Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Still an oddity with docking authorization voice acting. After the Apr patch, we only received the Welcome and Automated Docking Engaged audibles. Now we get the Docking Authorized audible again, but not unless we go into autodock mode. Shouldn't we get the "Docking Authorized. Please land on docking bay one niner" WHEN we get the note on the HUD???
Oh dang, you are right! I felt like something was off but I had been using the Auto Dock since the last patch. I am going to investigate further but I do have the same issue. The comms about where your assigned pad is and all the "300m to touchdown" or "approach vector is good" etc. seem GONE.

If there's a bug report for this I'd gladly vote it.

Never seen a change in Thruster priorities but then I like every player I know leaves them at priority 1 and non of the priority resets I have seen raised the priority number they have all been moved to 1.
For my exploration build thrusters are set to priority 2 in case of a defective power plant (reduced output). And although this problem (reset to 1 after each jump) is less problematic than the change of all priorites (which is fixed), it indicates, that I can not rely on the priority list anymore für exploration purposes. If still (after the patch) the priorities will be changed by the game itself (even if it's only one), the whole priority list is useless. If we saw this this time and it's still not totally fixed, I will never again use priorities for a decent build if I'm out in the dark far away from home.

Last edited:
Never seen a change in Thruster priorities but then I like every player I know leaves them at priority 1 and non of the priority resets I have seen raised the priority number they have all been moved to 1.
I have my Thrusters on Priority 1 one but I tried changing it while auto undocking... it was messed up: I could hear the left/right sound effect but the priority would stay on "1" then suddenly become "5", then "2", then "1" (for some reason never "3" or "4"..) but without being a coherent change, sometimes it would become "1" and stay there then become 2, then 1, then 5, then 2, then 5, then 1.. you get the idea.

However, once set at 1 it never changed nor did any other module priority after the April's Patch Hotfix of May 2nd.

I have my Thrusters on Priority 1 one but I tried changing it while auto undocking... it was messed up: I could hear the left/right sound effect but the priority would stay on "1" then suddenly become "5", then "2", then "1" (for some reason never "3" or "4"..) but without being a coherent change, sometimes it would become "1" and stay there then become 2, then 1, then 5, then 2, then 5, then 1.. you get the idea.

However, once set at 1 it never changed nor did any other module priority after the April's Patch Hotfix of May 2nd.
I have the same. I already wrote about it here some days ago. Unfortunately it's not only changing during auto undocking (which is really messed up 1-5-2-1) but also after hyper jump.

I have the same. I already wrote about it here some days ago. Unfortunately it's not only changing during auto undocking (which is really messed up 1-5-2-1) but also after hyper jump.

Ok I tried to dock now without auto docking computer and the audio messages seem to be back... Maybe they were removed since you are auto docking and do not need to get manual assistance like bearing, speed, assigned pad etc... in a way it makes sense that station flight control finds it unnecessary use of radio traffic...

FSS is still bugged, I've waited for the patch to continue catching up on DW2, bug I can't use FSS most of the time.

Video of the bug :

EDIT : also when FSS seems to work, zooming out from a group of bodies or a body recenters on the parent body, making it very annoying when scanning bodies spread around a gas giant. It always recenters and you have to move the mouse even further away, very frustrating and counter-intuitive.

I'm done until next patch, again.

Last edited:
EDIT : also when FSS seems to work, zooming out from a group of bodies or a body recenters on the parent body, making it very annoying when scanning bodies spread around a gas giant. It always recenters and you have to move the mouse even further away, very frustrating and counter-intuitive.
IIRC this was the original behaviour during the beta testing and it was changed prior to release due to the complaints so it zoomed out while maintaining focus on the body just scanned.

Re-reverting it back to the way we liked it pre-April-patch shouldn't be too difficult :)

Finally came across the FSS corruption bug; the objects in question were orbiting a star 464,000 Ls away. Decided to fly towards it and mark of every 50,000Ls starting at 400,000Ls. Once I was within 350,000Ls I could scan successfully, so the distance the bug stopped happening for me was somewhere between 350,000-400,000Ls.

This is interesting since the user from the video I posted had the issue at 280,000Ls, while I never had come across the issue until now. Seems distance related, but it isn't always the same distances that this occurs at :unsure:

EDIT: Should of read MatYNWA's comment better (sorry!), could well be not related to distance (Certain angles of scan in relation to the primary star and the one your scanning...who knows?).

Last edited:
Finally came across the FSS corruption bug; the objects in question were orbiting a star 464,000 Ls away. Decided to fly towards it and mark of every 50,000Ls starting at 400,000Ls. Once I was within 350,000Ls I could scan successfully, so the distance the bug stopped happening for me was somewhere between 350,000-400,000Ls.

This is interesting since the user from the video I posted had the issue at 280,000Ls, while I never had come across the issue until now. Seems distance related, but it isn't always the same distances that this occurs at :unsure:

EDIT: Should of read MatYNWA's comment better (sorry!), could well be not related to distance (Certain angles of scan in relation to the primary star and the one your scanning...who knows?).
That's my experience also, I tested it with signals just over 380kls away and 100kls away. The first one, the 380kls one I just SC'd up to 20kls away, slowed down and the FSS worked fine. The second I tested at various distances, 60kls, 40kls and 20kls, both 60 and 40 failed but at 20kls the FSS worked fine on a signal that was otherwise impossible to scan. Yes it's not always the same distances, but I suspect it is distance related and also related to the layout of the signals in the area we are trying to scan. Normally a signal to close or hidden by another body would simply "fail to resolve" and you would need to move to clear the obstruction so I think this is related to both the target signal layout and distance.

IIRC this was the original behaviour during the beta testing and it was changed prior to release due to the complaints so it zoomed out while maintaining focus on the body just scanned.
The odd thing is that while I remember this being reported when the FSS was first available, I'm almost certain I never experienced it myself at the time. I put it down to one of those weird bugs that only happens with certain combinations of GPU / controller / custom settings. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it got "fixed" as I was learning the FSS ropes and I just assumed I'd got better with the controls. ;)

But now it seems to be back for everyone. I've already started to reprogram my muscle memory to compensate, and given enough time I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it's very unwieldy. I'll be more than happy to see this one reverted.

Is missions fixed yet (server side?) or are we still waiting for the April Update Patch Patch (client side)...?
I don't want to accept more missions that will timeout.

Game still hangs when exiting to desktop. I have to manually end the task with the Windows 10 task manager.
Same here, been that way since the April Debacle. It also hangs for me when trying to relog to the Main Menu, which is really annoying because that is a standard procedure for re-instancing the game in various scenarios.

Thanks to FSS bug, i've already waved couple of ELWs and WWs off on the way back to the bubble.
Congrats in advance to the cmdrs who will come across those planets and wonder why they are not tagged when ordinary icy planets are. :confused:

The "Repair all" not fixing paint is intentional and was implemented after initially fixing up Paint as well automatically.
Some like (me included btw.) having those "scars of long hauls" on many of their Ships, so blame folks like me for the current state of having to manually fix the paint.
Oh, didnt know that. Thank you for explaining :) (Makes some sense now btw!)

Top Bottom