16th (earliest). Slooow clap.

07 cmdrs,

Yesterday I posted coordinates to a site, allot of people are claiming I found Raxxla or a Clue to Raxxla, I have to clarify that this is not true. Their is nothing there, and I have no information on Raxxla or how to find it. Good luck to everyone out there still looking. Hope this clarifies everything.

- Cmdr Flavius

-.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / .-. .- -..- -..- .-.. .- / .-. .- -..- -..- .-.. .- / ..-. .. -. -.. ... / -.-- --- ..-

Last edited:
Yeah, the community was radiating joy and happiness because that's technically correct.

And while we're talking semantics, I never said it didn't start on the 29th.

Frontier are also very considerate towards really slow readers. "IIs start April 29th" - first stuff to do in game May 16th (earliest). Slooow clap.
It's begins on thrusday.
The 16th is the Ferry Launch date, and the next part of the Event, which we know nothing about.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom