RAXXLA: Official statement from FD ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
research anti xeno xl aegis?

I was proposing such and xl weapon idea for my panther clipper design. In place of huge weapon points.

Posted on Reddit where this thread was linked, but I'm trying it here too :

I don't understand why everyone searches Raxxla on the 8th moon of a gas giant ?
The codex says that's where the Dark Wheel station is (in orbit), but not Raxxla. Nothing is said about Raxxla's possible location, that's the point.
And doesn't the DW lost Raxxla ? Or this bit of lore isn't cannon (anymore / ever was) ?

true. in the 8-bit world of the original Elite you could only define so many systems in a "universe" and yes they were all in the same galaxy....just broken up into clusters.

The old games have been scoured backwards amd forwards several time and even at the code level there is no reference to Raxxla or travel to other galaxies (except the aforementioned clusters which are all in the same galaxy)
The original manual describes the means of getting between them as "intergalactic hyperdrive", and the map says "galaxy" rather than "cluster" or "sector" and there was no other way between them. It's my headcanon that it was really what you describe (different parts of the same galaxy) because it makes sense but there wasn't anything in the original to suggest it. Besides, 1984 Elite was full of alien life. I tend to think of the original Elite and Frontier onwards as totally different fictional universes that happen to share some names and ships.

Posted on Reddit where this thread was linked, but I'm trying it here too :

I don't understand why everyone searches Raxxla on the 8th moon of a gas giant ?
The codex says that's where the Dark Wheel station is (in orbit), but not Raxxla. Nothing is said about Raxxla's possible location, that's the point.
And doesn't the DW lost Raxxla ? Or this bit of lore isn't cannon (anymore / ever was) ?
Probably because this is our only official clue that is somewhat related to Raxxla. The secret station of the Dark Wheel is one step on the way to Raxxla, if it's possible to find it.

Interesting post by Cannon Research on Raxxla.

o7...
I liked the two points at the end, so typical of both men:
  1. Michael Brookes said “There will be no clues.”
  2. David Braben said “It’s out there and we (FD) know where it is.”

Probably because this is our only official clue that is somewhat related to Raxxla. The secret station of the Dark Wheel is one step on the way to Raxxla, if it's possible to find it.
It might not even be possible to find Raxxla without first completing some Dark Wheel related objective.

Does anyone really believe that Raxxla is an actual real place that you can visit in some meaningful way, and not just some bullcrap made up by FDev to string people along thinking there's some great conspiratorial mystery when in reality there's just.... nothing.....?

It fits the MO of the rest of the game, a shallow empty promise hyped up way beyond reality.

Wow. It must be at least two weeks since you logged in to do a post.

Also interesting, The Game Lore at Cannon mentions Alec Ryder's two sons, Oberon and Neptune.

I have been playing with the Galaxy Map, entering names. Soonstill is mentioned, and there is a system by that name.

If you put in Oberon, you get Sol. Of course, we know where Neptune is. There are also many of the Greek Gods in the Galaxy, Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, Athena, Detemer, Hephaestus, Hera, Delphi, Poseidon...

This I expected since the Greeks named stars after their gods, but I'm working on a theory of triangulation between them since most of us believe Raxxla to be in the bubble, with a distance which could be reached in a Sidney.

Also, The GM is a database connected to the location of all the stars in the galaxy. I try different queries and see what pops up. The Oberon pointing to Sol is just one I have found. Cirag unfortunately does not show up and neither does Raxxla spelled in different ways.

With "no clues" and "its in there and Fdev knows where it is", we should look in every nook and cranny in the game. I even search the "credits" once in a while.

o7....
You are probably aware of this thread (it has spoilers). Apparently it came to nought in the end.

One day, someone will post that they've found it ........... and we will never believe them :(

Also interesting, The Game Lore at Cannon mentions Alec Ryder's two sons, Oberon and Neptune.

I have been playing with the Galaxy Map, entering names. Soonstill is mentioned, and there is a system by that name.

If you put in Oberon, you get Sol. Of course, we know where Neptune is. There are also many of the Greek Gods in the Galaxy, Apollo, Zeus, Artemis, Athena, Detemer, Hephaestus, Hera, Delphi, Poseidon...

This I expected since the Greeks named stars after their gods, but I'm working on a theory of triangulation between them since most of us believe Raxxla to be in the bubble, with a distance which could be reached in a Sidney.

Also, The GM is a database connected to the location of all the stars in the galaxy. I try different queries and see what pops up. The Oberon pointing to Sol is just one I have found. Cirag unfortunately does not show up and neither does Raxxla spelled in different ways.

With "no clues" and "its in there and Fdev knows where it is", we should look in every nook and cranny in the game. I even search the "credits" once in a while.

o7....
Spoiler, new ship to be added. The "Sidney". Named after the great explorer, Sidney Jackson, who was the 1st to discover no one had ever heard of him.

It might not even be possible to find Raxxla without first completing some Dark Wheel related objective.

I totally agree that finding the Dark Wheel may be the first step to finding Raxxla, but then why searching for it on the 8th moon of a gas giant instead of searching the silent running station in orbit ?

Not necessarily. The Dark Wheel is just another organization that is also looking for Rexxla. They could be at the same dead end as we are.

Deleted member 38366

D
Wow. It must be at least two weeks since you logged in to do a poopoopost.

Hm, one thing (it being a physical place) I've been pondering about though.

The Reason is benign but still fairly important to consider IMHO :
- the Raxxla Threadnaught has been moved into the Lore part of the Forum after the respective SubForums were introduced much later
-> it was not moved into the Exploration SubForum

Might be a small Detail, but that one always caught my attention.
Could be redundant, but if it was an Exporation-based part of Gameplay, I'd expect it in the Exploration SubForum and not in the Lore SubForum (where alot of Lore Details are discussed that aren't physically or correctly represented in ED, even after all these years).

Reading the other topic about it, players in 2016 were saying that Raxxla is moving through something called witch-space. So it's moving around the galaxy, maybe each update week? Probably why no one can find it ... and never will. Until they give a hint where to look for at specific time date.
Emphasis by me, and that's why I think I am on the heels of Raxxla! Raxxla can travel through witch-space, which also means that it can arrive at any location in a system, just like capital ships in CZs; Raxxla will most likely be at some distant location around secondary stars or some such.
I am sure that what seems like a bug is actually the Raxxla jamming device at work: whenever you try to FSS scan the body/location where Raxxla is currently located, it scrambles and warps the FSS signals. By the time you relocate to scan those suspect locations, Raxxla has already moved on! I must have been so close the last couple of days - I had a few dozen such occasions of messed FSS, and others seem to observe the same FSS behavior...
:unsure::whistle:

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom