Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Was the super cruise assist mentioned?
As this is also a farce.
Let me explain.
If you want to crash into a star or any other astronomical body, then use this option.
It goes to the target in a straight line ignoring anything in the way.

OOPS.

I thought it was supposed to aid guidance to an Object!

As this is also a farce.
Let me explain.
If you want to crash into a star or any other astronomical body, then use this option.

OOPS.

It was I thought supposed to mainly assist you by running the throttles not replace you by doing everything, I have had issues using it but it has never collided with anything that wasn't in the way before I started.

It was I thought supposed to mainly assist you by running the throttles not replace you by doing everything, I have had issues using it but it has never collided with anything that wasn't in the way before I started.
I have had it happen four times out of 100 runs.
So a small percentage but still worth a punt at Fdev <Smirk>
To be honest I find it of no real use I use the slot for the SRV now.
Do surface missions. Great Fun.

So still nothing to fix this broken update ? EDIT: just saw an update will be rolled on Tuesday.

So no Elite for me this weekend, again and again...

I feel bad for buying the beta access last year or so when they throw updates without even testing it..

Thanks FDev, will reconsider buying cosmetics from now on, I've put enough money in the game for you to break it and prevent me to play.

As this is also a farce.
Let me explain.

OOPS.

It was clearly explained in the documantation that this was a form of cruise control, not an autopilot. if you aim at something it will hit it! That's why it's called Super Cruise Assist and not Autopilot.

It was clearly explained in the documantation that this was a form of cruise control, not an autopilot. if you aim at something it will hit it! That's why it's called Super Cruise Assist and not Autopilot.
Yes I was aware of the shortcomings, I was just hoping they would mod it slightly. :D

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms from tomorrow morning (2 May) starting at 09:30 AM (UTC) for approximately 30 minutes to apply a minor update containing fixes and improvements.

Thank you for your patience.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Commodities Market
  • Stopped allowing players to attempt to buy more goods from a market than it can actually supply
  • Increased the acceleration when choosing the quantity of commodity when buying or selling
  • The sell pop up now defaults to max amount of the chosen commodity you're carrying
  • If the player is currently docked at the station that is also set as the saved comparison market, the comparison column and its header will update and use the galactic average prices to calculate the profits
  • If the player doesn't have Horizons, planetary surface markets are not considered when looking for best prices in the 'also consumed by' / 'produced by' lists
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when sat in a dock
Damage Balancing
  • Fixed issue that caused more damage to be applied to SRVs when in multiplayer sessions
Engineering
  • Reverted changes made to the Drag Munitions special in the initial April Update release
Exploration
  • Fix new Codex discovery notifications not displaying in the cockpit UI when proximity scanning or using the discovery scanner's system scan to discover all stars in a system
Galaxy Map
  • Added a background to the control key along the bottom of the screen, to increase readability whilst in lighter areas of the map
Inventory
  • Added in a decrease button when removing cargo from your ship, even when at 1, so that players can quickly select the maximum amount they hold
Knowledge Base
  • Fixed missing non-English VO for knowledge base articles
Main Menu
  • Fixed inconsistencies in options order between main menu and pause menu
Modules
  • Fixed the module tab not updating in real time when modules have been shut down due to power usage
  • Stopped module priorities being reset to 1 during FSD transitions
  • Stopped the Shield Generator module from turning back on (when deactivated) during FSD transitions
  • Removed the synthesis recipe that was being mistakenly applied to the Enforcer Cannon
  • Fixed an issue where Enforcer Cannons would erroneously report that they could carry more ammo than they could
Navigation Panel
  • Increased the font size for the remaining number of jumps
  • Fixed missing 'clear filter' option from the SRV
  • Bookmarked locations will now have an icon to show it's marked
  • Selection UI will now stop at the top and bottom of the list of locations, whilst scrolling through them. A subsequent press of the button will then wrap around to the top/bottom.
  • Added text to explain if a stellar body requires a permit
Performance
  • Fixed the frame rate loss when the 'FX' graphical setting was set to anything other than 'off'
Pilots' Federation District
  • Added system descriptions to the galaxy map
Pilot's Handbook
  • Fixed various typos and formatting issues
  • Added links from the mission detail screen to relevant handbook articles
  • Added an 'Exit' button which will quit out of the Codex completely, rather than go back one page
Player Journal
  • Include BodyName and radius in Status.json file, when in SRV
  • Fixed a bug in the ship loadout info after swapping modules

Starport Services
  • 'Re-stock all' option now works correctly
Supercruise Assist
  • Fixed the keybinding for toggling orbit lines on/off not working whilst Supercruise Assist is active
  • Fixed an issue that caused the 'target obscured' message to not appear when a Nav Beacon was obscured by a star
  • Stopped prompts appearing whilst in FSS mode
Server Fixes
  • Re-enabled Codex discoveries for terraformable and non-terraformable ammonia worlds
  • Implemented an automatic disconnect when a player is removed from a private group they're currently flying in
  • Fixed ellipsis character on the main menu news in Russian
  • Fixed faction reputation and career rank changes from completing objectives at installations, megaships and Conflict Zones
Server fixes released since April Update launched
  • Fixed a number of causes for unable to load Commander data from the main menu
  • Tiana Fortune's medium and large landing pads should now be usable again
  • Fixed the Galaxy Map's planet port commodity filter
  • Fixed a number of performance & stability issues
I have a very strange bug, when I kill a ship Felicia Winter I get merits of Felicia Winter, but I'm ally with Aisling Duval of the Empire, so you can not advance in Powerplay, this bug it happens from this mentioned update

Yep, worst part is (once again) that there is absolutely no info or acknowledgement from FDev.

Are the FSS bugs noted?
Are they being worked on?
When can we expect any kind of fix?

Seriously, the exploration is very close to unusable at the moment.... And what else is there to do 18000 LY away?
Pretty sure there's a patch for that going out on Tuesday

Deleted member 38366

D
ETA for the patch fixing the previous patchs inserted bugs ?

About an hour ago and it's live already :

I play on Xbox One and haven't been able to get into the game for around a fortnight (I can play for maybe up to 90 seconds before getting a black screen) - does anyone have any idea whether this patch might fix this? I have good internet, everything else working fine etc., it's just ED which won't run. Was fine before I went away for Easter (have been playing for a good while, lots of ships etc., never had running issues before).

Thank you for any Xboxers or mods or players who have any insight, and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place. Took some time away from the forum and it all looks very different, so I am pretty much constantly confused. No, doesn't take much.

o7

Top Bottom