Pure combat ship

I've done lots of combat in my days but always used mulipurpose ships except for the fer de lance. It's great and all but since i want to collect materials from my fallen enemies i need a different ship. The cargo scoop on the lance is akward as hell. I was thinking about krait mk2 or the alliance crusader. Want a fighter bay so these are options that are not complete bricks.
Any advice.

I come from the Vulture/FAS/aChief school of combat ship, so I don;t know much about the aCrusader. But, I do use a K-Mk II often. It is my go to multi/combat ship. The K-Mk II is quite agile, and has good firepower. I think it might be a good choice for an SLF ready combat ship.

Are collector limpets an option?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but in most cases a Collector Limpet controller is always an option. Just buy one in outfitting, and stock up on limpets.

The aChief allows for easy scooping so I just do that.

The great things in this game is that you can do almost anything with almost any ship given enough engineering.

That said, I do had favorite combat ships. I do like the Kraits and the Aliance ships lately. I like the Vulture and the Vipers as combat ships, but only when engineered. I even like the Keelback, DBX and DBS for fighting. Never liked the FDL or the Corvette for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but in most cases a Collector Limpet controller is always an option. Just buy one in outfitting, and stock up on limpets.

The aChief allows for easy scooping so I just do that.
I was just thinking that if you were to use collectors then you could stay in the FdL by avoiding the cargo scoop issue.

I was just thinking that if you were to use collectors then you could stay in the FdL by avoiding the cargo scoop issue.

The FdL would have to give up a slot to the Controller, and another to a cargo bay to employ Limpets. That is far too many for a combat FdL to give up, by most accounts. Other ships have more flexibility, but two slots for collecting in anything other than a Large pad ships seems too much of a sacrifice.

I have both a Crusader and MKII built for combat. Without out a doubt I'd pick the MKII for what you want.

The Crusader will need the 5 & 6 optionals for shields and fighter hanger, leaving 3s and smaller for your collectors and cargo room. The MKII you can use a 5 or 6 for cargo depending on shield choice. All together I think it will just be affected less by giving up a couple of slots for cargo/collector.

The FdL would have to give up a slot to the Controller, and another to a cargo bay to employ Limpets. That is far too many for a combat FdL to give up, by most accounts. Other ships have more flexibility, but two slots for collecting in anything other than a Large pad ships seems too much of a sacrifice.
I've done it in a Krait easily enough. Granted a FdL would be more difficult, but it's only PvE so still quite doable.

Got the krait now and a rated it.

Went bounty hunting and suddenly the whole system authority mob ganged up on me. I have no fines nor bounties on me. I just checked . Weird....

You can get a Bounty that is not attached to a Murder crime, by you or your SLF accidentally hitting a freindly. There is a threshold, and it is fairly high, but doing enough damage and/or hitting a Hull of a friendly will get you chased out of a combat instance. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for getting a bounty like that, and immediately jump out of the instance.

Best mat hunting I've found is in anarchy systems that have visitor beacons. You can really do a lot of collateral damage there, killing big cruise ships and gathering all the ceramic materials. I use 9 limpets at a time there, it's so fertile. It's a great place to test those PAs or rails also.

You can get a Bounty that is not attached to a Murder crime, by you or your SLF accidentally hitting a freindly. There is a threshold, and it is fairly high, but doing enough damage and/or hitting a Hull of a friendly will get you chased out of a combat instance. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for getting a bounty like that, and immediately jump out of the instance.
I wasn't even near any system authority vessels. I was blasting away at a wanted DBX while the cops where far behind me occupied with another ship. Suddenly my radar went all red and everyone chased me. First i thought that the DBX was part of a wing.

I'm leaning towards the krait mk2. Like the design of the crusader more though.

Trouble with using the Krait for combat is, IIRC, both it's armor and shield "fiddle-factors" are worse than the Python.

Basically, if you like the idea of using a Krait for combat, objectively, you should probably buy a Python instead.

Trouble with using the Krait for combat is, IIRC, both it's armor and shield "fiddle-factors" are worse than the Python.

Basically, if you like the idea of using a Krait for combat, objectively, you should probably buy a Python instead.

The Python still lacks an SLF, and handles like a turtle. The K-Mk II has the same firepower as the Python, but can get out of it's own way.

Top Bottom