General / Off-Topic Game of Thrones - Season 8 (Potential spoilers inside)

Imagine you not base your assumption on Real Life physics - because they have nothing in common with the GoT.
Accuracy of Scorpions have been shown to serve a plot when it needs to, and than miss when it needs to. There is nothing more to it. There were never Logic or Sense in them, like in an entire Season 8.

Nope, the accuracy was NOT shown V a healthy Dragon (even in that scene when Dany and Drogon initially dived at them, they had the advantage but still couldn't hit), they ONLY hit an unaware, already injured thus slow moving dragon.

She spend season after season freeing Slaves in the Essos - not a Hero? I think you have as much Sense and Logic as D&D, the writers of this last season.

She's NOT the hero of a Song of Ice and Fire. Hence why Dany fans going ape over her actions. Watch it again being more neutral towards her and you can see the signs. But in your defence there was insufficient exposition of her decline for it to make sense to the those rooting for her.

she's a Hero to Essos but clearly not to Westeros (Jon is their hero).

Oh and stop the personal attacks please. I have plenty of sense and logic thank you.

agreed it's rushed and could have been better, but not garbage etc.

I understand. Everybody feels differently.
My disappointment with season 8 is indescribable really. I was in shock and was unable to really enjoy the good parts. The bad poisoned everything for me..
For me it feels as if they undid the best fantasy series ever made with this last season.

This was one of the worst aspects, IMO. Nothing involving the dragons has ever looked particularly good,

I disagree with that. I think it looked very good.

and recent episodes have completely jumped the shark with regards to consistency with what the dragons can do.

Definitely! With that I completely and utterly agree..
They should perhaps have treated the dragons more like characters and developed them to make recent feats more believable to the viewer.

I understand. Everybody feels differently.
My disappointment with season 8 is indescribable really. I was in shock and was unable to really enjoy the good parts. The bad poisoned everything for me..
For me it feels as if they undid the best fantasy series ever made with this last season.

It's definitely a shame, I can understand why people are upset. I suppose if you love something and it goes wrong extreme reactions are common. All I'm doing is trying to show a different side to things, maybe one day you can see past the bad and enjoy the end for what it is. All the political intrigue is over, it's all about action and who wins and who loses.

Personaly I think this season should have been devoted to the NK storyline culminating in the death ofthe NK, then the final season devoted to who get's the Iron throne.

Regarding the Dragon fire all it needed was adding a bit of wild fire green flames to establish stores of it exploding, we did see evidence of green wild fire but not linked to the explosions.....then again it's fantasy and it's a dragon so any thoughts of reality should be tempered by that. Maybe Dany had her finger up drogons butt making it spit out more solid explodey balls of fire. ;) either way the actual why and how these dragons generate fire was never explored was it?

It was shows perfectly with Rhaegal death, not 1 but 2 shots, one even in the neck. This kind of accuracy only works when plot need it to work.

Once again injured/slow moving, side on, taken by surprise. Frontal profile of a diving dragon was established in that scene as harder to hit, even one taken by surprise. I do agree though that scene leads to more questions and should have never happened, but's it's more pluasible than you give it credit for.

Ice - Jon
Fire - Dany

As i said, you have as much Logic and Sense as the writers. It was always about this 2 characters.

I've already said that, you want to continue the insult then you have reading comprehension issues.

I also said that could be Jon as he is BOTH and I personally think that's what the Ice and Fire is. Dany is NOT the hero of the books.

If Jon Snow hadn't turned Dani down when she was hot to trott, all those innocent people in Kings Landing would not be bacon now.
Now she will give him the Throne with no-one to rule over, while she goes back to the Falleraki.

What if Cersi didn't die?

I disagree with that. I think it looked very good.

Definitely! With that I completely and utterly agree..
They should perhaps have treated the dragons more like characters and developed them to make recent feats more believable to the viewer.

I'm speaking more from a biomechanical perspective here. While I'm perfectly willing to suspend my disbelief to account for magic and other supernatural properties (which should still be consistent, so the setting and the stakes involved are comprehensible to the audience) in a fantasy show, GoTs dragons were largely presented as animals, with few overtly supernatural attributes...

...then they are habitually depicted as do things that are utterly inexplicable in such a context with very little consistency from writer to writer, episode to episode, or even scene to scene.

That is what bothers me.

The quality of the CGI and model designs were acceptable enough, but what was done with them, less so.

So What? Was Ned Stark mad for choping heads off too? You are trying to base your opinion on Real Life values, instead of TV Show it self.

And I have bad logic and sense? Ned does it ONCE, and I believe he was enforcing law....Dany has Killed a load MORE than NED for her PERSONAL reasons. She's got classic signs of tyrant brewing from very early on.

try reading this:

"Ned Stark is the Warden of the North. He is the seniormost representative of King Robert in every matter, including dispensing justice. He speaks for the king in all matters. He is, for all practical purposes, the king.
When the deserter is caught south of the wall, the law demands that he be executed in the name of the king. The sentence that Ned passes when the deserter was caught close to Winterfell is in the name of Robert.
As to why he himself had to swing the sword, well that is the old way; the man that passes the sentence swings the sword. That is the honourable thing to do and Ned Stark is an honourable man."

I'm speaking more from a biomechanical perspective here. While I'm perfectly willing to suspend my disbelief to account for magic and other supernatural properties (which should still be consistent, so the setting and the stakes involved are comprehensible to the audience) in a fantasy show, GoTs dragons were largely presented as animals, with few overtly supernatural attributes...

...then they are habitually depicted as do things that are utterly inexplicable in such a context with very little consistency from writer to writer, episode to episode, or even scene to scene.

That is what bothers me.

The quality of the CGI and model designs were acceptable enough, but what was done with them, less so.

I see why it bothers you but the Supernatural is clearly established in the series, just apply that to the dragons. Or do you think it's ok Melisandre lighted the blades of the Dothraki, we didn't see her coat the blades in oil or use a lighted bit of wood did we? There's more magicky stuff involved than we think, it's just doesn't dwell or focus on it like Harry Potter.

So What? Was Ned Stark mad for choping heads off too? You are trying to base your opinion on Real Life values, instead of TV Show it self.
No I am not. Ned Stark chopped peoples heads off because they were deserters/traitors (and only did it once from what I remember). But even then he showed signs of remorse but had to because it was the law. It's got nothing to do with real life values, it's about watching the series and coming to a conclusion, which I have done so.

If you didn't come to the same conclusion, thats fine. We all see things differently.

If you think they moved slow, you didn't actually watched episode 4 than.

Actually it's the opposite, Frontal is always easier to hit, because the angel at which you can manouver becomes smaller, and the target becomes bigger.
Once again no logic, no sense.

Yes I did, you clearly missed the point that Rheagal was STRUGGLING TO FLY....did YOU watch it?

Shall I post a picture of a dragon/plane side on and then it's frontal profile and see how much you can hit. Yes a frontal profile evntually becomes a big target but the premise here is Dany and Drogon know this and pull away before then.

Top Bottom